Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society Dromoland Golf Club-March 24th-11:40am

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Enjoyed most of the round but enjoyed all of the company on Saturday, always a pleasure to play with some very very capable golfers in Space and BallyK and with our new member, all of who are also very decent, sound guys.

My golf was streaky again, started and finished ok but middle of my round I had 6 terrible holes which ruined my card. I don't know how i was scoring on the front 9 as i wasn't making many putts. Fatigue is a big thing with me since i got sick a few weeks ago but thankfully its getting better. Hopefully won't be a long term issue.

Not the best of a drive on my first, went a whopping 133 yards!! Left my second short and went to the back of the green with my third only to sink the downhill putt for the par - the only one that went in all day. Made a mess of the second for a 6 and 4 putted the third :(
    Went great for the next 4 and then the bad putting came back, on the 9th I was on the green in 2, 12 foot from the hole - and walked off with a 6. Very frustrating. Couldn't let it go and put a ball into the water on the 10th. I didn't get going again until the 14th and finished with a couple of bogies on the much better back 9 greens. 21% fairways / 12% GIR and average of 2 putts per hole sums up my day!

Its a great course but it loses a little charm for a few holes up near the Inn (4,5, & 6) but then reclaims itself and finishes absolutely beautifully. One I definitely want to play again but doubt we'll get it anyway near the deal the lads got for us, fair play. Some fantastic views, especially the 7th looking down on the lake / hotel and a all around the lake is a beautiful setting.

Roll on Douglas and hopefully some form will return.

Advertisement