Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People who have pets as accessories

• 02-03-2018 9:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 Brian OBrien

I live with my parents, my sister and her husband live across the road. She got a dog from Dogs' Trust who were grilling her on her work and home situation. She spun a few yarns, because her and her husband work 9-5 Monday to Friday and she does an evening college course.

At 7 AM every day she drops the dog over to this house for my mam to look after, feed breakfast walk and feed her her tea. Any vet business, my mam does it. Any walking, my mam does it.

On the weekend, the dog doesn't get walked because it "gets walked enough over the week days".

The last dog she had (which lived under similar circumstances) grew very old and feeble and couldn't walk much, she grew long nails. I pointed out several times that they are long and causing her pain to walk around, I was told to mind my own business. My mam brought her up to get them clipped by the vet and there was uproar, my sister reduced my mam to tears because she "interfered with her dog without permission".

My sister only takes the dog in the evenings for the few hours that she is awake and on weekends.

My mam put a knitted jumper on the dog during the snow recently when she was in the house because of the cold, my sister came in to see the jumper and made my mam cry again. Why? Because the jumper looks stupid apparently.

Do some people just see pets as accessories and not family members? These people sicken me. My mam and dad and I treat our own cairn terrier mix like a King (he deserves no better).

After the jumper incident, I called my sister and ungrateful cunt[size]. She turned on the waterowrks and I was made apologise for the sake of "peace". I'm 27 and she's almost 30. It's not like we're kids. I felt like shit watching my mam cry, she's a saint. My sister still rules the roost over here even though she's long moved out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Why ask us? Ask you sister!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Why would your sister not have a dog when there is someone else looking after it. your mum may be a saint be she is also a fool. Have seen situations like this all too often.

Your mum should gather up the dog's belongings and have them and the dog ready for your sister to take with her when she next calls.

But why do I think she won't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Does the sister posts pictures of herself and the dog on social media?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭joey1111

I live with my parents, my sister and her husband live across the road. She got a dog from Dogs' Trust who were grilling her on her work and home situation. She spun a few yarns, because her and her husband work 9-5 Monday to Friday and she does an evening college course.

At 7 AM every day she drops the dog over to this house for my mam to look after, feed breakfast walk and feed her her tea. Any vet business, my mam does it. Any walking, my mam does it.

On the weekend, the dog doesn't get walked because it "gets walked enough over the week days".

The last dog she had (which lived under similar circumstances) grew very old and feeble and couldn't walk much, she grew long nails. I pointed out several times that they are long and causing her pain to walk around, I was told to mind my own business. My mam brought her up to get them clipped by the vet and there was uproar, my sister reduced my mam to tears because she "interfered with her dog without permission".

My sister only takes the dog in the evenings for the few hours that she is awake and on weekends.

My mam put a knitted jumper on the dog during the snow recently when she was in the house because of the cold, my sister came in to see the jumper and made my mam cry again. Why? Because the jumper looks stupid apparently.

Do some people just see pets as accessories and not family members? These people sicken me. My mam and dad and I treat our own cairn terrier mix like a King (he deserves no better).

After the jumper incident, I called my sister and ungrateful cunt[size]. She turned on the waterowrks and I was made apologise for the sake of "peace". I'm 27 and she's almost 30. It's not like we're kids. I felt like shit watching my mam cry, she's a saint. My sister still rules the roost over here even though she's long moved out.

Why dont you just take over the maintenance of the dog then?

My sisters daughter wanted a dog for years and she eventually gave in and picked one up from a shelter and got it fixed up.

Of course her daughter didnt want to look after it being a young social teen and I guess my sister knew this all along.

My sister ended up maintaining it and myself and my dad walked the dog whenever we could. She was actually great company for the long runs I did for the marathon (once she didnt see a cat)

These things happen with animals a lot and if your sister cant look after it and you feel sorry for your mother then you sound like the perfect candidate to do the right thing by the dog.

A young fit responsible man like yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Things have gone downhill fast since bints like Paris Hilton started carrying small dogs around in their bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Ellie Quick Jury

diomed wrote: »
    Does the sister posts pictures of herself and the dog on social media?
    Is this the So Sue me wan, who seemed to use the dogs as an opportunity for a blog/insta/snapchat post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

Your sister sounds like a right prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Ellie Quick Jury

make an anonymous complaint to the dogs trust shes pawning the dog off to others....ffs it annoys me if you cant care for the dog/pet, don't get one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭joey1111

make an anonymous complaint to the dogs trust shes pawning the dog off to others....ffs it annoys me if you cant care for the dog/pet, don't get one

What could they do?

She should get a cat. They look after themselves its brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Edz87 wrote: »
    She should get a cat. They look after themselves its brilliant.

Yeah but then people hate cats because of the "you don't own one, you feed one" nonsense.

Either give your dog everything it needs, get a cat, or if you can't even be bothered with them then get a goldfish. Dogs are like toddlers that never grow up, if you can't make the commitment then don't commit ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Yeah but then people hate cats because of the "you don't own one, you feed one" nonsense.

Either give your dog everything it needs, get a cat, or if you can't even be bothered with them then get a goldfish. Dogs are like toddlers that never grow up, if you can't make the commitment then don't commit ...

Goldfish need love and commitment too you know! Better all round if this sister invests in a plant, preferably a plastic one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,456 ✭✭✭Riddle101

No offense OP, but your sister sounds like a bit of a bully. Reducing your mother to tears? All because of a jumper your mother knitted for the dog? such an ungrateful woman. She should be grateful she has someone to look after it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Oldtree wrote: »
    Goldfish need love and commitment too you know! Better all round if this sister invests in a plant, preferably a plastic one.

You're not wrong..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Your sister is laying the ground work for when she has kids.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

So she's got a lapdog.

Doesn't she realise that nowadays people can buy stuff in chemists to get rid of lice and fleas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is facebook down or something.

Advertisement