Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online gaming access

• 03-03-2018 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I wonder if you could assist in the following. I purchased the PS4 online gaming subscription under the admin main account on the PS4 - I dont play it my son does. I then opened FIFA and it connected online and it asked me to register an online handle etc.

I then switched the user to my sons account and launched FIFA online. I got the message "the account does not meet the minimum requirements"

Then it comes back with "you will not be able to use the online feature in fifa 18 unless you create an EA account. go to any area of the title and try again.

In the parental settings the game age for him is set to 12. When I launched it under my login it prompted me automatically to create an online account but when I launched him account it didnt just gave me that message. I thought when you purchase the online gaming it applies to all the user ID's under the main account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Once there is a PS+ account on the system, all users can play online, that's how it is for my PS4s.

It seems you need to create an EA account for your son, I'm guessing each player needs an EA account(no idea, don't play FIFA games).

I'm sure there is a prompt to set up an individual account somewhere.

Alternatively, let him use your account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

If no fife expect shows up who's familiar, maybe post some pictures of what your seeing/being asked for.

Most EA games have benefits from setting up an account with them but I didn't think any need you to.
    F1ngers wrote: »
    Once there is a PS+ account on the system, all users can play online, that's how it is for my PS4s.

It seems you need to create an EA account for our son, I'm guessing each player needs an EA account(no idea, don't play FIFA games).

I'm sure there is a prompt to set up an individual account somewhere.

Alternatively, let him use your account.

Plot thickens

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,382 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    Plot thickens

Fixed. :pac:

Advertisement