Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it legal to import airsoft guns from other countries in the EU?

Options
  • 02-03-2018 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I know this has been asked multiple times, but hear me out. I cannot find any information on this topic after 2011, and I do not want to take such a risk without being first informed. I frankly think that guns here are a bit on the expensive side. I have found cheaper options in some shops like gunfire.pl, this one being based in poland. My general question is, can I get airsoft guns to Ireland as long as they are under the legal limit or have been downgraded before posting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Importing, I think it's technically restricted to retailers since 2009 but it's not enforced, my team mates and I regularly import stuff from gunfire and taiwangun in Poland, never any issues. Just be sure to request it is downgraded to BELOW 1joule before shipping. I think both sites do it for free, it just adds a few days to the processing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Yes it's legal
    Yes they need to be downgraded before they are shipped

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Gatling wrote: »
    Yes it's legal
    Yes they need to be downgraded before they are shipped

If I was to order a spare gas mag from, say, a Hong Kong site, would that need to be adjusted?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Parasites

I did not know that and make downgrad here :)

Advertisement