Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CUH Cork - Public or Private

Options
  • 03-03-2018 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I am expecting my First Child and they are twins and trying to understand wether to go public or private.

I have private health insurance but don't think the Consultants are covered under it.

Any Advise and if private is the way to go - iis there recommended consultants.

Regards
    Damien

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

DamoCork wrote: »
    I am expecting my First Child and they are twins and trying to understand wether to go public or private.

I have private health insurance but don't think the Consultants are covered under it.

Any Advise and if private is the way to go - iis there recommended consultants.

Regards
    Damien

Hi Damien,

I’m going private in Cork and going with Prof Greene. He was recommended to me by other doctors and also by others here.

I have quiet a colourful medical history so was advised by GP and doctors in the family to go privately. Not sure what your wife/partners medical history but that’s just my own experience.

This is my first baby so can’t really advise much else. Sorry I can’t be of much help!

Edit: the fees are 3k but my health insurance gives back 400 I think and you can claim back 20% of the balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DamoCork

thanks any where is prof greene based

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

DamoCork wrote: »
    thanks any where is prof greene based

CUMH. And he has his private clinic of the grounds of CUH

thanks awny for your help good luck !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Icsics

If it’s twins Damo would it be ‘high risk’? I went private with first & was ‘high risk’ on second, roughly I found the care the same. Keelin O’Donoghe is brilliant if ur private & she was in charge of high risk clinic too. Congrats v exciting!

• Advertisement

awny wrote: »
    Hi Damien,

I’m going private in Cork and going with Prof Greene. He was recommended to me by other doctors and also by others here.

I have quiet a colourful medical history so was advised by GP and doctors in the family to go privately. Not sure what your wife/partners medical history but that’s just my own experience.

This is my first baby so can’t really advise much else. Sorry I can’t be of much help!

Edit: the fees are 3k but my health insurance gives back 400 I think and you can claim back 20% of the balance.

How did you find prof green is he good ?

Advertisement