Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post mail delivery

Options
  • 02-03-2018 9:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

No collections or deliveries til Monday.

Quiet time of year for post, they don't expect any delay unless weather is still causing issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Expecting mail to be sent from limerick to bray on Monday, should there be a long delay at the moment given the weather if services resume on Monday. Will need the item by Thursday at the latest.
    If anyone has any idea that’d be appreciated. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Expecting mail to be sent from limerick to bray on Monday, should there be a long delay at the moment given the weather if services resume on Monday. Will need the item by Thursday at the latest.
    If anyone has any idea that’d be appreciated. Thanks

As my post above, the email I got from An Post (we're a medium size parcel customer) says they expect to be operating normally almost immediately as its a off peak time of year and, once access is available, we can be assured of normal delivery times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

If you think about it logically there won't be a long delay. People couldn't inject mail into the system. 80% of mail is dine via business collections and these won't have happened

• Registered Users Posts: 15,269 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

CeilingFly wrote: »
    As my post above, the email I got from An Post (we're a medium size parcel customer) says they expect to be operating normally almost immediately as its a off peak time of year and, once access is available, we can be assured of normal delivery times.
    Great thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

I find it very strange that we have received no post since the snow - naturally no delivery Wed, Thurs, Frid: I would have expected post on the Wed or Thurs so that should surely be delivered by now. And no post posted on Mon/Tues to be delivered. We're a normal household but there would usually be post here 4 out of 5 days a week. Churchtown is our sorting office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I sent a letter last Wednesday from Dublin 15 that still hasn't arrived in Dublin 2.

I'd imagine it wasn't picked up until Monday and stuck in some sort of backlog. Hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got one item today date 23/02. Footpaths are *still* quite bad around here and the post is delivered by bike/foot.

• Advertisement
Advertisement