Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2018 Babies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

How are you doing digs X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

How are you doing digs X

Still here! Rotten week. Had a trip to Holles Street, seemed to have an infection. My pulse was sky high, babies heart rate was up at 200 etc All calmed and is fine again. I seem to have developed this anxiety about going into labour at home and my two kids watching me give birth so going to have a frank conversation at my apt tomorrow and put a plan in place. Another fast labour doesn’t scare me, it’s the beforehand and not knowing that is driving me nuts.

Apart from that I’m having night after night of prodromal labour. So much pain. I’m exhausted but bed is so uncomfortable and I need help getting out of it. Really really hoping baby arrives soon, aside from anything else I want to get back to being a Mam to my other two.

How is baby Abi doing? Are you feeling any better yourself?

Digs I used feel like that j was so worried about going into labour and being on my own with the others and hubby 40 minutes away at work anyone to watch the lads would of been about half hour away then 40 minute drive to hospital, I was terrified of having baby in the car on the way down. So as soon as my consultant said to me that he felt baby was big I asked for induction so I would know and I felt so much better about everything then, I was induced the following morning so at least I had a plan in place the kids were sorted etc so I could relax a bit more XX hope you can get some form of a plan in place tomorrow X

We are doing good here Abi is finding here feet here and slowly fitting in her big brother is not at all impressed with her or me, he won't come near me and I'm home a week today X I know myself though that once hubby goes back to work it will all sort itself out .... Hopefully ..... I had forgotten how bad sleep deprivation could be though x

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Nothing stirring here either.
    Had pains again at the bottom of the bump bit they went after a half hour or so. They didn't do the sweep after all last week. Appointment on Tuesday Eve and they will give me a date for induction then.

Seems like a life time ago since the last appointment. Time is slowing down .... I'm convinced of it. Everyone is on edge waiting for the arrival. They are nearly making me anxious rather than putting me at ease, though I know they only mean well.

Best of luck to all in waiting and to the new mother's too. Hopefully we will be amongst your numbers soon.

Happy Sunday.

It’s comforting to know I’m not alone in these thoughts thanks Betsie. They’ve been so much worse this time, I feel like I don’t know my arse from my elbow!! To be fair my consultant has been on my side and reassuring so I’ll know more tomorrow. If the sweep doesn’t work we’ll talk induction. I’ve just known from the start I am not going to 42 weeks for a third time.

Poor Andrew! I’m wondering a lot how my little lady is going to get on, get very emotional just looking at her, she hasn’t a clue what’s ahead. I know the 5yr old will love it, she’s so excited but the 2 yr old has had so much time with me since day 1 I’m expecting her to be a bit put out.

I hope it all settles for you soon. Sometimes it does take getting your husband out from under your feet to get into the swing of things!! Although I feel this time I’ll be in a heap when mine goes back to work.

Good luck to all November Mams in waiting keeping an eye on this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

Yeah getting on good starting to physically feel better today which is great, I'm dreading the school run again haha can't imagine how I'm going to get 4out the door in the mornings I know once I do it once I'll be grand just the thoughts of it haha

Yes it gets easier I was on rugby run this morning too!!

Nothing stirring here either.
    Had pains again at the bottom of the bump bit they went after a half hour or so. They didn't do the sweep after all last week. Appointment on Tuesday Eve and they will give me a date for induction then.

Seems like a life time ago since the last appointment. Time is slowing down .... I'm convinced of it. Everyone is on edge waiting for the arrival. They are nearly making me anxious rather than putting me at ease, though I know they only mean well.

Best of luck to all in waiting and to the new mother's too. Hopefully we will be amongst your numbers soon.

Happy Sunday.

Best of luck for Tuesday, you never know what might happen in the mean time x
    Digs wrote: »
    It’s comforting to know I’m not alone in these thoughts thanks Betsie. They’ve been so much worse this time, I feel like I don’t know my arse from my elbow!! To be fair my consultant has been on my side and reassuring so I’ll know more tomorrow. If the sweep doesn’t work we’ll talk induction. I’ve just known from the start I am not going to 42 weeks for a third time.

