If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo TXNR609 no sound

Options
  • 03-03-2018 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭

Hey

I guess I’ve been lucky to an extent in that the 609 I purchased from you a number of years ago has only developed the no sound issue recently. After a bit of searching I found that Onkyo had extended the cover for this under the below program:

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/customer-service-program-118747.html

Unfortunately according to that link the cover ended on the 31st December 2017 (the international Onkyo site seems to have updated this to Dec 18 but the UK site is still 17) but I went ahead and put in the details to see what my options where and got the option of money off a new receiver or “other”.

The problem I have is that it doesn’t state what the “Other” option is! When I select it I get asked for my details for them to ship me a box to send them the receiver but I’ve no idea if this means it still qualifies for the extended warranty repair or if I’m just committing to sending my box for repair with a cost of fixing it applicable.

Do you know if the hdmi failure is still covered by Onkyo at this point? If I have to pay for a repair I might be better off just going for a new receiver.

Thanks!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey

I guess I’ve been lucky to an extent in that the 609 I purchased from you a number of years ago has only developed the no sound issue recently.  After a bit of searching I found that Onkyo had extended the cover for this under the below program:

http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/customer-service-program-118747.html

Unfortunately according to that link the cover ended on the 31st December 2017 (the international Onkyo site seems to have updated this to Dec 18 but the UK site is still 17) but I went ahead and put in the details to see what my options where and got the option of money off a new receiver or “other”.

The problem I have is that it doesn’t state what the “Other” option is! When I select it I get asked for my details for them to ship me a box to send them the receiver but I’ve no idea if this means it still qualifies for the extended warranty repair or if I’m just committing to sending my box for repair with a cost of fixing it applicable.

Do you know if the hdmi failure is still covered by Onkyo at this point?  If I have to pay for a repair I might be better off just going for a new receiver.

Thanks!
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Northern Monkey,[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]From reading the website it looks as though the money off aspect has been extended but I can't find a definitive answer. If you give their customer care line a ring they'll be able to tell you exactly what's included:[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](+44) 0208 836 3510[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Let me know how you get on.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kind regards[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]David[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

Snipped by Mod

Thanks Spinone.

But I think the customer has already done that part of the process and was wondering what the "other"  option that Onkyo were offering was.

As this is ran via Onkyo it would be best for the customer to contact them directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Spinone

No problem at all ..

Spinone wrote: »
    No problem at all ..
    No worries Spinone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Snipped by Mod

Hi Ablelocks.

Again thanks for the info but I feel the customer still needs to get in contact with Onkyo himself to deal with this issue.

@ OP you may have already done this now over the last lot of days?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

All,

Please do not intervene on this thread any further - the Charter makes it clear that queries here are for Richersounds to answer, however helpful the intention pitching in here is not appropriate.

Thanks.

Ritz.

The Ritz wrote: »
    Mod Comment

All,

Please do not intervene on this thread any further - the Charter makes it clear that queries here are for Richersounds to answer, however helpful the intention pitching in here is not appropriate.

Thanks.

Ritz.
    Cheers The Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Northern Monkey

Apologies for the delay in providing an update. The receiver was collected on Monday and I just got an email saying it has been repaired and is going to be shipped back to me today. All free of charge so it looks like they are still honouring the repair.

• Advertisement

Apologies for the delay in providing an update. The receiver was collected on Monday and I just got an email saying it has been repaired and is going to be shipped back to me today. All free of charge so it looks like they are still honouring the repair.
    Thanks for the update Northern Monkey.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.