Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2018 Babies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

No boob trouble here, but I’m in the October thread and a few girls there have been complaining of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

Ya tender there too. Makes the bed time story with my little girl a little awkward. Had been getting great cuddles but now it's grin and bear it for as long as possible and try and change position.
    Still haven't told her about the new person that will be joining us, all going well. Don't know when it's best to tell her. Think I'll wait til she actually asks about this ever increasing bump! November is forever away if you're a 4yr old after all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

I know I havent told mine yet either don't know when I'll tell them tbh x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Jeeney I hadn’t a hope of hiding it from my eldest! She had asked me twice before I even turned 12 weeks. Not much gets past her though.

The youngest couldn’t be more oblivious!

So heading off on my holidays Saturday to Wales for a week and I am smothered feel like **** tbh I have it since Tuesday hopefully it will disappear as fast as it arrived I will need whatever energy I have to entertain the kids all next week :(

That’s lousy Betsy! Have you been to the chemist, they might be able to recommend something ? I’ve had a dose with a cough that has lingered on for ages but thankfully aside from the cough I think it’s more of less shifted. The chemist gave me some natural stuff for my throat and saline rinse for my sinuses etc . I hope you get some rest on hols, near impossible with 3 kids I know!

I did I went to the chemist I got a saline rince thing for my sinus that made me vomit :( I struggle with a bad gag most of the time even getting my teeth cleaned is an issue and I'm a dental nurse haha x the cough is wrecking my head what did he give you for the cough digs ??? If you don't mind me asking X

You poor sod Betsie, totally lousy when you’re pregnant.
    Is it a chesty, producing cough? This is what I had, I’d get such bad coughing fits at times I inflicted terrible round ligament pain on myself, I couldn’t move!! Not to mention the vomiting it brought on! All the chemist would give me was those natural cough sweets, they help soften the throat but do feck all for the cough! The initial sore throat, headache etc didn’t last too long for me. I hope you feel better soon!

Yeah chesty and phlegmy cough , oh will struggle on xx hopefully the heat over the next few days will cure me xx

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

Hi girls, hope you get better soon Bessie and enjoy your time away.

I haven't told my little fella he will be getting a sister yet. He will be three next month. He is totally oblivious so I am keeping it that way for the time being.

I went to my GP yesterday for my midwife visit. The nurse couldn't find the heartbeat and then the doctor had problems too. Finally they were able to get it. I have been worried ever since and haven't been feeling as much movement. I hate the worrying!!

• Advertisement

Oh holy moly cowlove you poor thing! Some fright you got I’m sure. They’re still just about small enough to be curled up in a way they can make the HB harder to find, I’m sure when you’re lying there waiting to hear it it’s like an eternity though. I hope you’re feeling better today! I can never fully relax until I have a baby in my arms, there’s a worry at ever turn.

Betsie I hope you’re feeling better if you’re reading this from Wales!

I was in with my midwife/GP last week. Lovely appt, all seems well. They both agreed on writing a letter to my consultant in Holles Street about inducing me closer to my due date, my GP was pretty adamant it needs to be discussed. My consultant had indicated it when I spoke to her but no harm having the GP to back it up! Extremely fast labours + absolutely no warning on either + third time round they take it seriously! I’m anti intervention if it can be avoided but relieved in a big way so I’m going to put it to the back of my head now until closer to the time. I am
    certainly happy at the prospect of not having to hang about until 42 weeks for a change!!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the heat! Ice pops are my best friend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cowlove

I'm the same Digs. I won't relax until baby is in my arms. I'll be counting the days till my 20 weeks scan next week.

That's great news about a possible induction! I'm sure it gets rid of some if your fears.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Verity.

cowlove wrote: »
    Hi girls, hope you get better soon Bessie and enjoy your time away.

I haven't told my little fella he will be getting a sister yet. He will be three next month. He is totally oblivious so I am keeping it that way for the time being.

I went to my GP yesterday for my midwife visit. The nurse couldn't find the heartbeat and then the doctor had problems too. Finally they were able to get it. I have been worried ever since and haven't been feeling as much movement. I hate the worrying!!
    Do you know where your placenta is Cowlove? Reason I ask is mine is anterior and my GP was having a job trying to find a HB the last day I was in. I had to tell her whereabouts I had heard it last on my own Doppler. With a bit of digging around she found it.

Having an anterior placenta has really reduced the amount of movements I feel, and at over 20 weeks with my fourth I have to say how weird it is! For eg. I had our LG last year and I could feel quickening with her from 13 weeks. Baby has found my bladder though :/

I'm in hiding from the sun, can't cope with this heat. I'm just not made for it. Hope you ladies are doing well otherwise x

I’m beginning to suspect an anterior placenta here too. Although I don’t have my anatomy scan until mid July so I’m only guessing.

I did feel quickening very early this time, as I did with my other two but I’m 18 weeks now and the movement is still very fleeting and on and off. I’m sure it was much stronger on the girls by this stage. It’s a new experience!

Digs wrote: »
    I’m beginning to suspect an anterior placenta here too. Although I don’t have my anatomy scan until mid July so I’m only guessing.

I did feel quickening very early this time, as I did with my other two but I’m 18 weeks now and the movement is still very fleeting and on and off. I’m sure it was much stronger on the girls by this stage. It’s a new experience!

Your placenta might have moved a bit Digs. As I understand the bigger your uterus grows the placenta can change position.

On a side note, I'm back in the private clinic for a second gender scan tomorrow. I went for one two weeks ago and for love nor money we couldn't get baby to show off their bits. Cord was pulled down between the legs and curled up tight. If the same thing happens tomorrow you'll probably all hear me scream lol... I'm so impatient. So sick of saying 'him or her' all the time. The tech said the last day that she thinks maybe girl, but she can't say it with conviction. She showed me an angle but it was a tiny part that could be just about anything really. We don't mind which we have, but just dying to know which it is *facepalm*

Well I can safely say my cold has been burned out of me with the heat we are loving every second of the holiday kinda don't want it to end kids are having an amazing time, I'm exhausted from the heat and all the going but I'm not complaining at all,

I refuse to complain about the heat too Betsie, I adore it! Enjoy the hols!

Verity good luck today, hope baby complies. It must be very frustrating wanting to find out and not be able to.

I felt a good few digs down low today so I’m happy out. Still suspect the placenta is blocking a bit of it. My husband was optimistic we’re just getting a more chilled out child this time. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Well I can safely say my cold has been burned out of me with the heat we are loving every second of the holiday kinda don't want it to end kids are having an amazing time, I'm exhausted from the heat and all the going but I'm not complaining at all,
    Glad you're feeling better Betsie, and hope you're all having a ball :)
    I refuse to complain about the heat too Betsie, I adore it! Enjoy the hols!

Verity good luck today, hope baby complies. It must be very frustrating wanting to find out and not be able to.

I felt a good few digs down low today so I’m happy out. Still suspect the placenta is blocking a bit of it. My husband was optimistic we’re just getting a more chilled out child this time. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Or as I say to my husband, you be optimistic I'll be realistic :D

Well this time around the cord was still between the legs but she got three different angles on the baby and she thinks it's a boy! This is turning out to be a bit of a rollercoaster, just like our LG was. For most of my pregnancy I thought she was a boy :s

Verity congrats on a boy! I’m glad to hear baby complied in the end :)

Betsie hope you enjoyed the holidays!

Can not believe we’re at the half way point (well I’m 19 weeks so almost!). This pregnancy is absolutely flying by all of a sudden. Dying to have my anomaly scan over with, still another two weeks to go!

Apart from a ridiculous amount of toilet trips I’m still feeling very good (touch wood!). Hope everyone else is well!

• Advertisement

Verity congrats on a boy! I’m glad to hear baby complied in the end :)

Betsie hope you enjoyed the holidays!

Can not believe we’re at the half way point (well I’m 19 weeks so almost!). This pregnancy is absolutely flying by all of a sudden. Dying to have my anomaly scan over with, still another two weeks to go!

Apart from a ridiculous amount of toilet trips I’m still feeling very good (touch wood!). Hope everyone else is well!

Thanks Digs! Although we have been told he's a boy I think I won't stop thinking there has been an error until the hospital tells me so too. Scans have never been wrong for me, but a blood test was last pregnancy. The shock of finding out I had a different gender late in my pregnancy :eek: I'm sure the private clinic is right, but I'll get that confirmation from hospital and I'll believe it properly.

You won't see those two weeks flying in Digs. Glad you're feeling well, enjoy it while you can! :) Soon enough we shall have our pregnancy pillows out >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Stellasmurf

Verity. wrote: »
    Thanks Digs! Although we have been told he's a boy I think I won't stop thinking there has been an error until the hospital tells me so too. Scans have never been wrong for me, but a blood test was last pregnancy. The shock of finding out I had a different gender late in my pregnancy :eek: I'm sure the private clinic is right, but I'll get that confirmation from hospital and I'll believe it properly.

You won't see those two weeks flying in Digs. Glad you're feeling well, enjoy it while you can! :) Soon enough we shall have our pregnancy pillows out >.<

Jumping in from the December thread here..you had a wrong result from a blood test?! Aren’t those like 98% accurate? You have me worried now :) we did the harmony test and are expecting a boy..maybe I should hold off on the blue babygros just yet..

Wow Verity that’s mental!! Did they explain what happened for the test to be wrong?

I do actually have the pillow between my legs most nights, I think that’s habit now more than anything!!

SO sorry I have been missing I have had a crazy 3weeks really between kids birthdays holidays and summer camps I'm exhausted , roll on tomorrow my 2girla are going to my sister in Wexford for 2nights and Wednesday morning my little boy will be in crèche and I'm off so I'm going to sit on my arse and do nothing for the morning x

How is everyone doing ?

I was motoring along delighted with feeling so good. A few nights ago while walking I began to feel an all too familiar tightness in my pelvis. It’s escalated to pain turning in bed and I can’t stand on one leg etc
    I’m absolutely raging, was hoping I’d escaped SPD this time as I had it by this stage on both the girls. I suppose I’m an expert at this stage on how to deal with it but I’m still devastated. Booked physio this morning. Really really hoping it doesn’t get as bad as last time, cannot be dealing with crutches and two kids.

Oh and for all my concerns about an anterior placenta kicks have gone crazy this week! My biggest girl has even managed to catch a few with her hands on my tummy. What a difference a week makes, so lovely watching her excitement :)

• Advertisement

Aw digs that's lovely bet your eldest was delighted X

Touch wood I have managed to avoid SPD for the moment I have had it every other pregnancy too but always had it by now,

I'm exhausted here every day I could take a nap no problem in the pm of I had the time 😂😂😂

I’m with you on the tiredness Betsie. Feel like I’ve been hit by a bus all of a sudden. Went to bed at 7 last night and slept until 6:30 and still feel no better. I’m sitting here dreaming of a day or two away on my own, no one asking me for a drink every two minutes.... bliss!

I told hubby that I was going away on my own for a few days before the kids went back to school , you can imagine the answer I got :D

Jumping in from the December thread here..you had a wrong result from a blood test?! Aren’t those like 98% accurate? You have me worried now :) we did the harmony test and are expecting a boy..maybe I should hold off on the blue babygros just yet..
    Sorry I'm only getting to reply to this now, I haven't been on much. Im sorry if I worried you, I'm sure you've gotten the panorama or one of those type tests? They are very thorough so please don't worry!

The blood was sent to this laboratory in the UK. I won't mention company names for fear of a kick in the bum here, but they do all sorts of blood tests as well, such as DNA / paternity and heritage / bloodline type tests. They are no Mickey mouse operation. I just wouldn't use them again, I'll stick with scans I think!
    Wow Verity that’s mental!! Did they explain what happened for the test to be wrong?

They said it was a contamination issue. Either way I got my money back when I showed them a copy of LGs birth cert. I spent a few hundred euro on it, so I was glad to see that back. I have to say though, the shock was unreal. I was all over the place!

In other news, we have been for our hospital scan and it is DEFINITELY a boy. We saw the meat and two veg :D

Sleepless nights have begun, crippling heartburn and sciatica are my top problems at the moment. The sciatica is a new one for me, it's the pits :(

Betsie - Fair play to you getting away before baby is born. I wish I had your drive! At the end of pregnancy I just sit about like a sad whale.

All I'm going to say is tummy bug while pregnant is no fun at all, not that it's ever fun but a baby bouncing around inside you while you feel like utter crap I wouldn't wish it on anyone,

• Advertisement

Betsie I’m sorry to hear that, no fun!! Hope it passes soon for you.

Verify that is mad about the test being wrong! I had no idea that could happen. That must really mess with your head.

I fear I’ve messed up my sciatic nerve too, if that’s what I’m feeling . I have a pain going from my left bum cheek down into my knee and all the way up into my neck. I am like a comma I’m so crippled. I have physio tomorrow because of the SPD so I hope to god they can fix some of the problems, it was all going so well too!!!

Have my anomaly scan this week, so anxious to have it over and done with but excited for another peak at baba too. Kicking up a storm here!

Starting to feel a bit better today but by no means 100% yet X

I have my anomaly scan next Monday and I can't bloody wait, what day is yours digs X

Betsie I’m sorry to hear that, no fun!! Hope it passes soon for you.

Verify that is mad about the test being wrong! I had no idea that could happen. That must really mess with your head.

I fear I’ve messed up my sciatic nerve too, if that’s what I’m feeling . I have a pain going from my left bum cheek down into my knee and all the way up into my neck. I am like a comma I’m so crippled. I have physio tomorrow because of the SPD so I hope to god they can fix some of the problems, it was all going so well too!!!

Have my anomaly scan this week, so anxious to have it over and done with but excited for another peak at baba too. Kicking up a storm here!

Sorry to hear that Digs. It's bloody sore isnt it? I was in tears with it the other day, the dull ache was driving me mad, and I couldn't see to our LG. Well good luck tomorrow, I hope physio can help you out.

You'll love the anomaly, it's a lovely long scan :)

Verity. wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Digs. It's bloody sore isnt it? I was in tears with it the other day, the dull ache was driving me mad, and I couldn't see to our LG. Well good luck tomorrow, I hope physio can help you out.

You'll love the anomaly, it's a lovely long scan :)

Yes, I can completely commiserate with you! I’m having trouble getting the youngest into the cot. I’m a bit useless at the moment. Had to get the 5yr old to help me hoosh for over the bars for her nap.

Scan is Friday morning Betsie! Feels a long time coming but can’t believe it’s here at the same time. I always feel a little more relaxed once the anomaly is done. We randomly had the same lady do both our girls in Holles Street so hoping to walk in and see her as a good omen haha!

Sciatica is so sore I have had it ever other pregnancy so far this time I'm free, I went for reflexology for it and got some relief from it, it's such an annoying pain coz nothing works for it to take away the pain X

Aw wouldn't it be lovely to have the same lady for the 3 of yours X best of luck for Friday morning x will ye find out what ye are having???
    I hear ya I feel like I'm waiting for ages for mine roll on next Monday at 10.30 xx

No team green here Betsie as the Americans would say haha! Spent weeks convinced it was a girl, then a boy, now back to girl again. Sure time will tell :D

Team green here too digs we knew on both our girls on my boy it was a surprise and it was the best surprise ever

Well between physio and an absolutely savage pregnancy massage (anyone in South Dublin I can recommend!), whatever nerve has been pressed has been relieved for now! Total relief.
    Pelvis still a bit rocky but I can deal with that for the moment.

#2 also slept through the night for the first time in what feels like ages, I think her molar is up. Feel able to take on the world today haha

Hope everyone else is well!

Well between physio and an absolutely savage pregnancy massage (anyone in South Dublin I can recommend!), whatever nerve has been pressed has been relieved for now! Total relief.
    Pelvis still a bit rocky but I can deal with that for the moment.

#2 also slept through the night for the first time in what feels like ages, I think her molar is up. Feel able to take on the world today haha

Hope everyone else is well!

Delighted for you on both counts! Honestly, when you've had an even half decent night's sleep behind you it's easier to cope with the days trials ahead.

As I breastfed for 13 months I think our LG was a little behind the curve in sleeping through. I mean that from the angle that breastmilk goes through the system quicker and was looking for more feeds. She's trying to cut a premolar at the moment and it has her all over the place. I seemed to cope better with this stuff when I was in my early twenties, but I did have to go having a second family lol :rolleyes:

Nearly 24 weeks. Where is the time going? :eek:

24weeks today and feeling miserable, still not quite recovered from the tiny bug I had at the weekend,

Delighted for you digs nothing like a good night's sleep, cutting teeth sucks so much that's the part I'm dreading again

• Advertisement

Ah 24 weeks is huge girls! Big milestone, congrats. I’m always relieved to get to that bit. I’m only 21 weeks so a bit behind.

Betsie sorry you’re still feeling so lousy. I’ve heard of two pregnant women with that bug, it sounds very nasty. One ended up in hospital. Have you been checked out, just to make sure you’re not dehydrated?

Yeah was at my gp yesterday and have to pop into him again in the morning, just for him to see for himself how I am, I'm back at the hospital next week anyway so can talk to them too then if I need too

Betsie hope all goes well with the doctor.

Had our scan, baby looks perfect, such a relief. It was so so clear too, could see yawns and hands up to their face etc my placenta is anterior too so that explains the kicks being less violent then my other two :D

Big Relief!!

Aw digs that's brilliant such a relief to know all looks good, were you in their long???

I'm much better today thank god Dr was happy too ,

Glad to hear you’re feeling better Betsie!

I am so relieved. Wasn’t in there too long at all, maybe 15/20 mins? Luckily position was good and she could clearly see everything she wanted to so she didn’t have to spend too much time looking. My second was born with a very small hole in the septum of her heart so she had a good look there and it looked completely fine too!

Aw that's brilliant digs delighted all looked well with the heart too X I'm like a child waiting for Christmas for Monday I'm off work now till next Friday delight with a few days off with little to do x

Ohh best of luck tomorrow Betsie and enjoy being able to put the feet up!!

I am withered today, like a melted welly.

I'm melted with the heat today I find it so humid out I'm after having 3 showers so far and will be having another before I get into bed X

It is horribly sticky alright. I have been thoroughly enjoying the heat so far but this sticky, melty, rainy stuff is gross. We had a visitor into the bed least night and she soaked the sheets through with sweat.
    Hope this morning goes well :)

• Advertisement

I know that feeling digs our 4yr old is more often in our bed then her own :)

Everyone meet Baby Jackson still team surprise here had a lovely morning just me and hubby even got a sneaky coffee together before he had to go back to work

Advertisement