Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chopper activity this morning..

Options
  • 03-03-2018 8:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭

I'm in the Sally Gap/Manor Kilbride area and can hear chopper activity although we can't see anything....anybody know what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I understand it was a medical emergency. Well done and thanks to all crew and medical staff involved. Visibility was appalling at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MikeSoys

any pics of snow from the Dublin Mets, Sally gap....how much snow is up there now.?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

MikeSoys wrote: »
    any pics of snow from the Dublin Mets, Sally gap....how much snow is up there now.?

Too much to consider a visit! Drifts are anything from 2 metres upwards and roads won't be cleared for some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭Storm 10

That was Coastguard helicopter Rescue 116

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

Was one of the rescue helicopters

A good friend of mine in kilteel seen them one of his neighbours was airlifted from the winch

Have some photos/video will post later was very bad conditions at the time some excellent airmanship

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭faoiarvok

Bazzy wrote: »
    Was one of the rescue helicopters

A good friend of mine in kilteel seen them one of his neighbours was airlifted from the winch

Have some photos/video will post later was very bad conditions at the time some excellent airmanship

Should send them onto them on Facebook also, they like getting them to share out.

https://www.facebook.com/HelicopterRescue116/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

faoiarvok wrote: »
    Should send them onto them on Facebook also, they like getting them to share out.

https://www.facebook.com/HelicopterRescue116/

Will do in a very poor area for broadband/3g would be the rest of the day trying to get them up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Trebor176

R116 seems to be busy today. It passed over my house a few times, including just now en-route to Dublin Airport, presumably

Advertisement