Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2018 Babies

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Girls, it's like being a mother to small kids and people telling you (usually mid-tantrum) to enjoy these years.....yeah like, they are great and fun and lovely while they are small....but jesus, it is hard bloody work with endless repetitions of feeding/wiping/trying to get to sleep/spending hours standing in freezing playgrounds/having the same conversations over and over.....we're allowed think it's tough too and we're allowed to feel sh$t/frustrated/fed up at times too.Can't ve delightfully happy about everything all the time, specially something as intrusive as the last few weeks of pregnancy, and especially when you have a lot on your plate like you guys do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Ah totally Shesty, it’s a bit draining listening to it!! I adore my kids, however I fully admit I don’t adore their behaviour sometimes.... totally normal behaviour but I don’t enjoy it! In the next breath these people are gleefully warning you about the teenage years, apparently teenage girls are mutants?!!!

Betsie now that is a silver lining, if it does come to a section! I have left responsibility in that department to my husband. He is needing no encouragement however, he’d drive himself to the clinic haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Digs wrote: »
    Ah totally Shesty, it’s a bit draining listening to it!! I adore my kids, however I fully admit I don’t adore their behaviour sometimes.... totally normal behaviour but I don’t enjoy it! In the next breath these people are gleefully warning you about the teenage years, apparently teenage girls are mutants?!!!

Betsie now that is a silver lining, if it does come to a section! I have left responsibility in that department to my husband. He is needing no encouragement however, he’d drive himself to the clinic haha.

Hubby is a bit too chicken to get it done he is a bit terrified after looking it up online haha ,

Betsie when is the scan to check babies position? Good luck!! You’re almost at the finish line now :) I’ll be left here chattin to myself haha.

The pressure I’m feeling is unreal, I’m taking baby steps for fear this child will drop out of me, I hate this feeling!! I had a bath last night, used Epsom salts that have a lavender scent in them. Like a new woman now, it was amazing, really helped with the aches and swelling, even if I did need help getting out..... the glamour :/

Scan is Tuesday afternoon, fingers and toes crossed......

Don't worry I'll still be checking up on you X

That bath sounds like heaven, I couldn't even lift my leg to get into it id say, I was only saying to hubby can't wait for a bath after baby XX

Babydoll hope things are going well for you

• Advertisement

Betsie I hope the scan today shows some movement, have everything crossed for you!

I am unable to adult the last few days, I mean I am and I have to..... I just don’t want to :(

Betsie I hope the scan today shows some movement, have everything crossed for you!

I am unable to adult the last few days, I mean I am and I have to..... I just don’t want to :(

Baby had turned woohoo head down ready for out thank god, I was so delighted today

Ah that’s brilliant! Delighted baby moved for you. One less thing to worry about!

I'm delighted digs really am back to the hospital in 2weeks if I haven't gone in by then X

How are you feeling X

I’m really delighted for you! Hopefully you don’t have a long wait.

Feeling really crappy here, just a really bad week where everything and everyone is at me. So weepy and emotional which to be fair I’d mostly escaped so far. The losec is working on the heartburn but I’m at the stage I’m afraid to eat as my indigestion is still crap. Night after night in pain with trapped wind etc
    I Definitely have restless legs, painful Braxton hicks and the rest of it.

I just really really would love to be left alone to sleep for 24hrs. I’m wrecked. I know the fog will lift soon but for now I just feel like crap.

You’ll be sorry you asked now haha! Hope you’re doing better then me!

• Advertisement

I’m really delighted for you! Hopefully you don’t have a long wait.

Feeling really crappy here, just a really bad week where everything and everyone is at me. So weepy and emotional which to be fair I’d mostly escaped so far. The losec is working on the heartburn but I’m at the stage I’m afraid to eat as my indigestion is still crap. Night after night in pain with trapped wind etc
    I Definitely have restless legs, painful Braxton hicks and the rest of it.

I just really really would love to be left alone to sleep for 24hrs. I’m wrecked. I know the fog will lift soon but for now I just feel like crap.

You’ll be sorry you asked now haha! Hope you’re doing better then me!

Haha I'll never ask again , only joking

I'm withered, my children god I love them to bits but i would actually pay for someone to take them off my hands for 24hrs it's just the constant mammy mammy mammy, I want my bed surrounded by food and movies and sleep X

As for Braxton Hicks they are so uncomfortable the last few days X I'm ready for it all to be over now X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

Baby had turned woohoo head down ready for out thank god, I was so delighted today

Bestie, that's great news! You must be so relieved.. Sorry I've not been on much I'm in a cycle of pumping, feeding and sterilizing, 3 hour feeds don't leave much time for anything else.. she is doing great though, just a bit too small for full breastfeeding hence the pumping..exhausting!!
    I'm also growing concerned that all the bottle feeds will put her off the breastfeeding. She seems to be reluctant to latch now, it's a constant juggle.. Hopefully you ladies will have your little bundles soon..