Poor Andrew! I’m wondering a lot how my little lady is going to get on, get very emotional just looking at her, she hasn’t a clue what’s ahead. I know the 5yr old will love it, she’s so excited but the 2 yr old has had so much time with me since day 1 I’m expecting her to be a bit put out.

I hope it all settles for you soon. Sometimes it does take getting your husband out from under your feet to get into the swing of things!! Although I feel this time I’ll be in a heap when mine goes back to work.

Good luck to all November Mams in waiting keeping an eye on this thread!

Digs once you have a plan you will relax a little bit, I was lucky my induction once we talked about it was booked for the following morning so I got home from clinic appointment at 5.30 was back in the hospital at 7am the following morning I didn't have much time to panic and I was able to organise the kids X

Andrew will settle eventually, I hope..... I have enjoyed having David home for so long normally only had a bare few days with the others, it has been good for him to actually see just how much I do around the house, he even said the other day he doesn't know how I do everything and manage to work too
    BABYDOLL wrote: »
    Yes it gets easier I was on rugby run this morning too!!

Babydoll I bet it was secretly nice to do something normal x

My third beautiful daughter joined us last night. At immense speed. Induction due to reduced movement. Relief is not the word!!!!! I even managed to “pull” her out myself, the midwives were amazing.
    Can’t belief I’ve done it all over again. She’s just divine. Couldn’t be happier.

Good luck to all in waiting :)

My third beautiful daughter joined us last night. At immense speed. Induction due to reduced movement. Relief is not the word!!!!! I even managed to “pull” her out myself, the midwives were amazing.
    Can’t belief I’ve done it all over again. She’s just divine. Couldn’t be happier.

Aw digs I'm so delighted for you X you must be over the moon X hope your doing ok XX have you s name yet? What weight was she X how did you find the induction? So many questions sorry xx

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Congratulations digs!!Amazing, you got to take her out?wow!congrats, delighted for you!!

• Advertisement

K
    That's fantastic news Digs Congratulations!! Great to have it over with ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Thanks guys! I suppose I found it a bit of a whirlwind compared to my others in the run up. Hadn’t been feeling right all week. Had clinic on Monday and mentioned I wasn’t happy with movements. They agreed she was lazy on the scans. I got very upset and anxious so they then realised they needed to take the decision out of my hands and induce with all things considered!

Up to unit 3. After more tooing and froing and panic from me wondering if I was asking for a cascade of interventions considering how smooth my other labours were was I mad to consider induction! They broke my waters at 6pm. Walked the halls and not so much as a niggle. Until 1am..... every 2 mins apart straight away. The face on the poor midwife who had just been joking baby was messing with us! Taken straight to delivery and 1hr7 mins later she was born.

When she crowned they told me to reach down and meet my baby and then she told me to take her with the next contraction and pull her up!! I was totally floored but speed and intensity wise it was slightly longer then my second and slightly shorter then my first!

The staff in casualty, unit 3 and delivery. Just amazing, amazing amazing. So grateful to them for being so respectful and caring and totally listened to me and how I felt!

Oh and sorry Betsie she was 8lbs8, smallest of my 3 but 3 weeks earlier then her sisters were! Still little baby no name poor chick. Tough going naming her!!

Digs I'm so happy that all worked out ok X delivery sounds lovely though.... Wow 8lb8oz lovely weight X naming them is so bloody hard isn't it haha X you will get there, have your 2older girls been in to meet their baby sister yet .

Oh and sorry Betsie she was 8lbs8, smallest of my 3 but 3 weeks earlier then her sisters were! Still little baby no name poor chick. Tough going naming her!!

Don't worry about the name Digs, took me five weeks to come up with one, it will come to you eventually!
    How are you getting on?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah Digs.Wow.That's amazing.Ok intense, but what a thing to be able to do.

