Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Out in Cork tonight

Options
  • 03-03-2018 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭

What do we think?

Few of us considering heading for pints, cabin fever has hit badly but can't decide if we'll have any chance of getting a taxi to say Bishopstown/Ballincollig afterwards with all the snow that's still lying.

Anybody any insider info on what's running out there??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    What do we think?

Few of us considering heading for pints, cabin fever has hit badly but can't decide if we'll have any chance of getting a taxi to say Bishopstown/Ballincollig afterwards with all the snow that's still lying.

Anybody any insider info on what's running out there??

Yerra, the roads are grand unless it freezes. Not sure what the score is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

mordeith wrote: »
    Yerra, the roads are grand unless it freezes. Not sure what the score is there.

Yeah just went out for a look, it's Baltic and wet. and a few of the lads are still stuck up the hills. Called it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Plenty of pubs open but yeah, taxis might be scarce. Although if I was a taxi driver I'd be out combing the streets for stranded people. I'd be a millionaire tomorrow morning.

Plenty of pubs open but yeah, taxis might be scarce. Although if I was a taxi driver I'd be out combing the streets for stranded people. I'd be a millionaire tomorrow morning.

Yes until someone asks you to go to the top of church Hill in Passage / back road Rochestown / cooneys Lane / airport, and you can't get there I suppose. I'm wrecked now so it's time for bed...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

My local was busier than I've ever seen it over the last few days.

• Advertisement

My local was busier than I've ever seen it over the last few days.

So was mine! One of them was absolutely jammed, especially Thursday. It was great craic

Advertisement