Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2018 Babies

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Sure who doesn't love a good labour chat ;-) No problem.I'd say you're right, take the sweep/exam and hang around the hospital.Given your last two, I'd say odds are that something similar will happen....
    I'm curious whether you will have a boy or girl!!Our little man is doted on, he's a monkey though....loves a good chat (at 15 weeks!) and won't be left out of anything!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

shesty wrote: »
    Sure who doesn't love a good labour chat ;-) No problem.I'd say you're right, take the sweep/exam and hang around the hospital.Given your last two, I'd say odds are that something similar will happen....
    I'm curious whether you will have a boy or girl!!Our little man is doted on, he's a monkey though....loves a good chat (at 15 weeks!) and won't be left out of anything!!

Ahhhh the question of the moment!! All my money is on girl. I really feel like it’s another girl whereas I flitted between up until about 20 weeks. I kind of have in my head now I’ll have 3 girls so I’ll get some shock if it’s a boy. I would be so content with either but I really am getting so so fed up with people telling me they “hope” it’s a boy. I can’t fathom it. I can imagine a little lad amongst little women would be totally doted on!! I think my eldest is just mad to get her hands on an actual baby it hasn’t occurred to her it could be a boy or girl. Although she keeps referring to bump as she and her which is freaking us out a bit! I’m convinced kids have wierd sixth senses!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

ah i go away for a few days and miss loads

on the sweep i have had them on my 1st i had 2 done and nothing went 10 days over and was induced, my 2nd i went 4 days early and on my 3rd i had a sweep on a thursday evening and i had him saturday night, i was driving home from the hospital and i got a few contractions came home went to bed, slept all night, was getting contraction on and off all friday again slept all night, hubby went to work saturday about 2pm they started again and they were every 5 minutes and getting stronger and stronger hubby came home at 5pm rang my mother in law to come over and mind the girls she lives 15 minutes away but didnt get here till 6.45pm got to the hospital at 7.30pm 4 cm and had my beautiful baby boy at 10.29pm

labour 1 from 1st contraction to delivery 11hrs 45 minutes
    labour 2 from waters breaking at home to delivery 30 hours
    labour 3 was by far my easiest 8 hrs +
    fingers crossed labour 4 will be faster again, i kinda have a fear that i will deliver this one in the car i dont know why......

hope everyone is keeping well

im having a bad day today, started with the dog and the cat having a fight this morning, then my daughter tells em she doesnt like her new runners for school that she picked out might i add and has worn so i cant even bring them back, work is crazy busy at the moment and i cant see it calming down any time soon, them i got to my MIL to collect the kids to find out that she had burned a whole in the sleeve of my eldest new coat that i got for school by leaving it on the agga stove to dry............. ended up having a row with her and then she started crying like FFS thats ment to be my job crying :D:D:D:D well i put the lads in the car and i bawled the whole way home, then i got my reminder email for my car tax i had completly forgotten about so to make my self feel better i had chocolate for my dinner.... kids are in bed now and hubby out playing with his car in the rain,i think he is avoiding me and im now internet shopping..........

Betsie my sister in laws sister did actually have her 4th on the side of the road!!! In the car, just as the ambulance got to her!!

It sounds like you’ve had a crappy day you poor thing, hope it starts to look up for you. It’s really tough going trying to keep a house going when you’re pregnant. I’ve been overly emotional today for some reason too, my husband came home to snots and tears but I have just medicated with a Chinese :)

I started going through all the stuff my husband got down from the attic too. I forgot how much 0-3 I kept, I’m absolutely delighted, loads and loads of vests and babygros and most of them are unisex. The girls were so excited looking through them too. Lots of happy tears thinking of them getting to meet their brother or sister :)

Digs wrote: »
    Betsie my sister in laws sister did actually have her 4th on the side of the road!!! In the car, just as the ambulance got to her!!

Don't tell me that digs I'm terrified of having it in the car :)

Don't tell me that digs I'm terrified of having it in the car :)

Don’t worry unduly! Her first 3 births were very similar speeds to mine so the last fella just caught her short. She’s a gas character though, in stitches listening to her tell the story.

Hope today was a better day for you. I’m in full on nest mode. Gone absolutely mad cleaning. All the random stuff I’d usually ignore :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Betsie, i got stopped by a Garda a couple of weeks ago....Sunday evening about 7pm, just about home, 4 yr old, 2 yr old and 13 week old in the back seat....baby was howling and the other pair were having a row.I rolled down the window, he (literally) took one look at the back seat, then politely pointed out to me that my car tax was out of date.Five months out of date.Maybe I could do something about it?

I didn't know whether to hug him for having the cop on to just let it go, or scream at him that I'd had a third baby and had been working full time while pregnant with a 2&3year old, and that car tax was not exactly top of my agenda.He clearly decided it was safer to leave it be!!!!

The simple things in life new bed sheets, new PJs and catching up on bake off, bed too myself till hubby decides to come up and annoy me

Do you have an issue with stiffness at all Betsie? It’s always been a symptom of my SPD but nowhere near as bad as this. When I wake in the night I literally cannot move I’m so tight and stiff. So bizarre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Do you have an issue with stiffness at all Betsie? It’s always been a symptom of my SPD but nowhere near as bad as this. When I wake in the night I literally cannot move I’m so tight and stiff. So bizarre.

Jumping in from October but yes, I get this too with my SPD. If I'm sitting down for a while and try to get up, I walk like a stiff granny for a minute or two until my joints loosen up a bit again!

Jumping in from October but yes, I get this too with my SPD. If I'm sitting down for a while and try to get up, I walk like a stiff granny for a minute or two until my joints loosen up a bit again!

Interesting thanks Catriona! Pain has always been the symptom shouting the loudest on my other pregnancies but this time round the stiffness is another level.

Yep 100% so stiff I can't move when I wake to go to the bathroom during the night it's an effort and a half

In work tonight clinic was over I was sweeping and the was a burr on the floor regular occurrence (a drill bit for dentists) I bent down to pick it up and I have managed to pull a muscle in my back/side don't think I'll be going to work in the morning, just after popping 2 paracetamol in the hope it will ease it a bit.......

Yep 100% so stiff I can't move when I wake to go to the bathroom during the night it's an effort and a half

In work tonight clinic was over I was sweeping and the was a burr on the floor regular occurrence (a drill bit for dentists) I bent down to pick it up and I have managed to pull a muscle in my back/side don't think I'll be going to work in the morning, just after popping 2 paracetamol in the hope it will ease it a bit.......

Oh Betsie that’s lousy sorry to hear it! Hope you feel better today.

I’ve woken up with dead arms and dead legs I think because I’m so stiff I’m not even moving in my sleep!! My anterior placenta is also really annoying me, some kicks can be so strong and then baby feels quiet for ages with the odd flicker here and there. I’m not used it to after my other two. Have a feeling it’s going to drive me mental throughout the third trimester :(

Oh Betsie that’s lousy sorry to hear it! Hope you feel better today.

I’ve woken up with dead arms and dead legs I think because I’m so stiff I’m not even moving in my sleep!! My anterior placenta is also really annoying me, some kicks can be so strong and then baby feels quiet for ages with the odd flicker here and there. I’m not used it to after my other two. Have a feeling it’s going to drive me mental throughout the third trimester :(

So went to work this morning only to be home again by 12 back was not killing me but very achy so I just gave in and went home to lie down for an hour before I had to collect the other kids, I could of stayed in bed for the day, they are all in bed now I have sent hubby to Tesco for chocolate, and I'm sitting with a hot water bottle to my back,

Digs that must be awful, I can't imagine what it must be like to not feel baby all the time X it would drive me crazy too

I hope the chocolate helped Betsie. You poor thing, I so know that feeling of just wanting to be left alone in bed but no choice but to soldier on! I’ve found hiding from my pair does not work haha.

Baby was kicking really hard all night, always happens after I have a freak out about it but the hospital did tell me to come in anytime I’m worried especially with the placenta being anterior. Advice I really should listen to but is so much harder to take when you’ve a couple of kids to organise. Although my husband was insistent last night I tell him if I’m freaked and we’ll figure it out.

• Advertisement

Thanks digs the chocolate helped a bit at the time anyway :) I'm feeling a bit better today bar the usual vomplaints, I told my boss yesterday to sort my replacement asap as I didn't think I'd last much longer x

Glad baby was kicking like mad to reassure you x

You’re dead right Betsie, I hope work sort things out for you!

How’s your June 2016 baby? Mine has been on a steep inclince since 18mths and I think we’re hitting peak terrible twos at the moment!! My husband is “lovingly” referring to her as Damian!! She’s absolutely gas, total cheeky monkey but Christ on a bike, the tantrums, in the mornings, leaving shops, getting into the car!! The full on screams and screeches and “NO MAMMY!!”. I know well enough to ignore her now and keep going but even the older girl is asking her to pipe down as she’s hurting her ears haha!

Also I’m so concerned about the noise levels in the house. My two create so much noise between screeching, shrieking, playing, laughing and fighting I just cannot imagine adding a 3rd!! The neighbours will move :D I’m assuming you’re building a new wing to your house to Home four of them!!

