Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think the rabbits at Dunkettle Roundabout are ok?

Options
  • 03-03-2018 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

Three days trapped in their burrows. Poor crayturs. I hope they survived!

Are there any animal experts here that can hopefully say "well actulleh, rabbits can survive snow because X, Y and Z."

I'm guessing they're eating the snow to keep hydrated, and will be out and about by Monday. Just a bit skinnier.

Comments

Not familiar with the area, but rabbits tend to burrow below freezing point so they're not actually freezing themselves. Plus they huddle together for warmth if necessary too.

Im sure the snow provided plenty of hydration.

Id say theyre fine in general but again im not familiar with the Dunkettle Roundabout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

They are tasty!I live not too far from there and the local supermarket is closed,so it was rabbit stew yesterday and today.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've seen them when I pass and they must be the biggest non=pet rabbits ive seen in my life.

I suppose with no predators getting to them they were always going to be bloody huge. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I've seen them when I pass and they must be the biggest non=pet rabbits ive seen in my life.

I suppose with no predators getting to them they were always going to be bloody huge. :o

Norrie rabbits

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Three days trapped in their burrows. Poor crayturs. I hope they survived!

The rabbit maternity ward will be full.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

I hope someone told them not to eat yellow snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

johnayo wrote: »
    I hope someone told them not to eat yellow snow.

Their so chubby cos the eat all the raisins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭CZ 453

There's a chap catches them and straps saddles on their backs. He glues dolls then to the saddles and they can't get into the burrows.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

It's amazing that I've never noticed them until today.
    And today passing the kids spotted them and it reminded me of this thread

They looked fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

They seemed to be having great craic chasing one another around last night anyway!

Advertisement