Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suspender/Brace Colour Options

• 04-03-2018 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hey guys, toying with the idea of going with suspenders rather than a belt for an upcoming wedding but I'm stumped on colour.

Suit is navy, light blue shirt, purple tie, brown shoes. I'll throw up a pic tomorrow if needs be.

So I know the leather parts should match the shoes so brown but I dunno whether to match or contrast the suspender. Lining of the suit is green so maybe go with that? I'm useless at visualising colours in my head!!!

Anyone any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Thought 'Brace' in title was a typo... disappointed.

Have you worn braces before?. Your shirt will be constantly riding up, unless the waistband is very loose.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭gaza4

Esel wrote: »
    Thought 'Brace' in title was a typo... disappointed.

Have you worn braces before?. Your shirt will be constantly riding up, unless the waistband is very loose.

Not sure what you mean about the typo...

Haven't worn braces before but the shirt and trousers are a good fit. Going for the aesthetic more so over the function

Here's a few pics of what I have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I think navy would be best here.

Braces / suspenders should only be worn with trousers that have no belt loops. Best if the trousers are higher waisted. If it's just a regular pair of suit trousers it's not going to work too well.

You should wear the button ones rather than the ones with clips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭Esel

gaza4 wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean about the typo...

Haven't worn braces before but the shirt and trousers are a good fit. Going for the aesthetic more so over the function

Suspenders/Bra :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,456 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Esel wrote: »
    Suspenders/Bra :)

lol. I am sure he loves that suggestion hehe lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I’d go with something that will look good with out your suit jacket on, because that’s when they become a focal point. Plain navy would work well. I would recommend getting buttons put on for button braces (buttons inside the waistband) rather than clip-on because they’ll hold better and look better.

so thats 2 votes for navy. my only concern here is that i would end up with a different shade of navy to the rest of the suit. i'm limited on time and money so ordering online is my best option, making a perfect colour match next to impossible

i am planning on getting buttons put on to the inside of the trousers too

Advertisement