Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan Repayment was taken even though loan account is at 0

Options
  • 03-03-2018 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I finished my loan term with final repayment at the start of feb. Some interest was added to the loan account after, which I paid and this brought the account to 0. The last time I had a loan and it was finished I was told BOI would close the account. However this hasn't happened this time and a further loan repayment has been made to the loan account. I really need this money back in my account by next weekend. Is this possible? And for the loan account to be closed and standing order ceased, what do I need to do on my side?

Have to say, it was unexpected to be €360 down when I checked my bank account today...

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi reap-a-rat,
    Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

Sorry to hear this happened. The amount taken should adjust back to your Current account automatically within five working days and you will receive a closing balance on your loan. If this doesn’t happen, please get in contact through our 365 Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option and an advisor will request this to be refunded.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Hi reap-a-rat,
    Thanks for getting in touch with us on Boards.

Sorry to hear this happened. The amount taken should adjust back to your Current account automatically within five working days and you will receive a closing balance on your loan. If this doesn’t happen, please get in contact through our 365 Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option and an advisor will request this to be refunded.

Please let us know if we can help with any other query.

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Indeed it seems the transaction has been reversed already so I have all the monies again :) Thanks for the response.

Cheers!

Advertisement