Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will schools open Monday?

Options
  • 02-03-2018 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Doubt it - can't see public transport in Dublin even being back to full action.

I walked from Donore Avenue, up to the Canal, down Clanbrassil St and back down SCR around 6pm while it's not that bad walking in it in wellies but the roads are brutal. The odd car that was out looked to literally be sliding the whole way around. Cars stopped trying to go again just had their wheels spinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

I'd say the schools will need Monday to tackle access and flooding issues

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Dept of Education have said schools and colleges should open on Monday but they should assess conditions before making individual decisions.

https://www.education.ie/en/Press-Events/Press-Releases/2018-press-releases/PR2018-03-03.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

My friend is a teacher and it'll be Tuesday in west Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Some schools in Clondalkin and Tallaght closed tomorrow - also a few elsewhere just bringing in the 3rd and 6th years.

• Advertisement
Advertisement