How is everyone doing XX

Figuring it all out here Betsie! Getting out of hospital ASAP didn’t go quite to plan. Poor baba had bad jaundice so needed a few days phototherapy. I nearly went out of my mind in the hospital but we’re home since Friday night.

I was having to pump round the clock and clearly the huge amount of milk I was leaking during pregnancy was an indicator of things to come as the midwives has never seen anyone produce so much colostrum. Dealing with an over supply and hyper let down at the moment but have had brilliant support from the lactation team in HS (that’s new, there was next to none on the other two!!)

Aside from that life with 3 is mental. I’m trying to take it hour by hour and not get too overwhelmed. Reminding myself it will all settle. The girls had to spend a week with my folks as I was in hospital so they’re a bit out of whack, plenty messing at bedtime. Physically I feel good though thankfully.

I 100% understand the saying of needing an extra pair of hands now though!! To think I thought I was busy!! Betsie how on earth do you handle 4?????

Hope you are doing well too.

Figuring it all out here Betsie! Getting out of hospital ASAP didn’t go quite to plan. Poor baba had bad jaundice so needed a few days phototherapy. I nearly went out of my mind in the hospital but we’re home since Friday night.

I was having to pump round the clock and clearly the huge amount of milk I was leaking during pregnancy was an indicator of things to come as the midwives has never seen anyone produce so much colostrum. Dealing with an over supply and hyper let down at the moment but have had brilliant support from the lactation team in HS (that’s new, there was next to none on the other two!!)

Aside from that life with 3 is mental. I’m trying to take it hour by hour and not get too overwhelmed. Reminding myself it will all settle. The girls had to spend a week with my folks as I was in hospital so they’re a bit out of whack, plenty messing at bedtime. Physically I feel good though thankfully.

I 100% understand the saying of needing an extra pair of hands now though!! To think I thought I was busy!! Betsie how on earth do you handle 4?????

Hope you are doing well too.

Aw no way digs how is baby doing now X

Glad your feeling good though X

Today was day 1 of hubby being back at work and i managed to get them all to school and creche on time (just about) haha , wonder will that last though....

Abi is starting to find her feet here she is learning very quickly to demand her attention when Im doing stuff with with the others,

Im feeling good too piles are almost gone and I can sit down again thank god,

• Advertisement

Glad to hear you’re feeling better! That makes the world of difference really.

I am dreading my husband going back. It’s comforting to hear you survived haha. My parents are bringing L to school for me for a few weeks which is a huge help so I’m grateful not to have to get up and out in the mornings.

2 yr old definitley upset at the new arrival. Not directed at her sister but she’s acting so so so unlike herself. I think it’s more obvious because she’s usually so laid back and cruisey but she’s definitely letting us know she’s not happy. She’s also so clingy to her Dad when usually it’s always me she wants which I’ve found really sad but we’ll get there...... won’t we????

Glad to hear you’re feeling better! That makes the world of difference really.

I am dreading my husband going back. It’s comforting to hear you survived haha. My parents are bringing L to school for me for a few weeks which is a huge help so I’m grateful not to have to get up and out in the mornings.

2 yr old definitley upset at the new arrival. Not directed at her sister but she’s acting so so so unlike herself. I think it’s more obvious because she’s usually so laid back and cruisey but she’s definitely letting us know she’s not happy. She’s also so clingy to her Dad when usually it’s always me she wants which I’ve found really sad but we’ll get there...... won’t we????

Andrew didn't look at me from the moment I came home until yesterday when David went back to work and he had no choice but to put up with me.... I cried every day coz all I wanted was a cuddle from my Andrew and no way should he come near me, this morning I had to take him to the community medical team for a developmental because he had no speach yet, his speach is like a 9month olds but she said every other milestone is up round the 36month mark just have to wait for s&l but we came home I was giving ABI a bottle and he hopped up on my lap started rubbing abi's leg and cuddles into me and I bawled I was never so happy xx

You will Digs.Just keep reminding yourself the chaos of those early weeks is chaotic for you and them.It will all come together and the biggest thing is when you are feeling semi normal again yourself.
    Mine were so glad to be able to hug me properly and not have to think about being gentle with my tummy.I remember that

Ah the poor pet Betsie! Glad to hear he’s coming around. It must be so hard for them. To be fair my lady is still looking for me, just not as much as usual. I feel bad for both of them really, it is a huge adjustment!

Thanks Shesty, I just need the positive reinforcement at the moment! Today has gone so much better then I thought. My husband had to go out to a meeting so I was here with all 3. Typical the eldest girl was sick today and couldn’t go to school! All is calm though.

PHN came and she’s gaining weight too so I’m over the moon! Having to use nipple shields until we get her tongue tie released tomorrow so glad she’s getting enough. On the whole this is the most comfortable feeding experience of all 3 so I’m really grateful for that.

PS it’s funnt you mention the tummy Shesty. When the 2 yr old saw me for the first time she looked and said “Mammy baby out!”, just shows they understand plenty! My older girl also said now no more worrying about the baby moving Mammy. They pick up on far too much, even when you’re trying to hide it from them!!

Oh god, don't I know.I had a bit of a vomiting dose yesterday, OH had to stay home and do it all, I was totally out of action.By yesterday evening, they were actually both really concerned!Probably because I wasn't doing all the things I normally did.First thing the four year old said this morning was "is your tummy ok now mammy?".They pick it all up.

So glad she is gaining weight digs how did the tongue tie release go? Abi is now 8lb 7oz so she is flying it too its great when they are doing well X in glad feeding is going well for you too X

Sick 4yr old here too was on the road at 4.20am this morning looking for calpol she had a roaring temp that wasn't coming down with cold compress.... She has a chest infection had to q in the Dr for ages this morning with her with ABI in tow not exactly the best 1st week alone... I was looking forward to maybe doing so Christmas shopping and bringing about into work to show her off and go out for coffee all when the others were in school maybe next week haha xx

• Advertisement

It doesn’t rain but it pours Betsie! We had her tongue tie apt yesterday which I was absolutely dreading but thankfully she doesn’t need it released. He said it’s so so slight and feeding is going so well he wouldn’t touch it. So I’m happy she’s been checked and happy she doesn’t need it done!

Shesty that sounds awful, I hope you’re feeling better soon. One thing I completely dread since becoming a Mam is getting sick, there are no days off!!

Things really settling here. The girls are getting back to themselves and I’m feeling more and more confident as the days go by. New baby is really very good which helps. She was due yesterday, on my other two I still had two weeks to go after due date which is mental!!

It doesn’t rain but it pours Betsie! We had her tongue tie apt yesterday which I was absolutely dreading but thankfully she doesn’t need it released. He said it’s so so slight and feeding is going so well he wouldn’t touch it. So I’m happy she’s been checked and happy she doesn’t need it done!

Shesty that sounds awful, I hope you’re feeling better soon. One thing I completely dread since becoming a Mam is getting sick, there are no days off!!

Things really settling here. The girls are getting back to themselves and I’m feeling more and more confident as the days go by. New baby is really very good which helps. She was due yesterday, on my other two I still had two weeks to go after due date which is mental!!

Digs i delighted things are settling for you and the girls are getting back to normal X and in delighted that her tongue tie didn't need clipping X

3weeks old today and it feels like Abi has been here forever X so far so good xx

3 weeks? My god! November has been so quick.
    I remember wondering if I’d be overdue for the toyshow and here I am cuddled up with her on the couch waiting for it to start :)

I know it's crazy how quick this month had gone and I thought that November woulf never come and now here it is over X enjoy toy show cuddles

I hope all the November babies have arrived safe. We were a quiet group but I think there were one or two in the wings!

