Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted Used bullet shell casings

Options
  • 03-03-2018 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Dont suppose anyone could help out or advise of where I might pick up some used/ spent bullet casings for a craft project !
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭rsole1

thecelt wrote: »
    Dont suppose anyone could help out or advise of where I might pick up some used/ spent bullet casings for a craft project !
    Thanks in advance.

22lr and 12. I think you might have to have a licence to possess even spent casings.

• Subscribers Posts: 335 ✭✭noeleire

What county are you in..

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭thecelt

Kerry

• Subscribers Posts: 335 ✭✭noeleire

To far Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

thecelt wrote: »
    Thanks in advance.

As far as I am aware, having spent bullet casings in your possession without a licence is, for some unknown reason (since a spent bullet casing is no more dangerous than an empty beer can), against the law here. I've no idea whether this is one of those laws that is, in practise, ignored, but I would have to imagine it is.
    It might be worth trying one of the ranges to see f they would give you some - the two that spring to mind are An Riocht just outside Tralee, and Irish Shooting sports in Knocknagoshel.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Whether enforced or not, it is not adviseable to encourage someone to break the law....least not a firearms law.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

goz83 wrote: »
    Whether enforced or not, it is not adviseable to encourage someone to break the law....least not a firearms law.

I didn’t. I told the OP to ask a range, who will be in a better position to know whether they are allowed to.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Whether it's stupid or not the law says any component part of ammunition is classed the same as a live round and therefore the person in possession of them MUST have a license for each caliber.

Any range giving these out would be in breach of the firearms act as much as any person on here or IRL doing the same. Of the couple of cases brought to court on this very matter i've not heard of anyone being sentenced for it, but the fact is they were brought to court in the first place.

Unless the OP has a license for the calibers being sought, its illegal to possess them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Can we close off this thread

• Advertisement
Advertisement