Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters at UCC ?

• 04-03-2018 1:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

Well Lads,

Im considering doing a masters at UCC however it says on their website one will only be considered for a postgrad course if they have a minimum 2:1 degree.
    Does anyone know how strict they are on this ? Would I be wasting my time applying? (I fell short of the 2:1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

splashuum wrote: »
    Well Lads,

Im considering doing a masters at UCC however it says on their website one will only be considered for a postgrad course if they have a minimum 2:1 degree.
    Does anyone know how strict they are on this ? Would I be wasting my time applying? (I fell short of the 2:1)

They may take exceptional candidates into consideration depending on experience elsewhere and/or volunteer work. Essentially, you may be able to make up for your 2.2 with other good stuff.

Well worth a shot, I did a Masters at UCC and couldn't praise it or the university enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Have you relevant work experience in the area of your masters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,740 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah, worth a try. With a 2:2, you'll have to focus on convincing the relevant Dept. Graduate of same but never went to Masters.
    Ha, watching Lewis, in Oxford here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭iLaura

splashuum wrote: »
    Well Lads,

A girl in my Masters only had a 2:2, and still got in without having any work experience in the topics related to the masters, only her FYP. She didn't find out until maybe the week before, due to prioritizing those who met the criteria first, but still managed to get in fine.

Advertisement