BABYDOLL wrote: »
    Bestie, that's great news! You must be so relieved.. Sorry I've not been on much I'm in a cycle of pumping, feeding and sterilizing, 3 hour feeds don't leave much time for anything else.. she is doing great though, just a bit too small for full breastfeeding hence the pumping..exhausting!!
    I'm also growing concerned that all the bottle feeds will put her off the breastfeeding. She seems to be reluctant to latch now, it's a constant juggle.. Hopefully you ladies will have your little bundles soon..

I'm over the moon babydoll
    Glad you and baby are doing well , feeding takes time to sort itself out it will X eventually x

Babydoll the pumping in my opinion is so much harder then bottle or breastfeeding. I had to do it for a bit on my first and you have to feed, settle the baby, then pump and then by the time you’re done baby is ready for the next feed! It’s no joke! You must be exhausted, well done you, I hope you’re partner is minding you!! I’m not sure what hospital you’re with but most have a lactation team and clinics, so do some of the public health clinics so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’re worried about the latch and nipple confusion. I know Holles Street has a clinic every Thursday 9:30-12:30

Betsie I think I’m out the other side of my funk haha. Much much brighter today thank feck. I didn’t want to murder everyone on sight, woohoo!!

I took the two ladies into my bed this afternoon with an iPad between them and I had a lovely snooze for an hour. They drive me up the walls half the day but they are far and away my favourite people to have an afternoon snooze with :)

Betsie I think I’m out the other side of my funk haha. Much much brighter today thank feck. I didn’t want to murder everyone on sight, woohoo!!

I took the two ladies into my bed this afternoon with an iPad between them and I had a lovely snooze for an hour. They drive me up the walls half the day but they are far and away my favourite people to have an afternoon snooze with :)

Glad your feeling better digs,

I hear you on the kids driving you up the walls mine so every day at the moment but by God I love them so much ..

The girls from work took me out to dinner last night, it was lovely except I wore heals now I'm crippled and I'm exhausted haha the joys....

Well fair play to you!! You’re a better woman then I am making it out in heels. Lovely to be made a fuss off.

I had a little trip to Holles Street last night. My first one ever outside of appointments and my labours!! Seems I have a puppps rash which is less then ideal but they told me to come in to get checked out. On the trace for over an hour as it seems I have an acrobat who was moving non stop and the heartbeat was up and down like a yoyo. All good though. Bloods show low iron which explains why I feel like the back end of a bus.

Had such a laugh with the midwives though. Lovely girls. One told me she would put money on me having a baby by 40 weeks in her professional opinion. So I have her name and will track her down if she’s wrong :D:D

Well fair play to you!! You’re a better woman then I am making it out in heels. Lovely to be made a fuss off.

I had a little trip to Holles Street last night. My first one ever outside of appointments and my labours!! Seems I have a puppps rash which is less then ideal but they told me to come in to get checked out. On the trace for over an hour as it seems I have an acrobat who was moving non stop and the heartbeat was up and down like a yoyo. All good though. Bloods show low iron which explains why I feel like the back end of a bus.

Had such a laugh with the midwives though. Lovely girls. One told me she would put money on me having a baby by 40 weeks in her professional opinion. So I have her name and will track her down if she’s wrong :D:D

I hope for that girls sake she is right :D:D I had the pupps Rash on my 2nd it's not nice at all, your little I've sounds like mine never stops moving and jumping around the place, at the scan the Dr couldn't get a good look at the heart for ages I was laughing he wasn't too impressed....

I'm paying for wearing heals last night today feet are like balloons and my back is killing me they won't be in again till Christmas if even id say x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

Babydoll the pumping in my opinion is so much harder then bottle or breastfeeding. I had to do it for a bit on my first and you have to feed, settle the baby, then pump and then by the time you’re done baby is ready for the next feed! It’s no joke! You must be exhausted, well done you, I hope you’re partner is minding you!! I’m not sure what hospital you’re with but most have a lactation team and clinics, so do some of the public health clinics so don’t hesitate to get in touch if you’re worried about the latch and nipple confusion. I know Holles Street has a clinic every Thursday 9:30-12:30

Thanks Digs, I spoke to the health nurse and she said it was normal and to keep trying the breast at the start of every feed unless she is too tired.. Yes I will try to get to a group once I'm back driving, at the moment the most I can manage is a quick walk between feeds..

