Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2018 Babies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My husband left the house at 7am and is now at his Christmas party, to be seen again sometime in the wee hours but with strict instructions to head for the spare room.

I have coped all down with the 3 children, we’re all still alive, head of hair still intact!! So I am rewarding myself by swiftly working my way through the tub of miniature hero’s my sister in law brought into me :D

All I’m missing is a glass of Prosecco!!! Yum!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It's the two year old mostly...she's killing me.
    Lovely, quiet, sweet, little, child (compared to her absolute energiser bunny of an older sister)-but stubborn as..**** and behaves like I am part of the furniture half the day.She's 2 and 7onths, and older one is 4.5.She has vastly improved alright but she is a child who is very much ON all day long, physically and mentally, and takes up a lot of airspace.Means the two year old slips under the radar a bit and is well able to do her own thing, which can be tough going-because her own thing tends to involve experimenting (quietly) with how to fill basins up using both taps, or what happens when you squeeze all the soap in the sink full of water, or what IS in mammy's top locker drawer, and I should really test that pen out on the nearest wall...??

I just got really tired of trying to make her "mind me" as they say, earlier.Every bloody thing had to be said about six times and I am trying to get her out of that habit-coz I know full well she hears me....

I am going to bed now.!!!!Enjoy your night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Girls I plod along every day like the rest of us, my house is not perfect, washing is so high up next to the machine, I don't think I will ever see the end of the basketS .....

don't devoure me but I'm actually finding the transition from 3-4 easier them 2-3, my 6year old is amazing she is such a great little girl, will always do what I ask her (hope that lasts) if I'm feeding abi she can get water and snacks for the others, she will help me to tidy up toys too, my 4yr old.... I don't even know where to start with her, god love her teacher when she starts school next year is all I'll say haha......(love her to bits though)

Hubby had his Christmas party last night too so now after a day at home on my own, successfully putting them all to bed and keeping them all alive he is downstairs with them and I'm up supposedly having a shower but I'm still lying on the bed...... OOPS

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Haha, I was just contemplating the washing mountain there earlier and telling myself I must be doing somehing wrong because surely nobody else has this much washing!!!!
    Enjoy your shower :-)

• Advertisement

Shesty if someone can solve the riddle of a house full of washing send it my way, I’m drowning in the stuff! Definitley graduated to a wash a day :(

Betsie I’m laughing here. It was the same in our houe, I’ve only just come downstairs as I was in bed “feeding the baby” ie secretly loling at my hungover husband wrestling with what sounded like two wild bears downstairs. I may have been jealous of his night out but definitley not his banging headache now. Although he showed me the menu from last night. The git had rib eye steak..... in peace!!!

Also Shesty it definitley sounds like you have your hands full! The little personalities!!
    I was gifted a second child who is a whizz at independent play, I’d have ten of her she’s so laid back. The older girl was a total nightmare until recently, constant need for attention. Hopefully time will settle things.

While I think of it can I ask what ye do with bins? We were lucky to make it to bin day as it is but now they’re constantly full. Now the extra nappies etc have tipped us over the edge!! We compost and recycle diligently. Do ye just get a second bin??

I just blitzed the house too to bottom while the baby slept on my husband. As soon as I’m done she wakes for a feed. It’s a mans world and a mother’s work is never done - never truer phrases spoken!!

Yeah, my second is great at independent play, it just translates into experimentation.So you can let her at it but you would want to keep a sharp eye on her all the same!!No.1 is a mile a minute-questions covering every single topic (currently we are on bodily functions, geography, the planets, storms, "how do I write", let's bake and what other xmas decorations can we put up -finished off with "and who can we go to sed today mammy") She is smart and funny and exhausting.A couple of washes a day here Digs.Bins we are ok on although we are continuously emptying them.No need for a second one yet....

I'm doing on average 3washes a day here most days.... Bins we were only talking about them the other day we are thinking of a double one or 2 in the new year we end up having it over full every collection and we put some in the in-laws sometimes too

• Advertisement

Holy god 3 washes a day?? I shouldn’t complain at all so. I have a basket for the two older girls, one for the baby and one for myself and my husband so one of them gets done a day and I rotate! I’ll pipe down now with my giving out haha.

We’re the same with the bins Betsie. We’ve a week until black bin collection and it’s full already, going to have to get way more savvy I think.

To be honest Shesty you have perfectly described my eldest girl, eerily so. For a combo of reasons though we don’t find her as overwhelming as we used to (while still frequently reminding her she doesn’t have to articulate every waking thought she has!!!) , School is a big let off of energy and brain power, her age - a year in a kids life is like 10 maturity wise imo!! I dread the holidays though, when she’s off school and out of routine, she craves our attention. Boredom is her enemy and thus ours. I actually thoroughly enjoy her one on one company these days and am sorry I don’t get more of it, when I can give her my undivided attention. She is a smart, chatty, inquisitive little girl and she’s a lot of fun to spend time with, I have better conversations with her then some adults!! 5 going on 15. These are the days I wish I could split myself in 3..... we’ll get there.

We will. I was told by a friend it does ease once in school because the knowledge is coming at them there!!! It's like train of consciousness speaking - one big long sentence from waking to sleeping. It's tough going.
    My problem is actually the drying of clothes. We have a dryer but I prefer to hang the stuff out. That clogs up the house and slows up the whole process. It's messy!!

I'm praying number 2 will become easier once she starts school, I have visions of her giving her teacher a nervous breakdown when she starts school in September ....

Betsie she could very well settle!

We were at my daughters Christmas concert this morning. 2 yr old was screaming her name from the audience and then a massive meltdown cos she couldn’t get up to her and her sister wouldn’t come down. Baby decided she actually would quite like the second boob I had offered before leaving the house now that she’s out so she joined in on the screeching. We were that family.........

Thank god my folks were with us, my Mam tamed the 2yr old!!

I could not survive without the boba wrap though. Baby was very unsettled by the time we got home, panned out two seconds after being put in it.

You have confirmed to me exactly what I suspected would happen if I brought two year old to 4 year old's christmas plays!!!It would not be cute like it is in my head!
    And the baby....!!!!

Had Abi at the hospital yesterday for and x-ray and ultrasound of her hips all of the kids had it done because I had clicky hips when I was born none of the others were ever bothered by the procedure but my god did Abi scream the place down today it was so hard to hear her screaming and to see her bring held down in one place .

Betsie I’m sorry to hear that, the poor thing!! And poor you. I’m brutal when they’re upset too, I just burst into tears myself, so hard. Hope she’s ok now!!

Yeah I cried once i got back to the car digs it's so hard to see them so upset X

How are you doing x

We’re good Betsie thanks. Had a few nights there where her nibs was very unsettled until the wee hours so I slept with her on the couch to save everyone else asleep!! She seems to be ok again so hopefully it was just a blip. She’s 5 weeks today and we’ve really gotten into a stride with feeding so things are going well.

Just wide awake now after feeding her (she’s fast asleep). So excited for morning to come and the other two ladies to see what Santa has brought.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your little ones Betsie, what a fabulous year it’s been for us X

Digs wrote: »
    We’re good Betsie thanks. Had a few nights there where her nibs was very unsettled until the wee hours so I slept with her on the couch to save everyone else asleep!! She seems to be ok again so hopefully it was just a blip. She’s 5 weeks today and we’ve really gotten into a stride with feeding so things are going well.

Just wide awake now after feeding her (she’s fast asleep). So excited for morning to come and the other two ladies to see what Santa has brought.

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your little ones Betsie, what a fabulous year it’s been for us X

It's been an amazing year for us digs it really has X we have been through so much together really haven't we X

Hope ye had a wonderful Christmas the excitement here was unreal this morning X hope santa was good to you and yours X

Hope everyone had a wonderful day x

• Advertisement

Happy new year ladies xx

Many happy returns Betsie! Celebrated on the couch under a sleeping baby :D
    Hope 2019 is a great one for all! X

We’re on day 2 of 6 week growth spurt. She is feeding constantly......constantly! Not much sleep happening either. On top of that I feel like crap, chills, aches etc and my husband went back to work today :/ if it doesn’t rain it pours.

I keep telling myself it’ll pass but my god it’s tough going! Think we’ll all be staying in our pjs today.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

We’re on day 2 of 6 week growth spurt. She is feeding constantly......constantly! Not much sleep happening either. On top of that I feel like crap, chills, aches etc and my husband went back to work today :/ if it doesn’t rain it pours.

I keep telling myself it’ll pass but my god it’s tough going! Think we’ll all be staying in our pjs today.

Watch out for mastitis with those symptoms. Hope you feel better soon

Watch out for mastitis with those symptoms. Hope you feel better soon

Yes thank you! That had occurred to me but I’ve no other symptoms, breasts aren’t inflamed, red, sore etc I can’t feel any lumps either. I had a nap there with baby and I’ve woken up feeling much better. Will keep an eye though, thanks again.

Aw digs sorry your not feeling well X hubby went back to work here too and abi is under the weather with a cough and cold so no sleep here either of it's not in my arms :( might sound bad but I can't wait for school to be back next week and we can get out walking in the mornings x

Poor Abi :( and poor you!! To be honest there’s only arm sleeping going on here, that or I have her in the wrap. I’m happy to go with it until she’s a bit older, my second was the same and around 3 months she transitioned to the cosleeper and has been an amazing sleeper since. She asks to go for a nap! My eldest would rather die then go to bed!!! I also have that last baby thing of enjoying the cuddles, Yep nothing gets done but I won’t get this again (unless I steal a siblings baby haha!!) just know you’re not alone and remind yourself it’ll pass. I think this time of year is odd to have a newborn especially with social media. Everyone seems to be having a great time out and about and I’m here with a Velcro baby. Just think this time next year they’ll be running about pulling the tree down!!

Feeling much better thanks. Wondering if it was in fact a blocked duct or something, with all the feeding she’s doing anyway it’s a good time for it to happen!

Poor Abi :( and poor you!! To be honest there’s only arm sleeping going on here, that or I have her in the wrap. I’m happy to go with it until she’s a bit older, my second was the same and around 3 months she transitioned to the cosleeper and has been an amazing sleeper since. She asks to go for a nap! My eldest would rather die then go to bed!!! I also have that last baby thing of enjoying the cuddles, Yep nothing gets done but I won’t get this again (unless I steal a siblings baby haha!!) just know you’re not alone and remind yourself it’ll pass. I think this time of year is odd to have a newborn especially with social media. Everyone seems to be having a great time out and about and I’m here with a Velcro baby. Just think this time next year they’ll be running about pulling the tree down!!

Feeling much better thanks. Wondering if it was in fact a blocked duct or something, with all the feeding she’s doing anyway it’s a good time for it to happen!

I'm the same trying to embrace the arm sleeping too although at this very moment in time she is asleep in her crib (daddy done bed time tonight) do let's see how long this lasts now X

Hope your feeling better again digs x

How are you getting on Betsie? Hope Abi is better and you enjoyed the first week back at school!

I’m on antibiotics for what seems to be low key mastitis, symptoms aren’t terrible but they keep coming and going so need to get rid. No effect on her nibs, she’s feeding away happily so for that I’m grateful! She was 3lbs up on birthweight on Tuesday so I’m thrilled with her. Can’t believe she’s 8 weeks on Tuesday!! I’ve figured out she seems to love the pram so we walk up to school and I continue on for a little while with the 2yr old on the buggy board, that knocks baby out and she’ll continue sleeping for an hour or so once we get home. Repeat the process after pick up. So I’m getting her out of my arms for a bit which helps. I think all 3 of mine were allergic to the Moses basket!!

We’re getting the living room done up which is more dust then I like but just got a stove put in so dying to put the feet up in front of it! It’s gone very cold these days. Also just got confirmation of a place in Naionra starting September for June 2016 baby - how are we at that stage already with them????

• Advertisement

How are you getting on Betsie? Hope Abi is better and you enjoyed the first week back at school!

I’m on antibiotics for what seems to be low key mastitis, symptoms aren’t terrible but they keep coming and going so need to get rid. No effect on her nibs, she’s feeding away happily so for that I’m grateful! She was 3lbs up on birthweight on Tuesday so I’m thrilled with her. Can’t believe she’s 8 weeks on Tuesday!! I’ve figured out she seems to love the pram so we walk up to school and I continue on for a little while with the 2yr old on the buggy board, that knocks baby out and she’ll continue sleeping for an hour or so once we get home. Repeat the process after pick up. So I’m getting her out of my arms for a bit which helps. I think all 3 of mine were allergic to the Moses basket!!

We’re getting the living room done up which is more dust then I like but just got a stove put in so dying to put the feet up in front of it! It’s gone very cold these days. Also just got confirmation of a place in Naionra starting September for June 2016 baby - how are we at that stage already with them????

Hey digs

Abi's cold is better but we have a problem with her left hip the socket is very shallow in it, waiting to be called for a 3d scan of it for them to come up with a plan we still don't really know what the plan will be till then....

I have Andrew home with tonsillitis and ruby with and war infection this week I'm withered already and it's only Tuesday .....

Sorry to hear your on antibiotics your doing amazing though sounds like she is thriving well done you .... That's great that she will sleep in the pram for you it's great when you can get a little break isn't it ...

I got a call yesterday about Andrews pre-school she only has room for him 3days they are so busy, he is going to a different one to the girls it's just across from the national school they are going to so it makes my life easier in the mornings.... I won't be needing the crèche for ABI so the 3daya will be fine to start...

Ah Betsie god love you!! It doesn’t rain but it pours. I hope you have plenty help. Poor little Abi, I’m sure that’s worry but hopefully you’ll get a plan in place soon and she won’t be long being sorted. Did any of your others have issues with their hips? I hope the others improve too, you really have your hands full.

Baba has developed thrush because of me taking the antibiotics.... she doesn’t seem to be too fussed by it but got a script for nystatin so hopefully that sorts her out.

Ah Betsie god love you!! It doesn’t rain but it pours. I hope you have plenty help. Poor little Abi, I’m sure that’s worry but hopefully you’ll get a plan in place soon and she won’t be long being sorted. Did any of your others have issues with their hips? I hope the others improve too, you really have your hands full.

Baba has developed thrush because of me taking the antibiotics.... she doesn’t seem to be too fussed by it but got a script for nystatin so hopefully that sorts her out.

How are ye all doing now digs, I hope the mastitis cleares up for you X and babas thrush had cleared too X

I have had a week is sickness here between chest infections, tonsillitis, coughs colds ear infwxtions, between them all I feel like I could open a Fecking hospital I had so many medications going around the place.... Hope ye are all well

As for the hips no none of my others had issues with them, we are back to Waterford on the 5th of feb for a 3d scan to get a better look at the hip joint and we will go from there X had her with her pediatrician in clonmel yesterday he is so happy with her

Oh I really hope all the sickness has passed! That sounds really awful, you must be dead on your feet. I hope you’re feeling ok yourself! Will cross everything for Abi. Poor little mite, and poor Mammy!!

We’re doing well. Mastitis completely cleared up so I’m like a new woman since, really feel we turned a corner the last two weeks and I’m out of the newborn haze. She still has the tiniest touch of thrush but not a bother on her! Long may it last.

Oh I really hope all the sickness has passed! That sounds really awful, you must be dead on your feet. I hope you’re feeling ok yourself! Will cross everything for Abi. Poor little mite, and poor Mammy!!

We’re doing well. Mastitis completely cleared up so I’m like a new woman since, really feel we turned a corner the last two weeks and I’m out of the newborn haze. She still has the tiniest touch of thrush but not a bother on her! Long may it last.

Touch wood all the sickness is gone was a hectic couple of weeks though

Thankfully have no appointments this week that I know of yet haha haha

Glad ye are all well

Hope everyone is keeping well xx

• Advertisement

All good here Betsie! Definitley over the hump of the adjustment to 3 and the craziness is just the new normal. Baby is so placid though so she’s making life easy! She reminds us a lot of our second girl in temperament and looks which is mad. Her sisters are absolutely mad about her and vice versa. She’s constantly looking for them when she’s awake. The biggest grins when she finds them :)

How are you getting on? How’s life with 4?

All good here Betsie! Definitley over the hump of the adjustment to 3 and the craziness is just the new normal. Baby is so placid though so she’s making life easy! She reminds us a lot of our second girl in temperament and looks which is mad. Her sisters are absolutely mad about her and vice versa. She’s constantly looking for them when she’s awake. The biggest grins when she finds them :)

How are you getting on? How’s life with 4?

Great to hear from you digs .... Abi is mostly good she has her moments like them all.... Life with 4is very busy but great , smiles and cuddles make it all worth while x

Great to hear from you digs .... Abi is mostly good she has her moments like them all.... Life with 4is very busy but great , smiles and cuddles make it all worth while x

The amount of strangers that have remarked to me “gosh you really have your hands full” when I’m out and about with the girls is ridiculous..... I can only imagine what you get!

I took the 5yr old to the cinema this morning for a bit of one on one time, she’s feeling a bit neglected I think. Two birds with one stone as I’m trying to introduce a bottle to her ladyship so left my husband to it. She’s 3.5 months so don’t want to leave it too late! I’m happy feeding her and it’s going very well but want to make sure she takes a bottle before too long so I have the option of going out at some stage!!

Any chance of a 5th Betsie :D that’s another question that’s constant, are we heading for a fourth. I think that’s because we’ve got 3 of the same though. People are mad.

Whereas I have heard nothing about another, but a couple of people have said" oh you have your boy now, that's your family complete."
    Sorry what??As one of an all-girl family, I find it a bit insulting!!!People are crazy.
    I also have my hands full Digs.Or so I'm told.It's not so much my hands as my washing baskets that are full, truth be told.

No chance of a 5th we are very happy with our 4 but I'm withered from people telling me I'm done or presuming that Abi is our last.. it's our business how many children we have.....