I’m feeling spread very thin this week. My eldest is only back to school after being sick and now her sister is sick. She’s totally miserable, I had to change her pjs 6 times today she was covered in dribble and snot. All she wanted half the time was a cuddle but the baby is stuck to me feeding it made things difficult. Felt like such a bad Mam I couldn’t comfort her like I wanted to :(

I keep repeating this will pass and I know it will..... but my god am I exhausted at the moment!!

• Advertisement

In good news though littlest miss is 10G over her birth weight at 2 weeks today after losing close to 8% with the jaundice etc so I’m doing something right! Gives me the boost to keep going with it all.

Also Betsie, how do you cope with laundry??? Holy moly the baskets in this house are never empty now!!!

Oh I hear you digs my 4yr old was sick last week and it was utter hell.... She still isn't 100% yet I have a feeling she needs another few doses of steroids I'll give her another few days and see does she improve a bit....

Your doing great digs takes tone for everyone to adjust X

Colic had started to set in here, I was hoping to avoid it but no doesn't look like it anyway, just bought some infacol so will try that 1st and see how we go, the screaming is unreal so hard to listen to it

As for the laundry, don't ask It never bloody ends XX sorry xx

Oh god sorry to hear you’re dealing with colic!! You poor thing. We’ve never had it in this house (touch wood) but my youngest sister had it and I remember my parents walking the floors with her in the wee hours! The irony is she’s the most laid back and chilled person!

Each day is getting easier here. I’m just finding it a bit overwhelming I think, the jump from 2-3 has been big for me. I remember saying I found 1-2 smooth enough so was due a shock going from 2-3!!

Ps hope your little one is better. Today has seen an improvement here thanks to nurofen and calpol! We’ve booked Santa for Sunday so hoping everyone is in good form :D

Oh god sorry to hear you’re dealing with colic!! You poor thing. We’ve never had it in this house (touch wood) but my youngest sister had it and I remember my parents walking the floors with her in the wee hours! The irony is she’s the most laid back and chilled person!

Each day is getting easier here. I’m just finding it a bit overwhelming I think, the jump from 2-3 has been big for me. I remember saying I found 1-2 smooth enough so was due a shock going from 2-3!!

Ps hope your little one is better. Today has seen an improvement here thanks to nurofen and calpol! We’ve booked Santa for Sunday so hoping everyone is in good form :D

Aw digs colic is a Fecking nightmare and it's so hard to listen to her screaming, I can use that hope that she will be chilled so in later life X

It's a massive change digs 2-3 was a nightmare for me too I went no where only to drop them to school iliterly wouldn't take the 3 of them anywhere together I found it so overwhelming but it does get easier X

Ruby is almost better still not 100% but getting there but now Rachel is complaining of a sore throat , really hope it doesn't get any worse x

Betsie the car is it exactly!! What is it with that?? I’m terrified to take the 3 of them out. Thank god for my parents, they’ve been brilliant taking the other two and doing the school runs etc

Poor poor Ruby. It was sore throats in this house too but think they’re coming out the other side. No wake ups last night and no “owwws” this morning when eating breakfast. Some amount of vile green snot though!!
    Really hope it passes through your house soon X

At the risk of sounding like my mother, I'd love a good hard frost to kill all the bugs that's around at the moment, although better now then Christmas I suppose

It took me ages to go out with all of them and back to square 1again im loving the mornings when it's just me and abi I get loads done it's so easy to go out with 1 haha x

Haha I’m totally with your Mam!! We’re getting our tree tomorrow and I was just saying the place needs a good dettol before it arrives. I’ve been spraying disinfectant like a woman possessed this week.

I wouldn’t know myself with one!! The 2 yr old isn’t in crèche or anything so I always have at least the two. She is totally easy going though so not much trouble and she still takes a good 2-3 hr nap at lunchtime so I’m very lucky with her. She’s off to the doctor this morning though, her throat is bad again and when I was in with the GP yesterday she said there’s a bad strep throat going around so don’t want to chance it! If the baby manages to avoid being sick it’ll be a miracle....