I had a great PHN who helped me a lot through breastfeeding babydoll so hopefully yours will be a good support.

Betsie did the pupps disappear after birth for you? I’m glad it’s nothing dangerous but can’t help but feel miserable at this stage, it feels like it’s adding insult to injury. I hadn’t a stretch mark to my name
    on the other two but have a few this time so feel it must be connected. I have no hope for my stomach after this baby! Had a bath earlier which helped soothe it anyway so there’s something. The doctor said I could take piriton but don’t like the sound of the effect on the baby so will try power through.

• Advertisement

I had a great PHN who helped me a lot through breastfeeding babydoll so hopefully yours will be a good support.

Betsie did the pupps disappear after birth for you? I’m glad it’s nothing dangerous but can’t help but feel miserable at this stage, it feels like it’s adding insult to injury. I hadn’t a stretch mark to my name
    on the other two but have a few this time so feel it must be connected. I have no hope for my stomach after this baby! Had a bath earlier which helped soothe it anyway so there’s something. The doctor said I could take piriton but don’t like the sound of the effect on the baby so will try power through.

I have a few scars from the pupps from where I scratched too much but other then them yeah it did disappear after had the baby

https://www.everymum.ie/pregnancy/health-and-well-being/what-is-pupps/
    This article popped up on my Facebook this morning thought of you X

Thanks for that Betsie! I’m laughing here as it says women carrying boys are more likely to get it. While I was on the trace the other night the babies heartbeat was really high so I said to her isn’t it right the old tale is high hb = girl and she kind of winked and said yes, IF you believe in that sort of thing haha. That was also my first ever trace, I’d read about them and can see now why they would be extremely uncomfortable for someone during labour.

I had them on ruby and my labour was awful with her so I didn't really notice them too much

Did you ever look up the Chinese prediction calendar? Mine had been right on they every time so far anyway will know soon enough if it's a full house haha

The Chinese predictor is funny!! On my first I think she was actually conceived on my birthday so I’m not sure if it was pre 12am or post which is way too much information but as a result I get two different answers haha! This time I’ve seen two different calendars too and one is telling me boy, one girl. It was right for my second girl. Have you looked it up for this one? I’ve my poor husband driven mad with all the old wives tales I think but deep down am convinced it’s a girl so I’m pretty excited.

I’d imagine the trace during contractions is not fun at all but I’ve never had an epidural either so that clouds my judgement about the comfort of being on my back at all during labour!

By the way I think I’ve said it before but Ruby is just the cutest name. All imagine a girl full of devilment!

The calendar says a boy this time round so we will see if it's right soon enough :):)

By the way I think I’ve said it before but Ruby is just the cutest name. All imagine a girl full of devilment!

This is Ruby to an absolute t full of devilment, drives me Cuckoo most days but wouldn't change her one bit x

Having some amount of period like cramping and back pain since yesterday evening. If I am in for weeks of prodromal labour I will scream!!!!!!

My dog is driving me up the walls too. He has always been “my” dog but lately I can’t go to the bathroom without him following me and he spends his days just sitting there staring at me. It’s bizarre! Poor chap must be totally on edge.

Poor dog knows what is ahead of him I suppose, my dog is depressed, must be the thought of another child coming in to admit her some more haha X

I'm withered from BH the last few days, I have totally reached my limit, I'm done really done, done, done, done haha x

Haha I think there’s a bit of that too. Poor dog is wondering if I’ve lost my marbles, he gets zero peace as it is.

I am out tonight, didn’t quite make heels but have converse on..... the glamour! Beats the slip on sketchers anyway. We won’t go into how long I sat on the side of the bed to get them on though :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Maybe he knows something will happen quite soon Digs? I hear animals tend to sense these things....:eek: You're giving me bad memories here, hope you are both out of your misery soon!

Thanks shesty

Hope you had a nice night digs, I have often give out in converse not pregnant wouldn't worry about that 😂

To be honest I generally live in converse, the effort of laces is far too much lately so I was really pushing the boat out last night. Home by 10pm and my husband said the dog spent the couple of hours whinging by the window. He is completely wound up! I had such intense pressure and movement last night, felt like my waters were going to explode at any second. I remember it well on my other two, horrible feeling!!

Shesty I feel like in reality these weeks fly when you look back on them and in a month or two I’ll be whinging about never doing it again but right now I just want this baby here safe and my body back to myself!!

I hear ya.Remember it well.
    I'm telling you, that dog knows something!

I feel like that tonight digs baby moving crazy and I feel like waters could go any second

Shesty the dog knows how to wind me up is what he knows :D

I’ve spent the day freaking out. NOT like me. I’m just looking around my house and at my two kids and thinking where am I going to put this little person?? And their stuff??? And I have two hands which perfectly fit two kids. What do I do in a few short weeks? Grow another hand?!!

Doesn’t help we’re going away for the weekend and I’ve been packing and thinking yet again how do I pack for 3 kids???

Also the dog just has us on edge and it doesn’t help the GP and midwife on Monday told me I “have the colour of someone who isn’t too far from labour” - whatever the hell that means. I’ve gone too overdue on two too many kids to believe any of that stuff but I am questioning the 3hr car journey this weekend haha!

• Advertisement

What colour does someone have not long before labor? Be interested to know haha

Digs, about six days before I went on this guy, a woman in a shop told me I had the "mask" and I would go soon.I have never heard that before, she meant somethin similar.I had pigmentation on my face during my first pregnancy, I went a lovely tanned shade of brown-on my face only! and although I didn't get that on the other to
    two, there was definitely a pigmentation to my skin towards the end on him, which I put down to the sun!I was a day overdue then, and the consultant I saw for the appointment the following week booked me for an induction but told me with certainty (and the person on the phone that he booked with) I'd go myself-and I did that night.
    There must be some look we get towards the very end!

Now that’s interesting Shesty! Although you sound like you had a glow Im missing. If I were to guess I’d think she was referring to the pale shade of grey I’ve been sporting lately. To add insult to injury I’ve broken out on my face this weekend too. Nose and lips are properly swollen now too. I don’t do well in the last few weeks although I’d hoped the swelling wouldn’t be as bad this time as my two summer babies. Turns out I’m just a sweller!

No west of Ireland baby for me anyway thank god. I spent most of the wee hours of Saturday morning questioning my sanity on going away as I endured wicked period pains, back pain going into my thighs etc. Wondering would Castlebar or Sligo be closer (there was a minute in the difference)!! All intense pains wore off more or less anyway and normal service has resumed. Have a feeling I’m in for a rough few weeks.

Definitely no glow!!!I had about three hours sleep that night, that was probably more it!

Well I'm still here back in the hospital next Tuesday to go on monitor and sweep and will go from there, they won't be letting me go over as baby is big so at least I know for definite by the end of next week I'll have baby in my arms

• Advertisement

Ahhh Betsie no way!! I’m dying to be able to say that. It’ll all be over soon for you, woohoo!!
    Were your others big? Mine have been 9lbs9 and 9lbs3, although at 2 weeks over its no surprise.

Andrew my 2016 baby was 10lb my 2 girls were 6lb 14oz and 7lb 11.5oz

It won't be long digs and you will be there too and we will have our babies xx

10lbs is a great size alright! I’ve been told mine were under the threshold to be classed as “big”, it seems 10lbs is the magic number alright! Maybe you’ve another boy on the way Betsie, nice even numbers!!

Can’t believe it’s November tomorrow alright. It has flown in ways but I still can’t wrap my head around the fact we’ll have another person in the house soon, such a surreal feeling no matter what number you’re on!

It makes me think more that it is a boy will find out soon enough

I need to stay pregnant for another little while I have a sinus infection can't breath through my nose at all need to get better soon,

I can't believe it's November tomorrow scary in a way x

It's November woohoo we made it !!!!

Oh Betsie if I could do a happy dance I would!!!! Sounds like a good month to have a baby :D

I hope the sinus infection fecks off soon :(

Oh Betsie if I could do a happy dance I would!!!! Sounds like a good month to have a baby :D

I hope the sinus infection fecks off soon :(

I real hope so too I can't even enjoy my coffee this morning and by God I need it was up half the night everything and everyone was annoying me upstairs,

I real hope so too I can't even enjoy my coffee this morning and by God I need it was up half the night everything and everyone was annoying me upstairs,

Mine are driving me batty too!! I’m stuck between enjoying mid term break because I don’t have to get up and out for the school run and counting down the minutes until school is back. She is going crazy being off and taking us all with her!!

Mine are driving me batty too!! I’m stuck between enjoying mid term break because I don’t have to get up and out for the school run and counting down the minutes until school is back. She is going crazy being off and taking us all with her!!

Oh I hear you, today was the 1st day that we didn't have anything to do thankfully, kids are drive me crazy but I don't care I have the fire lighting since about 2i even put on movie for the kids and I had 40 winks x

• Advertisement
Advertisement