Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Brexit thread

Options
  • 03-03-2018 12:05am

I’ve been banned from the Brexit thread and told not to post in it again.

As the mods of the forum are actively involved in the thread and have a very set opinion, I would like a a Cmod to review.

I would also like to draw attention to what I feel is biased moderating due to an ex cmod of the politics forum being actively involved.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Firstly this forum is to deal with cards or bans only. I presume you are appealing the 1 month ban you received from the Politic forum earlier. Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process

Beasty wrote: »
    Firstly this forum is to deal with cards or bans only. I presume you are appealing the 1 month ban you received from the Politic forum earlier. Have you attempted to resolve this directly with the mod who banned you? That's the first step in the dispute process

I responded to the email banning me, but received no response. I didn’t ask him to change his mind though, although I can do in order to tick the box

He won’t though, because the politics aren’t interested in alternative view points, they just want an echo chamber.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please follow the process as set out

Thanks

Please follow the process as set out

Thanks

What is the requisite amount of time to allow for a response from the moderator?

From the guidelines above (I appreciate they are not visible on the touch site)
    If you have an issue with a ban or infraction, the first thing you should always do is PM the Mod(s) of the forum and ask for clarification on what’s gone wrong.
    Please don’t expect an answer straight away, Mods are volunteers and are not always in a position to deal with your issue. Give it at least a day

• Advertisement

No response from the mod so far

I have conversed with the mod in question and regardless of the outcome, I see no point in arguing this through dispute resolution.

As a general comment though, my biggest complaint is about moderating in the Politics forum and although I have no issue with the mods and respect that they moderate what is probably the most emotive forum on Boards, most of my frustrations would be resolved if there were a feedback forum on there where an open discussion could be had, similar to the one on AH.

it isn't the standard of moderating I have issue with, it is understanding better what is and isn't acceptable and at times, this isn't always obvious.

Aegir wrote: »
    most of my frustrations would be resolved if there were a feedback forum on there where an open discussion could be had, similar to the one on AH.
    Just to be clear, if you were looking to clarify forum rules or seek changes to how the mods implement those rules, you can start a thread in Help Desk. A conversation with local mods and then a CMod would be a precursor to that though. That would not be one for site-wide Feedback

I'm marking this appeal as resolved

Just to be clear, if you were looking to clarify forum rules or seek changes to how the mods implement those rules, you can start a thread in Help Desk. A conversation with local mods and then a CMod would be a precursor to that though. That would not be one for site-wide Feedback

I'm marking this appeal as resolved

I was actually looking to appeal the ban, but if i am so out of line with what the mods consider reasonable behaviour, then I may as well just avoid the Politics forum in its entirety.

Apologies for wasting your time.

To date the only time I've spent on this is typing out these responses, and there's no need to apologise

Your appeal can go ahead if you wish - I clearly misunderstood your prior post. Before I get a CMod involved, can you confirm whether you do want it to proceed

Thanks

• Advertisement

To date the only time I've spent on this is typing out these responses, and there's no need to apologise

Your appeal can go ahead if you wish - I clearly misunderstood your prior post. Before I get a CMod involved, can you confirm whether you do want it to proceed

Thanks

No, no need to proceed.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement