Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand equipment warranty

Options
  • 03-03-2018 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I bought a second hand commercial dishwasher April 2017. It came with a 6 month warranty from the supplier. An engineer has revisited on several occasions to fix similar issues since first purchased. I have call-out texts which I sent in 2017: July x 2 call outs, September, October & January 2018.There was one occasion where the fault was down to us causing a block in the drain in October & this call out was paid for, but others were machine electronic failures.
    So at this stage I'm fed up of the issues & have been waiting since mid January for the latest issue to be resolved (4 texts & still no engineer despite replies acknowleding faults!)
    I've suggested to the company I purchased it from that the machine has been trouble since day one & should be replaced but they claim too much time has passed.
    Do I have any legal angle to impress on them or recourse with regard to getting it replaced or a full/partial refund on the purchase price?

Thanks, T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,018 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Commercial?

Consumer legislation explicitly doesn't apply to business purchases. You're in to contract law and we would have to tell you to get legal advice from a professional there.

Advertisement