Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis

Options
  • 02-03-2018 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

Any taxi company's actually working in South Dublin? Terenure area

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Wonder are they running tonight? Is there much point trying to get one tonight from city centre to D15

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Cabs running grand, loads in town. Try Mytaxi

• Registered Users Posts: 15 John198119

Hi guys,
    I just submitted my application with the Gards for my Spsv licence. I know it takes up to 12 weeks for them to run the background check, but how will they give me the licence by post or do I have to go back to them?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

John198119 wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    I just submitted my application with the Gards for my Spsv licence. I know it takes up to 12 weeks for them to run the background check, but how will they give me the licence by post or do I have to go back to them?
    Thanks
    You pick up your paper spsv licence in the Garda carriage office in Santry(if you're in Dublin) along with the metal badge.
    The dashboard ID card and the wallet ID arrive a couple of weeks later from the NTA.
    In my experience,it took 16 weeks.
    If you need any more advice just ask .

vandriver wrote: »
    You pick up your paper spsv licence in the Garda carriage office in Santry(if you're in Dublin) along with the metal badge.
    The dashboard ID card and the wallet ID arrive a couple of weeks later from the NTA.
    In my experience,it took 16 weeks.
    If you need any more advice just ask .
    Thank you for the info. Would they call me or do I have to get in touch with them and check if it’s ready?
    Appreciate your time

• Advertisement

They phone you.

Have you got a car/insurance sorted?

Have you got a car/insurance sorted?

No. After I get my driver license, I will apply for the wah grant and buy a wheelchair accessible taxi. After that the hard part: insurance. Apparently no one will provide me with a quote as a new taxi driver, so I would have to get 3 denials in writing and then contact Declined insurance bureau and they will make an insurance company provide me with a quote.
    If you have any tips, please let me know
    Thank you for your time

John198119 wrote: »
    No. After I get my driver license, I will apply for the wah grant and buy a wheelchair accessible taxi. After that the hard part: insurance. Apparently no one will provide me with a quote as a new taxi driver, so I would have to get 3 denials in writing and then contact Declined insurance bureau and they will make an insurance company provide me with a quote.
    If you have any tips, please let me know
    Thank you for your time
    You could rent for a year,and get insured that way.Then buy in 2019 when you know you want to stick at it,and you have a years taxi NCB as a named driver.
    I had 5 years car NCB,and held a license for 10 years and didn't have a problem getting insurance (at a price)

You could rent for a year,and get insured that way.Then buy in 2019 when you know you want to stick at it,and you have a years taxi NCB as a named driver.
    I had 5 years car NCB,and held a license for 10 years and didn't have a problem getting insurance (at a price)

Some people told me that I would not get NCB as a named driver. I’ll have to look into it some more, obviously.
    Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭ma88

Does somebody know if a WAV is exempt for vrt if the car will operate as taxi?
    Thank you.

Advertisement