Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl torched in CityWest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Can't pay, won't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Is this actually real????

I swear to f@*k only in Ireland!?
    I'm enraged and disgusted by this :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Is this actually real????

I swear to f@*k only in Ireland!?
    I'm enraged and disgusted by this :mad:

Everything except the store burning is real

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

The Gardaí have better things to be doing than dealing with these scumbags. This is disgusting. They should all be locked up and starved.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Dreadful. Absolute scum.

I pity the decent people living in the area who are left with one less supermarket for potentially weeks.

I also pity those families buying the luxurious houses in Citywest Village just a short walk away from this Lidl. This area is only getting worse

That's a group of people who are in serious denial. There's a thread for that development where issues from the area were brought up, they didn't take kindly to it.

On the plus side the prices will be dropping for the next buyers.

After the murder in the shopping center a guy who works for citywest was on the radio posing as a member of the public (I know this person and recognized them on the radio) saying what a lovely area citywest is and nothing bad ever happens, pure schysters.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

tretorn wrote: »
    This wouldnt be the behaviour of the native scumbags, I would suspect it was mostly African people who were involved.
    Complete bull****. Clearly you have never been around the area. It has a history of local scumbaggery.

Peter File wrote: »
    Everything except the store burning is real

its on fire

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭bricks

Maybe they got the guy driving the digger.
    You can just see 1 person getting arrested on the video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

dj jarvis wrote: »
    its on fire

No it's not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭rameire

The locals have no issues surrounding Joan Burton and shouting shame at a moments notice, but get a few scumbags to tear down a Lidl and loot the place and they all stand around having a laugh.
    Great community.
    hope they find the knackers that did this and flog them with a JCB.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 16,950 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

tretorn wrote: »
    Are they mostly black people, is it Citywest or Jobstown or is it both places.

I was in Citywest one day and there were swarms of black teenagers causing trouble. I thought I would never get back onto the motorway.

What is going on out there, where have all these people come from and where do they live. They were all male.

Take a ramble into MacUilliam some day, all your questions will be answered.

Glazers Out!

its on fire

The picture being circulated is not of the lidl in Jobstown. You will note that there is no snow in the picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

its on fire

Must be bad as it's melted all the snow in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭fg1406

I lived in city west and saggart for a few years and that Lidl really was in a crappy area. The McUilliam estate directly opposite is ropey as hell. Not to mention the constant stream of anti social behaviour that never makes the media, happening every day of the week. The Luas stops at fortunestown and fettercairn are hotspots too. When I saw those houses being built next to the Luas stop and being sold for €400k, I thought who in their right mind would buy there.

I've seen a lot stuff happen in that area over the years, cars being burnt out, joyriding across playing pitches, bins being set on fire, burglaries, verbal attacks, assaults, mugging etc but this is definitely the worst. Those scumbags (who were homegrown in the footage from earlier) robbed that truck and were joyriding around tallaght hours ago, knecking bottles of vodka and no gardai in sight. They had hours of notice of what these scrotes were up to. I don't blame the gardaì in that they were stretched to the limit, but it would have been better for the residents if the gardai were able to turn up before the looting got out of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Green Peter

Utter scum, utter utter scum. I'm sick of people defending them, Mr Connors has shown his true colours in his Tweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

The worst thing is that this will.encourage other scumbags to break into places tonight. They know the cop response times will be very very slow

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭jayjay2010

All the videos I watched had mostly white men?

Why does their skin colour even matter? The lot of them are scumbags it doesn’t make a difference what colour they are! People need to get over themselves.

Jobstown/citywest, unfortunately, are both places with very bad anti social issues. I went to an apartment viewing in The Belfry and just from the people hanging around I decided not to view the property. I didn’t even feel safe leaving my car for 5 minutes never mind living there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Reports of another store robbed as well as the Centra and Lidl - anyone have any info?

• Advertisement

Utter scum, utter utter scum. I'm sick of people defending them, Mr Connors has shown his true colours in his Tweet.

He has finally deleted it
    John Connors

@johnconnors1990
    9m9 minutes ago
    More
    My tweet about the loaves of bread was when there was loaves of bread stolen. Then world war 3 begun. Mad ****. Hope no ones hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

John Connors

@johnconnors1990
    Follow Follow @johnconnors1990
    More
    Put it this way, if i see any young ones or young fellas robbing a few loafs of bread from a big corporation I will not be calling @gardainfo . These ***** are robbing all of us everyday.

8:09 PM - 2 Mar 2018

What a complete piece of ****.

correct about the fire, told it was taken by some one on the scene.
    apology to all, mislead myself.

thats what happens when you dont fact check- lesson learned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

John Connors

@johnconnors1990
    Follow Follow @johnconnors1990
    More
    Put it this way, if i see any young ones or young fellas robbing a few loafs of bread from a big corporation I will not be calling @gardainfo . These ***** are robbing all of us everyday.

8:09 PM - 2 Mar 2018
    Typical leftie commie. No one should have anything, lest someone have something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Wouldn’t happen on the Neilstown Road though, too busy spending their extra fuel allowance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I swear to f@*k only in Ireland!?:

I hate dumb responses like yours.
    This happens all over the world.
    You must have a short memory when you can’t even remember the London riots in 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Deleted the tweet. I'm sure he realised it wouldn't be good for dvd sales

Too late Connors - I took a screenshot : )

Appropriate banner on his twitter page - seems he has a thing for gangsters.

JC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    The Gardaí have better things to be doing than dealing with these scumbags. This is disgusting. They should all be locked up and starved.

I dont understand this statement..
    Name one thing in the whole of Ireland that you can compare or is worse than this incident tonight.....
    Please dont mention the Beast from the East.
    Thank You.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

All the virtue signallers on facebook staying quiet on this topic. Fair play to the Gardai for policing our streets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement