Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't even...

Options
  • 03-03-2018 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

TL;DR: a judge in America (because of course it's America - Illinois in this case) has banned a 16 year old from playing violent video games after said 16 year old was arrested after apparently making threats against his school in a Snapchat video, in which he is seen playing an undisclosed violent game.

- Source: IGN

Now... could someone enlighten me as to how exactly this judge in his/her infinite wisdom plans on seeing that this ruling is enforced? Like, just... how? Gonna plant cameras in the house with 24/7 monitoring? Gonna have a cop posted at the address to monitor the kid whenever he's at home? Using magic pixie dust?? :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the kid will seethe for a couple of years and then walk into a supermarket, buy an assault rifle and take out this issues the American way

Good point on the enforcement though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As a punishment for such a threat, I think it's a pretty good one actually. If the kid's parents had done the same a few more times then maybe the kid wouldn't be making threats :) As to how you enforce it, well the only answer I can think of is "not easily" :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

jaxxx wrote: »
    TL;DR: a judge in America (because of course it's America - Illinois in this case) has banned a 16 year old from playing violent video games after said 16 year old was arrested after apparently making threats against his school in a Snapchat video, in which he is seen playing an undisclosed violent game.

- Source: IGN

Now... could someone enlighten me as to how exactly this judge in his/her infinite wisdom plans on seeing that this ruling is enforced? Like, just... how? Gonna plant cameras in the house with 24/7 monitoring? Gonna have a cop posted at the address to monitor the kid whenever he's at home? Using magic pixie dust?? :confused::confused::confused:
    He's a minor so his parents have to enforce it or face contempt of court if he's found playing such games.

Advertisement