Aw no way digs I hope she will be ok and that it's not strep throat X

I have my work Christmas night out tonight, I have nothing decent that bloody fits me aaahhhhh leggings and a swing top it is so , just treated myself to a wash and blow dry abi slept all the way through it thabk god now home for a quick coffee before bottle time x

Ah brilliant Betsie!! Well deserved night out, have a ball!! Am dying to get out myself but have a feeling it’ll be a while yet. Have a drink for me. It’s good to feel like yourself for a bit and not just Mam!!

• Advertisement

I sure will digs im just really looking forward to eating my dinner while it's still hot, simple things

How was your night out Betsie?

I’ve been snoozing on the couch for the last two hours, baby asleep on my chest, toddler dozing on my legs and the older girl on the other couch watching Christmas movies. The house is in darkness except for the Christmas tree, not a sniff of dinner made, two baskets of washing sitting looking at me. This baby is being a good lesson in slowing down and letting stuff wait. It’s been a lovely afternoon....... I should feed the kids now though :D

How was your night out Betsie?

I’ve been snoozing on the couch for the last two hours, baby asleep on my chest, toddler dozing on my legs and the older girl on the other couch watching Christmas movies. The house is in darkness except for the Christmas tree, not a sniff of dinner made, two baskets of washing sitting looking at me. This baby is being a good lesson in slowing down and letting stuff wait. It’s been a lovely afternoon....... I should feed the kids now though :D

Has a lovely night out digs was so nice X meal and a few drinks it's the simple things really X

Oh I hear your ABI is gone so clingy and wingy So im getting nothing done around the house then I spend the entire weekend trying to catch up when hubby is here x

Stretchy wrap has saved me here! It’s brilliant. I can get stuff done and she’s exactly where she wants to be. Major catch done here too when my husband is about! The evenings are very short these days.

I think I'll be investing digs as much as I'd love to sit under her for the day I can't X

I think I'll be investing digs as much as I'd love to sit under her for the day I can't X

I have the boba wrap, it was €59 and is brilliant. I watched a few YouTube videos on how to tie it and after a few tries it got much easier. She loves it and goes straight to sleep and I have my hands free to do stuff, it’s a win win :D

I think I be investing digs ... I need to be able to potter around and do stuff around the house

Ah it’s a game changer Betsie, definitley get one! I have an isara carrier which is great for when they’re a bit bigger but I love the stretchy wraps for when they’re so small and snuggly still. I can manage the dinner, washing etc when she’s in it!

Betsie, I am seven months with no. 3 here and I have to ask-how do you do it??(sorry Digs!!).I am starting to go nuts, there are literally not enough hours in the day.I know Christmas doesn't help but do you just absolutely give up on the state of your house, or feeding yourself at some stage??OH helps but ....argh.I am constantly non-stop cleaning and feeding people, and the house still looks like a bombsite and they never stop telling me they are hungry.I am so sick of repeating the same ten phrases every day over and over- leave it alone, stop fighting, answer when I call you, come when I call you, blagh,blagh, blagh....

Any words of wisdom for a harassed mum??(who is completely dragging the thread off course!!!!)

• Advertisement

Oh don’t worry, I may only be 3.5weeks into life with 3 but I’m under no illusions!!
    This may be of no use to you and I’m not sure what age your girls are but we noticed a huge let off when our eldest turned 5. She kind of grew up over night. Much easier to reason with, very sassy of course but she’s actually a great help to me, especially with her younger sisters. I sometimes have to remind myself the child is actually only 5 and still a baby herself.

Still plenty squealing and shouting and fighting etc but the eldest is much more independent and definitley knows now how far to push things and when to just drop it and cut me some slack. We went through the same issues with constantly asking for food etc and none of it with her anymore. She knows the routine and asking for certain things aside of it is futile.

Aside from that I’m convinced Betsie is one of life’s copers!!! When I think of 4 children in my house my knees go weak :D

Advertisement