Every Saturday morning I bring my 2older girls to their ballet class and we always go for coffee/milkshake and a scone or something and we just chat away it's lovely I look forward to it every week x

• Advertisement

Betsie that’s a really lovely thing to do!! I’m a bit tied with the breastfeeding still but once we get a bottle on board I’m hoping I’ll have time alone with the older two. I’m glad to hear everything is going so well for you. 4 month sleep regression has just hit a bit early here, she is lucky she’s so cute :D

Shesty my brain feels as full as my washing basket these days! I’ve gotten smart and when people ask about a 4th I’ve started saying “Gosh and risk having a boy???” - that confuses the hell out of them :D

Oh that's a good answer Digs!!!

Hey everyone how are ye all doing ?

We’re good!! Wishing time would slow down, she’s getting too big too quickly but Jesus is she just delicious. She’s a dangerous baby, I’d have ten of her so my husband is terrified!

We had 4 month shots on Thursday. They threw her for a loop, two days of raised temp and a bit out of sorts but she seems back to herself now.

How are you getting on with your crew?

We’re good!! Wishing time would slow down, she’s getting too big too quickly but Jesus is she just delicious. She’s a dangerous baby, I’d have ten of her so my husband is terrified!

We had 4 month shots on Thursday. They threw her for a loop, two days of raised temp and a bit out of sorts but she seems back to herself now.

How are you getting on with your crew?

Aw digs do glad to hear all is well X we are doing good here now too she was very unsettled s and wingy for a long time but I started taking her to reflexology and she is a different baby, she is more relaxed and happy lately which is great for both her and me X

Poor hubby haha do you think you might go again????

We have our vaccines Tuesday she was due them poddys week but she had an awful cold that week and then we had her christening was last Sunday so I didn't want her out of sorts for that and I couldn't get an appointment for this week so next week it is X

Amazing! What does the reflexology do? Really glad to hear it’s helped! Hope ye all had a lovely christening day too. Best to put the shots off alright in that case.

I’m so conflicted on babies. I’d fill my house with them if I could I think. This baby and my second have been so easy going though they’d make you think you could have a heap of them. H has given us zero issues, we’re very very fortunate and as mad and noisy as it is I love the kids running around and really love them playing together, I keep thinking how lucky they are to be 3 sisters and I very much look forward to the future with them! However, I couldn’t do pregnancy again I don’t think. Looking back things got very hairy for us towards the end, I didn’t give enough head space to it at the time but now I am so so grateful she is here safe that I think I’m just grateful with my lot. Plus for a lot of sensible reasons, not least that my poor husband would actually have a nervous breakdown if I got pregnant again :D

Can you tell it’s been on my mind..... :D

Oh and my Granny is 98, baby mad and has told me a million times recently that if you have 3 you may aswell have 10. I think she’s slightly forgetting the early days though haha!

No you haven't been thinking about it at all haha X

All I'm going to say is I found the transition from 3-4 easier then I did 2-3 XX :):)

Relfexology helps to get everything in balance and get everything working as it should, I find it amazing x

Ahhh Betsie you’re not helping haha! I need to re read all my posts where I was so sure I was done. I really really don’t do pregnancy well.

My eldest keeps asking for another sister because “H is so cute”. I think she thinks we only do girls in this house haha!

I’ve heard good things about reflexology alright, that’s amazing it’s worked for Abi! I used to love acupuncture too. Used to send me straight to sleep.

Have you started or given thought to solids yet? This lady is going mad when I put anything in my mouth! Grabbing and shrieking. Definitley did not have this with my other two. Will try hold her off another 2/3 weeks but my god she has such interest!

Ahhh Betsie you’re not helping haha! I need to re read all my posts where I was so sure I was done. I really really don’t do pregnancy well.

My eldest keeps asking for another sister because “H is so cute”. I think she thinks we only do girls in this house haha!

I’ve heard good things about reflexology alright, that’s amazing it’s worked for Abi! I used to love acupuncture too. Used to send me straight to sleep.

Have you started or given thought to solids yet? This lady is going mad when I put anything in my mouth! Grabbing and shrieking. Definitley did not have this with my other two. Will try hold her off another 2/3 weeks but my god she has such interest!

:):):) Sorry XX

Yeah I'm thinking of starting her very soon, of she is sitting on my lap while eating or drinking she is mad pulling my hand and screaming at me so I think this weekend I might buy her a new bowl and spoons and well go from there. She is 21 weeks on Friday .... Scary how quick time is going x

That's too funny that your eldest wants another sister, she might be really put out if it was a boy x

• Advertisement
Advertisement