Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itek action camera

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

vektarman wrote: »
    Has anyone used one of these? I was thinking of buying one in Lidl on Monday.

https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offers.htm?articleId=7546
    Worth a punt for the price. I expect it's a Chinese knock off. I don't see any holders or accessories mentioned with it. I have a similar one I got from China and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

johnayo wrote: »
    Worth a punt for the price. I expect it's a Chinese knock off. I don't see any holders or accessories mentioned with it. I have a similar one I got from China and it works fine.
    Lidl wrote:
    Includes waterproof case, clip & handle-bar mount for versatility

As you say, probably a knock off, but at the same time the mount looks largely like the standard GoPro one (two/three interleaving splines, and a sidescrew), so if that is actually the case, there's plenty of spurious options for mounts.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just to be clear, Lidl are not going to be knowingly selling any knock-offs, and there are other retailers with this at a discount

Just looked up Itek, as I think they do some reasonably high level astrophotography products. It seems to be, certainly originally, a US brand, although that may have been sold to a far east manufacturer. That does not make it a knock off though even if they have tried to make it somewhat Go Pro like!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

That looks like a decent one. I've had several variations of knock off action cams none have been as good as a go pro but the SJcam probably comes closest and sure they're selling knock offs of that.

The reason I say it looks decent is that it has a nice wide aperture and usually the crap cheap ones have a tiny lens angle making the field of view very narrow,

Worth a punt for €35 there's a plethora of mounts for buttons on aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭cython

Take the RRP with a pinch of salt, looks like the same thing can be ordered for in-store collection with DID for €34: https://www.did.ie/itek-waterproof-1080p-action-camera-black-i67002-i67002-prd (use code FLASH for 15% off, and in-store collection is free).

Given Lidl may have a run on them, this might actually be a surer way of getting one also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

These cameras have been for sale for years now, the original was an SJCAM SJ4000. They just get rebranded again and again and have appeared in lidl/aldi before. It's hard to know what the quality is like as it is possible that the internals have changed. Not much to lose at that price I guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Bought 1 this morning. Various holders come in the box with it. They're in the office - you have to ask for them. No rush on them as of yet anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The last camera from Lidl was a clone of the Cycliq housing with old 2010 camera components inside.

I wouldnt bother, you really dont get anything worthwhile below €60-80.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭roadster5

Id be interested in taking a punt on one of these if it was any good ?

Advertisement