Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2018 Babies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

My very brave husband had the cheek to tell me I’m way less moany on this pregnancy. Back handed compliment!!

Moan away here Betsie, it’s no bloody picnic, we’re all here to commiserate with you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Lol hope your hubby knows it's early days yet :):):) plenty of time for moaning haha

I know thanks girls x

Haha very true! He might well be singing from a different sheet come a few months. Or when I stop going to bed so early and have more time to chew the ears off him :D

You never know might be different this time around xx

I’m definitley way less emotional and cranky this time around which I find strange, l’ll fully admit I was a bit of a wagon at times to my husband during the first trimester on the other two.

I’m lying on my bed mentally going through all the foods I’ve ever eaten to see if anything tickles my fancy and I can send him to the shops. This bitter taste in my mouth is seriously annoying.

• Advertisement

Do you still have that awful taste in your mouth digs I'll ask my boss about it tomorrow for r you if you like she is a dentist

Do you still have that awful taste in your mouth digs I'll ask my boss about it tomorrow for r you if you like she is a dentist

Oh that’d be great thanks Betsie! All miracle cures welcome. It is driving me crackers. Constantly there no matter what I eat.

It's a bitter taste yeah X that's no problem at all I'll ask her for you xx

Yes Betsie very bitter, constantly filling with saliva! I’m sure it’s part and parcel but thanks so much for asking, any tips appreciated.

It’s an absolutely gorgeous day in Dublin, kids in the paddling pool, I’m sunning myself and for the first time in ages would absolutely murder a cider or even a west coast cooler!!!

Hope everyone else is well and enjoying the Bank holiday!

Sorry digs crazy day here only getting on now, I asked her this morning she said unfortunately some people just get this taste during pregnancy it's unexplained and no cure for it X sorry on the plus though she did say it should subside in the 2nd trimester x

• Advertisement

Ah thanks for asking Betsie! I figured it was a grin and bear it thing. Just a new one for me. My poor husband completely convinced it’s a boy haha!
    Hope you’re not too wrecked!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend the weather has been so beautiful we are having a ball here X my kids love being outside x

It could be a boy's digs you never know x will Tue find out our have a surprise x

I don’t know Betsie, I really would like not to but we’re far too curious to have the information there and not ask, for no other reason than nosiness!! We’ll see when the day comes I suppose. My 20 week scan isn’t until July, feels like yonks away!

Lovely weekend too, everyone sleeping like logs, big thanks to the warm weather for that one!! I’m definitley starting to feel better aswell thank god, 11 weeks must be my magic number.

We found out on our 1st and 2nd kept 3rd a surprise and it was the best surprise ever will most definitely be keeping this a surprise too

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Off for my first scan today - week 13 today according to my calculations. Hopefully they won't add time today! Have been anxious to get to today. Haven't heard the heart beat yet so will be great to get some reassurance today (not that it couldn't be found, doctor didn't do what ever that is called - nor did she do my bloods!! Weirdly) so it feels like today is a bigger confirmation date. Had a miscarriage last year so it's going to mean a lot today, all going well!
    Hope everyone's keeping well.

Off for my first scan today - week 13 today according to my calculations. Hopefully they won't add time today! Have been anxious to get to today. Haven't heard the heart beat yet so will be great to get some reassurance today (not that it couldn't be found, doctor didn't do what ever that is called - nor did she do my bloods!! Weirdly) so it feels like today is a bigger confirmation date. Had a miscarriage last year so it's going to mean a lot today, all going well!

Best of luck today! Hope everything goes great :)

Hope all went well today for you

Not to jinx myself but I think I’m out of the woods re nausea and vomiting!! Weeks 5-11 were dire but apart from the usual tiredness etc I’ve been feeling good this week. Appetite is back (planning a Chinese tonight woo hoo!!) and I’ve managed to get out for a walk every evening this week. I feel so much better. Still wrecked but that’s life.
    I also had to break out the maternity pants this week, my belly is growing at an alarming rate! The bobbin on the button trick was just getting uncomfortable but I was amazed at how much maternity clothes I’ve accumulated over my two other pregnancies, I have loads!!

