Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl torched in CityWest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Anyone know if there was any truth to the Army reports?

Some big mainstream sources reported it after all.

Edit: confirmed. Logistics support only. http://www.thejournal.ie/lidl-dublin-looted-3882869-Mar2018/
    A spokesperson from the Defence Forces told TheJournal.ie that it has been requested to provide 6×6 vehicles to transport gardaí into the Tallaght area.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Is it not possibly for the Garda to ask the phone company's to check their records if a phone was in the footprint of the store via triangulation or gps.

you would have no reason to be in the store when its closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

dj jarvis wrote: »
    Is it not possibly for the Garda to ask the phone company's to check their records if a phone was in the footprint of the store via triangulation or gps.

It’s not that easy. This isn’t CSI: Jobstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Effects wrote: »
    I hate dumb responses like yours.
    This happens all over the world.
    You must have a short memory when you can’t even remember the London riots in 2011.

Nothing dumb about my statement at-all at-all..
    It's a common phrase in Ireland..
    When you see something unbelievable, shocking,disgusting, shameful etc etc.
    Great input tho. Keep it up lmao

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I dont understand this statement..
    Name one thing in the whole of Ireland that you can compare or is worse than this incident tonight.....
    Please dont mention the Beast from the East.
    Thank You.

Im sure the poster meant that the Gardai have better things to be doing than having to deal with these scum bags. As in, the scum are diverting services from other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

dj jarvis wrote:

It wouldn't be that accurate and even if it was the shop is on a main road so you would have hundreds passing by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

It's a different story if you're investigating a murder and the husband has denied he was in the area and his phone proves he was. Which has happened.

But in that case they know which phone they want checked.

Not as easy to ask the phone companies to check all their customers phones to see who was in an area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

The looters ma’s be giving out tomorrow on the radio coz Lidl and Centra be closed and they can’t get their rations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

sdanseo wrote: »
    Anyone know if there was any truth to the Army reports?

Some big mainstream sources reported it after all.

Edit: confirmed. Logistics support only. http://www.thejournal.ie/lidl-dublin-looted-3882869-Mar2018/
    I'm in the Tallaght area, though thankfully not anywhere near that Lidl. There's definitely Army Jeeps about, though it's difficult to tell if it's for that as they're being used to ferry medical staff to and from the hospital too.

• Advertisement

they triangulated a phone that was turned off to find that kid who was killed in cork by his neighbour 10 years ago,
    and your telling me they cannot find phones that most likely switched on?

Cop on

Cazale wrote: »
    It wouldn't be that accurate and even if it was the shop is on a main road so you would have hundreds passing by it.

they can do it down to 2 meters , its a start is it not

It's a pretty dumb phrase. I understand lots of people use it when trying to think Ireland is worse than other parts of the world.
    You don't need to explain yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

When you see something unbelievable, shocking,disgusting, shameful etc etc.
    Great input tho. Keep it up lmao
    Bruthal wrote: »
    Im sure the poster meant that the Gardai have better things to be doing than having to deal with these scum bags. As in, the scum are diverting services from other areas.

Thank you, I know exactly what he meant and yes your correct..
    I just didn't like his tone :cool:

they triangulated a phone that was turned off to find that kid who was killed in cork by his neighbour 10 years ago,

Cop on

You have no idea what you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Something like this would be a perfect diversion for a bigger job. Get a huge amount of police chasing randomers while the big boys do a bigger job

You have no idea what you are talking about.

well prove me wrong? 2 minutes on the oul google and ill prove im correct,
    off ya go and prove me wrong - put up or shut up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Android / Google by default record your movement down to a square meter. So it is easy. Getting the data is the hard part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Cop on

Except the fine lads here are unlikely to lie still in one spot for a few weeks, unless its in bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

See a vid of them in someone's house with their bags of lidl stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

The Gards could get a warrant and pull the data from Google, Apple and Snapchat for example. Trivial task once you get the warrant.

The Gards could get a warrant and pull the data from Google, Apple and Snapchat for example. Trivial task once you get the warrant.

that was my point, if nothing they will start ratting on each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Peter File wrote: »
    John Connors

@johnconnors1990
    Follow Follow @johnconnors1990
    More
    Put it this way, if i see any young ones or young fellas robbing a few loafs of bread from a big corporation I will not be calling @gardainfo . These ***** are robbing all of us everyday.

8:09 PM - 2 Mar 2018

Thats his "career" finished!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Casualsingby

Whenever I'd see looting in America after a hurricane I'd think jes that would never happen here. How wrong was I.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

He has finally deleted it
    John Connors

@johnconnors1990
    9m9 minutes ago
    More
    My tweet about the loaves of bread was when there was loaves of bread stolen. Then world war 3 begun. Mad ****. Hope no ones hurt.

Dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

John Connors

@johnconnors1990
    5m5 minutes ago
    More
    Got hundreds of these type of tweets in the last two hours, death threats&many just relating everything back to the fact that i'm a Traveller. Yet i'm using this? Yer the ones tweeting it. Everyone asking me to apologise. Just so you know that will never ever ever happen. Night.

well prove me wrong? 2 minutes on the oul google and ill prove im correct,
    off ya go and prove me wrong - put up or shut up.

I'd say the burden of proof is on you given your extraordinary claims. Just provide details of cell mast triangulation in such a precise location.
    Don't forget to give examples of where multiple individual phones were traced in a specific area without knowledge of who those people are.

I'm also interested in the precise tracking of Robert Holohan's location from a mobile phone that was turned off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

He has finally deleted it
    John Connors

@johnconnors1990
    9m9 minutes ago
    More
    My tweet about the loaves of bread was when there was loaves of bread stolen. Then world war 3 begun. Mad ****. Hope no ones hurt.

Johnny boy wouldn't be the sharpest knife in the drawer

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement