Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 30 Transfers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Yeah. I think so too. Gonna have to take it on the chin.

Raging because being conservative is not normally my game AND Mahrez has WBA next week.

Steaming all day because I had my finger on the button for a -4 for 30 minutes before deadline but the fact I had Daniels, I think, stopped me from hitting it.

These “good calls” even them selfs out in the end! You made the right call imo but hindsight is a great thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

#BHAARS POINTS AS IT STANDS

3 - Aubameyang
    2 - Murray
    1 - Gross

#FPL https://t.co/AtvGCoZc0Z

That’s absolutely ridiculous tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

looking for options to replace :
    Surman
    Kenny
    Long (Burnley)

ideally same price or less. I have chilwell , smalling and dunk in my defence already.

Thanks in advance

miller82 wrote: »
    Surman
    Kenny
    Long (Burnley)

ideally same price or less. I have chilwell , smalling and dunk in my defence already.

Thanks in advance

What’s your shortlist look like ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

What’s your shortlist look like ?

Gomez (would require waiting until GW31 and dumping kun for king
    Mariappa
    Alexander-Arnold

nothing really for surman, will possibly keep given the game in GW31

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sterling, stick or twist?

Hard to know what to do with 31 being do bare.

Gomez (would require waiting until GW31 and dumping kun for king
    Mariappa
    Alexander-Arnold

nothing really for surman, will possibly keep given the game in GW31

That LFC right back spot is a tough call. I’ve watched every minute of us this season and I wouldn’t know which one to buy.

Mariappa is a good call.

Would you double up on Leicester with Simpson ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

dahat wrote: »
    New around here?

No I come here often.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Runswithfeet

How would 7 starters in GW 31 sound?....have that at mo and Surman of Bournemouth who got a few mins as a sub yesterday.

Have Walcott who hasn’t done anything at all returns wise but hard to see who you could bring in for him from the GW31 teams who is a better option,current mf of Doucore,Shaquiri,Salah, Walcott,Surman and plenty of money in bank.

Anyone suggest an alternative for Walcott playing in GW31.
    TIA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

How would 7 starters in GW 31 sound?....have that at mo and Surman of Bournemouth who got a few mins as a sub yesterday.

Have Walcott who hasn’t done anything at all returns wise but hard to see who you could bring in for him from the GW31 teams who is a better option,current mf of Doucore,Shaquiri,Salah, Walcott,Surman and plenty of money in bank.

TIA.

Sigurdson the best player but you already have Everton cover so I'd say Pritchard for Huddersfield or Milivojevic for Palace. Picks are slim but I'd go with Pritchard. Good run of form for him and fixtures coming up.

• Advertisement

TIA.

Sigurdson the best player but you already have Everton cover so I'd say Pritchard for Huddersfield or Milivojevic for Palace. Picks are slim but I'd go with Pritchard. Good run of form for him and fixtures coming up.

Thanks Pritchard seems to be injured,Van Le Parra looks like next best option.How many players are people hoping to have for GW31?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

TIA.

3 Pool yes?
    How much is plenty?
    WC I do phoca?

Hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Surman
    Kenny
    Long (Burnley)

Thanks in advance

Hold Surman...

Wait for 2 FTs

Lowton or Stephens if you don't have a WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

dahat wrote: »
    Sterling, stick or twist?

Hard to know what to do with 31 being do bare.

Wasn't even on the bench yesterday - I may bin him for Walcott. I would probably do it the following GW anyway so at least gives me another starter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ElTel wrote: »
    How much is plenty?
    Depends if you have your wildcard to fix it afterwards. If you're team in GW32 is full of the awful teams playing in GW31 you're gonna needs a lot to fix it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

2 free transfers to use before free hit in 31.

Looking at Aubamengang and Willian in for Vardy and Eriksen.

Gives me about .6 extra to start getting my subs ready for 12 DGWers and 3 Liverpool in gameweek 34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

2 free transfers to use before free hit in 31.

Looking at Aubamengang and Willian in for Vardy and Eriksen.

Gives me about .6 extra to start getting my subs ready for 12 DGWers and 3 Liverpool in gameweek 34

Unless you really need the 0.6 I wouldn't do those transfers. Both Arsenal and Chelsea are a mess at the moment and both Vardy and Eriksen have nice fixtures this week.

Benimar wrote: »
    Unless you really need the 0.6 I wouldn't do those transfers. Both Arsenal and Chelsea are a mess at the moment and both Vardy and Eriksen have nice fixtures this week.

Absolutely agree about Chelsea and arsenal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

How would 7 starters in GW 31 sound

Unless you have a Wildcard left or are using a free hit anymore than 7 would be overkill considering the teams involved, myself I have 3 pool , 1 Bournemouth, 1 Everton, 1 Palace and 1 Stoke. And will be looking to dump 3 of then ASAP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Ramsey firmly on the chopping block for me. Might give him one more run with Watford at home. Seems the type of game they could bounce back in

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Ramsey firmly on the chopping block for me. Might give him one more run with Watford at home. Seems the type of game they could bounce back in

After Milan game on Thurs he might not even play if he’s carrying a niggle.

Yeah i considered that I’m in a bit of a bind - here’s my 15

Fabianski (Coleman)

Naughton Tarkowski Ward (Simpson Long)

Salah Mane Eriksen Mahrez McTominay

Kane Firmino Vardy

Have played my WC and going to play free hit next week so need to use my 2FT to get ready for bench boost in GW34 so need to upgrade those 3 in brackets - and having 11 out in GW35.

That’s what leads me to Auba - got a great run in and has games in GW35. But open to suggestions - who is dispensable in that squad and who would you be looking to get in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Yeah i considered that I’m in a bit of a bind - here’s my 15

Fabianski (Coleman)

Naughton Tarkowski Ward (Simpson Long)

Salah Mane Eriksen Mahrez McTominay

Kane Firmino Vardy

Have played my WC and going to play free hit next week so need to use my 2FT to get ready for bench boost in GW34 so need to upgrade those 3 in brackets - and having 11 out in GW35.

That’s what leads me to Auba - got a great run in and has games in GW35. But open to suggestions - who is dispensable in that squad and who would you be looking to get in?

From what I can see there are only 4 teams GUARANTEED to have a DGW34 and a game in GW35 - Arsenal, Burnley, Newcastle and West Ham. There could (and almost certainly will) be more once the Cup QFs are played.

Currently is it very tricky to bench boost in GW34 AND have 11 for GW35. Essentially it means:

DGW34 - 12DGWers and 3 Liverpool (probably)
    GW 35 - 2 FTs + 3 Liverpool + 6 who had a DGW34

Currently those 6 would need to come from Arsenal, Burnley, Newcastle or West Ham. Of those Arsenal have the best fixtures, but it can't be overstated how bad they are at the moment. At MOST I'd want one from each of the 4 teams, so until we know if other teams are playing in GW35, I think 9 players is probably the best you (and me) can do without a FH.

Just to note - Vardy will either have a game in GW35 or have a DGW34 AND 37. In GW36 he plays at Palace, while Aubameyang is at Old Trafford.

I think if you need to raise money it has to be Eriksen to Son (sideways but raises cash) or else Mahrez or Vardy to a less expensive option ie: not Aubameyang.

EDIT: Anyone with a GW35 will NOT have a DGW37, so that needs to be factored in too. Having too many GW35 players can lead to too few DGW37 ones.

ElTel wrote: »

TIA.

3 Pool yes?
    How much is plenty?
    WC I do phoca?

Hold.

Have Salah and Firmino....have 5m in bank,plan to use WC in GW 32 or 33.

From what I can see there are only 4 teams GUARANTEED to have a DGW34 and a game in GW35 - Arsenal, Burnley, Newcastle and West Ham. There could (and almost certainly will) be more once the Cup QFs are played.

Currently is it very tricky to bench boost in GW34 AND have 11 for GW35. Essentially it means:

DGW34 - 12DGWers and 3 Liverpool (probably)
    GW 35 - 2 FTs + 3 Liverpool + 6 who had a DGW34

Currently those 6 would need to come from Arsenal, Burnley, Newcastle or West Ham. Of those Arsenal have the best fixtures, but it can't be overstated how bad they are at the moment. At MOST I'd want one from each of the 4 teams, so until we know if other teams are playing in GW35, I think 9 players is probably the best you (and me) can do without a FH.

Just to note - Vardy will either have a game in GW35 or have a DGW34 AND 37. In GW36 he plays at Palace, while Aubameyang is at Old Trafford.

I think if you need to raise money it has to be Eriksen to Son (sideways but raises cash) or else Mahrez or Vardy to a less expensive option ie: not Aubameyang.

EDIT: Anyone with a GW35 will NOT have a DGW37, so that needs to be factored in too. Having too many GW35 players can lead to too few DGW37 ones.

Cheers that Son advice I’ll probably take - will give me the money to make a few more moves and then when it comes to GW34 I can weigh up fixtures/form and see if I wanna swap out any of my big guns for Auba etc

Thanks for the advice - will probably do Long to lowton as my other transfer - fancy Burnley to finish strong and as you mentioned the fixture list makes them an attractive proposition. Have always wanted to risk a treble defence - if it comes off it would be a major differential tactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2 FT this week, was planning Lingard to Walcott but might just do Elliott to Lossl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Have 2 FT this week, was planning Lingard to Walcott but might just do Elliott to Lossl

Elliot to Lossl for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Lads
    Taughts on Son to Walcott for next 2 game weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,010 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Really have to get Sterling out, losing so much value in him. Current Value is 8.7, yet my sale value is 8.2

Has to be someone who can play in 31 though...then i can WC out.

Sterling -> ??? 8.4m

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    Really have to get Sterling out, losing so much value in him. Current Value is 8.7, yet my sale value is 8.2

Has to be someone who can play in 31 though...then i can WC out.

Sterling -> ??? 8.4m
    Siggy

Advertisement