How’s everyone else doing?

Digs wrote: »
    Not to jinx myself but I think I’m out of the woods re nausea and vomiting!! Weeks 5-11 were dire but apart from the usual tiredness etc I’ve been feeling good this week. Appetite is back (planning a Chinese tonight woo hoo!!) and I’ve managed to get out for a walk every evening this week. I feel so much better. Still wrecked but that’s life.
    I also had to break out the maternity pants this week, my belly is growing at an alarming rate! The bobbin on the button trick was just getting uncomfortable but I was amazed at how much maternity clothes I’ve accumulated over my two other pregnancies, I have loads!!

How’s everyone else doing?

Thank god it's not just me my maternity pants came out too and I treated myself to new jeans too I was even asked from a patient today when was I due herjaw hit the floor when I said November haha

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hope your scan went well flandabiedozie.

I am not getting notifications about this group so I keep thinking there has been no new posts. Very annoying.

Are either of you joining a Facebook group? I am going to join a rollercoaster one I just haven't got round to it yet. I love my group for my first pregnancy.

Girls I don't know how you have kids and cope being pregnant!! I think this will be the last pregnancy for us. Due to my age and trying to look after my little boy while pregnant and feeling rough is not fun!!

I have just had a two hour sleep and have woken up feeling worse. I seem to get my morning sickness in the evening time. I am kinda grateful though as I would not be able to work and feel this awful. At least I can come home and die!!

• Advertisement

Cowlove it's so bloody hard looking after the kids when all I want to do is feel sorry for myself and take a nap hopefully more energy will kick in soon

I’m relieved to hear you say that Betsie, the scales have been kind to me but my shape is definitley changing!

Cowlove im part of the Rollercoaster one on Facebook, there’s about 72 people. Very nice bunch of women, just chit chat and a few questions daily. If you PM the girl on rollercoaster she’ll add you to the group.

I don’t think any pregnancy compares to your first and you don’t appreciate it at the time!! The ability to nap when you want, the dream! Subsequent pregnancies are just not as easy. I wouldn’t be able to cope half as well if my husband was useless but he plays a blinder thank god, really takes the load off.

Really hope ye girls start to feel better soon. I’m not sure the tiredness ever really lifts, especially with other kids in the mix but for me anyway the asleep by 8pm phase has passed!

I just joined the Rollercoaster group on Facebook. Everyone seems lovely.

Yeah thankfully my husband is great too or I wouldn't be able to cope. I have such respect for single parents.

Have a great weekend ladies!

Ah cowlove I’ll be trying to look out for you now :)

Hope the weather picks up for the weekend ahead, put the feet up anyway girls!

Ah cowlove I’ll be trying to look out for you now :)

Hope the weather picks up for the weekend ahead, put the feet up anyway girls!

Ok I'm so out of the loop now what's rollercoaster??? Haha xx

Ok I'm so out of the loop now what's rollercoaster??? Haha xx

Ah Betsie are you familiar with rollercoaster.ie? If you go to the November birth month there a girl has a thread about a private Facebook group. If you PM her she can add you to it! Provided you’re on Facebook etc

I am now thanks digs :)

How is everyone doing here???

Have had a rotten two days. Fainted twice, vomiting, vision going, blood banging through my ears, so dizzy etc never experienced anything like it with my other two. I’ve been checked out and my blood pressure is low so I just have to try take it easy for a few days. Luckily my folks can take the girls for us, I was having trouble lifting the youngest, so bloody weak.

It proves the point, never say you feel great on this thread because karma will bite you haha!!

How’s everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Aveen

Have had a rotten two days. Fainted twice, vomiting, vision going, blood banging through my ears, so dizzy etc never experienced anything like it with my other two. I’ve been checked out and my blood pressure is low so I just have to try take it easy for a few days. Luckily my folks can take the girls for us, I was having trouble lifting the youngest, so bloody weak.

It proves the point, never say you feel great on this thread because karma will bite you haha!!

How’s everyone else?

Oh Digs sorry to hear you feel so weak, fingers cross it’ll lift soon. Can’t believe our little ones will be two next month!

Hope you are ok digs. That must have been so scary. I hope you feel better now x

My sickness seems to have lifted. Although I better be careful I don't jinx it.

I am starting pregnancy pilates tonight. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow I'd say!!

Thanks girls, I still feel like crap today, waiting on blood results so wouldn’t be surprised if my iron isn’t a bit low maybe? Hopefully it passes soon.

Cowlove I’m dying to start pregnancy yoga, loved it last time! The next block doesn’t start until mid June for me. Hope you enjoy the class, it’s great to keep a bit of exercise and stretching up during pregnancy.

Ah Aveen I just had that exact thought the other day, cannot believe they’re 2 next month!! Such a fast two years. Hope you and your little fellas are doing well?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 SuzieQCork

Thanks girls, I still feel like crap today, waiting on blood results so wouldn’t be surprised if my iron isn’t a bit low maybe? Hopefully it passes soon.

Cowlove I’m dying to start pregnancy yoga, loved it last time! The next block doesn’t start until mid June for me. Hope you enjoy the class, it’s great to keep a bit of exercise and stretching up during pregnancy.

Ah Aveen I just had that exact thought the other day, cannot believe they’re 2 next month!! Such a fast two years. Hope you and your little fellas are doing well?

Sorry to hear you feel so crap digs! That sucks!!
    I actually sent a text this morning enquiring about pregnancy yoga in my town, waiting to hear back.. Ive never done yoga in my life.. I can only imagine how awkward I will be at it LOL.

Im exhausted at the moment! its actually unreal, the tiredness went away a few weeks ago but came back with a bang this week, I feel lowsey coz we got the keys to our new house and my husband is out there cutting down trees and doing stuff and Im at home on the couch napping coz Im just not able. I thought the tiredness would have been gone by now... im even yawning as I write this LOL. I have not been eating well at all the last week or so I wonder if that has anything to do with it.. Plenty of fruit brought to work today!!

Aw digs hope your taking care of yourself xx

We are all feeling sorry for ourselves if have a sinus infection and not able for anything, hubby hurt his shoulder last weekend so he is useless to me at the moment x

My iron is low so I really hope to god a supplement will improve how I’m feeling. I’m completely fed up now.

Susie just try to look at this at a time in your life that you just have to sit back and take it easy. It’s not in my nature to do it either but I’ve learned in pregnancy you just have to or you’ll suffer!! My kids have had frozen chips, beans and eggs more times for dinner in the last few weeks than I care to mention but it is what it is. It’s a passing phase in time, normality, well a new normality will be restored soon enough!!

12 weeks today and I finally have my booking appointment Monday, I must be the last of the group to go?? Dying to tell the eldest girl.

• Advertisement

Woohoo digs finally 12 weeks been a long time coming xx .
    Hopefully get your iron levels up and you will feel much better soon

It feels ages coming Betsie! I’m not exactly sitting about twiddling my thumbs but this trimester for some reason has dragged.

I am grateful for the welcome return of my appetite. How I missed it!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

The new normality post-birth features the kids having frozen food and beans for dinner too.....for a while anyway!!! ;-)

I really truly appreciated the Rotunda serving me up meals every day this time round.They were good too!

Oh Shesty I have such fond memories of feeding my second on the couch while my husband made the most delicious nachos in the microwave. That was my dinner for weeks!!

I hope you’re getting on ok?! We had a mental weekend with our two last weekend and all we could say to each other was it’s about to get a whole lot more mental!!

Fairly starting to show now! May have to find where the maternity stuff I had has been stashed. It's so nice to be able to tell people and start to enjoy the excitement of it all. Hope the weekends been good to y'all!

• Advertisement

All booked in! Seriously impressed with Holles Street, their new system is brilliant in and out so quick.

Saw baby wriggling about and even raised their hand for a pic. She dated me about 4 days ahead of my early scan dates but I asked her to keep me with the later due date, want to avoid going over at all costs this time!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Oh Shesty I have such fond memories of feeding my second on the couch while my husband made the most delicious nachos in the microwave. That was my dinner for weeks!!

I hope you’re getting on ok?! We had a mental weekend with our two last weekend and all we could say to each other was it’s about to get a whole lot more mental!!

Fine, thanks Digs (sorry for thread crashing).It's chaos but the hardest bit is just waiting til I return to physically to normal myself, not being able to lift etc is tough!Birth was normal, no big issues although a big baby, but just have to wait those few weeks til muscles feel recovered!!Kids adore the baby, sounds awful but the transition seems to be much easier than 1 to 2!!!
    Nachos.You have just given me a new dinner idea!!!

Ah it’s a very quiet thread all in all, gate crashers more than welcome! I’m glad to hear the transition has been fairly ok! Did you find the afterbirth pains worse? Sorry to pick your brains but between them and the contractions brought on after breastfeeding I was in some amount of pain after #2!! Curious to know if they get worse!

Go forth and eat nachos. Melty cheese and sour cream goodness, heaven!

Yes.
    But they had me on an oxytocin drip afterwards for about 24 hours to ensure the womb contracted, and it did probably make the pain more intense, but yeah they were fairly bad for about three days.Breastfeeding aswell. Take ALL the pain relief you can get from them.I didn't have an epidural but from what I understood, the drip was because the baby was big (10lb+) and i think that can result in more bleeding (I think).I also had a haemorrage about a week after my first and for some reason they were being really vigilant about it all this time (probably his size I guess).

Otherwise I resigned myself to two nights in hospital (because they serve me food!!! :-) ), ended up staying three and am taking it nice and easy for now!I am no expert breastfeeder but it is probably going the best of all my babies on this one.Also... the least amount of damage down below on this one, despite his weight-don't ask me how.....

Wow, well done you!!! My eldest was 9lb9 and I thought that was good going, although the second was 9lb3 so don’t know if that downward trend will continue or I’ll be hit with a whopper, I’ve been lucky neither have left a scratch on me too. At my booking apt it was mentioned a few times how the girls were close to but not at the 10lbs mark so 10lbs babies seem to be the bench mark for a few tests - GD etc interesting about the drip, I haven’t heard of that before!!

I absolutely hate the wards, hate hate hate them. Ran out after a few hours on my second and have yet to eat a meal in a hospital (wierd issue with it, I wish I didn’t!!) so I’m imagining I’ll be running home this time for nachos again if all goes to plan.

Glad to hear all is going well integrating the 3rd baby Shesty, you’ve given me hope!

Ignorance was bliss Digs, none of us knew he would be that weight!Was a shock to us and the midwife in the delivery room!!No indications of GD or anything.No.2 was 8lb!Rotunda food was pretty good, so I stuck with it :-).There is hope, I am better at embracing the chaos this time alright!

How is everyone doing, and feeling X I'm starting to feel movement the last few day very regular I love this part X hating work at the moment and it's killing me coz I love my job and I have no particular reason o just don't want to go to work x hubby says it's my body telling me to stop going so much X sickness seems to have passed thank god appitite still not great though X

All good here. I thought sickness had passed but it seems to come and go. I thought I could feel movement today but not sure. It could have been wind :D

They are offering voluntary redundancies in my place. I am going to apply but I don't know if I will get it.

Hope everyone is feeling ok x

No harm to apply anyway cowlove you never know,

Sickness coming and going with me too and appetite is still poor. Have serious sugar cravings though and I am in the bracket for GD but not being tested until August!
    Also feeling bits of twists and turns but could be other processes in the body - like cowlove said :)

Have to book a doctors appointment next week as it's nearly 4 weeks since the scan. Will be good to get a listen to that little heart again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement