Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to disable Aritech alarm system

Options
  • 03-03-2018 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi, I've come to this forum from Google as it's the only place I've seen with Aritech alarm support.
    I've recently purchased a repossessed property, and we're looking to sort out the alarm system. As a repossession, we do not have any codes or information about the alarm. The only clue was the word 'Aritech' written on the little sensors by the doors and windows. Looks like all the downstairs doors and windows have sensors attached to them, and we have found a bundle of wires coming up from the floor in the main bedroom and up into the loft (pictures in album linked).
    There is an open box in the bathroom which was beeping when we found it, like a quiet alarm. We have since turned off the mains power to the alarm system through the fuse box which has stopped this beeping.
    Essentially we would like to completely remove all of these sensors, boxes, and wires in favour of getting a wireless alarm system put in place. We'll be replacing the doors when we can, so will have to be taking the sensors off the doors anyway. We just want to know if there's an easy way to get rid of these wires/sensors? We've been tempted to just cut the wires and unscrew the sensors, but don't want to trigger the main alarm!

Does anyone know what our best option would be? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Korosensei

Here is my album of photos imgur.com/a/R8vVO

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Looking at the mess that is there I'd say cutting the wires out would be your best option.
    If your looking at a a fully wireless alarm we find GSD i70 very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Korosensei

Cool, sounds good to me. What do you think the chances are of the alarm going off because I cut the wires?

Thanks for the recommendation too, I'll look into that!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Remove the mains fuse at the panel & disconnect the battery. At worst the external bell will sound for around 20 minutes and that's it.

Advertisement