So glad it's not just my house that sounds like a zoo Digs!!!!April 2016 baby and a 2014 baby here, I have two complete chatterboxes.Little man is going to be the same, he is making as many cooing, gurgling and yapping noises as a 16 week old can make.Hardly surprising given what he lives with.OH is an only child, he finds the noise tough going, wants to know is it just our house thats noisy!!!!An army of Paw Patrols are currently residing on my kitchen table ans he's fascinated!!!!

I am comforted Shesty!! You can tell your OH he is definitley not alone :D
    The noise is something else sometimes. They have this rotten “game” where they try to out scream each other, see who can do it the loudest. Followed by raucous laughter. We can’t figure out which is noisier, them fighting or playing!!

I’ve been told repeatedly by older women in the family who’ve had big families themselves (6/7 +) that if you have 3 you may aswell have 10..... that does not bode well for noise and sanity going forward!

• Advertisement

You’re dead right Betsie, I hope work sort things out for you!

How’s your June 2016 baby? Mine has been on a steep inclince since 18mths and I think we’re hitting peak terrible twos at the moment!! My husband is “lovingly” referring to her as Damian!! She’s absolutely gas, total cheeky monkey but Christ on a bike, the tantrums, in the mornings, leaving shops, getting into the car!! The full on screams and screeches and “NO MAMMY!!”. I know well enough to ignore her now and keep going but even the older girl is asking her to pipe down as she’s hurting her ears haha!

Also I’m so concerned about the noise levels in the house. My two create so much noise between screeching, shrieking, playing, laughing and fighting I just cannot imagine adding a 3rd!! The neighbours will move I’m assuming you’re building a new wing to your house to Home four of them!!

digs my 2016 baby is doing my head in with tantrums and mood swings at the moment, there are days id nearly disown him but when he is good he is very very good, im really worried about the noise levels this time round 2 my 2 girls tend to be very loud when they are playing together, i was thinking of putting another telly in the spare room/toy room downstairs but then on the other hand id never see them if i did. we are luck we live out of town i have houses all around me but not joined onto me so they can never complain of the noise :) no extension just doing a massive clear out and im getting rid of loads of stuff that we arent using any more and my trip to ikea for more storage was a massive success :D

everyone tells me that i wont even notice having the extra baby but im already dreading hubby going back to work and having to do the school runs with 4 of them yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Betsie you're superwoman.I'm only doing a playschool run and starting into swimming etc now and it's tough.Can't imagine how you do it.

Thankfully the baby sleeps better in the noise here.If the house is silent he wakes up.He's currently sleeping his naps through the noise of an attic conversion.Don't know how he's doing it.

Betsie you’re a hero! Lately as I’ve been carrying the 2yr old out of a shop mid tantrum while holding the 5yr olds hand (she is very good but still 5 so needs minding!!) I’ve been wondering where does the spare hand come from for the 3rd kid??? I’m assuming a stretchy wrap is going to be my very best friend. We’ve already given in and conceded the car has to be changed to a 7 seater. My mind is boggling when I think of 4!!

I did find going from 0-1 ten times harder then 1-2 so I am probably due a good dose of reality going from 2-3. Although this baby will most certainly have to get on board with sleeping through all sorts of noise!

I wouldn't say I'm a hero, I just do it coz it has to be done , I'm finishing work in 2weeks, m really looking forward to a little break every day when they are in school will give me a chance to get ready for baby and sleep maybe :)

I’m glad to hear you’ve gotten work sorted and a well earned rest is on the way Betsie! I feel like I seriously need a break from this house, I’ve hit a physical and mental wall. I forgot about the adjustment going back to school but the 5yr old is being so so bloody cheeky, answering back, not doing as she’s told, it’s driving us crackers. I know it’s a knock on from being tired etc fitting back into the school routine but Christ I hope it passes soon. The less said about her sister the better too, she is a ball of rage, emotions and stuck to me like Velcro. It’s really getting hard now, all the physical discomfort is ramping up a notch and I am weak with tiredness by the time my husband gets through the door!

I did buy a nice stretchy wrap and a wallaboo footmuff for the car seat. This is my first winter baby, my other two were spring/summer babies so my newborn seasons have switched and I’m really not sure if there’s anything in particular a winter newborn needs!! The other ladies spent the first months of their lives in vests!

I’m glad to hear you’ve gotten work sorted and a well earned rest is on the way Betsie! I feel like I seriously need a break from this house, I’ve hit a physical and mental wall. I forgot about the adjustment going back to school but the 5yr old is being so so bloody cheeky, answering back, not doing as she’s told, it’s driving us crackers. I know it’s a knock on from being tired etc fitting back into the school routine but Christ I hope it passes soon. The less said about her sister the better too, she is a ball of rage, emotions and stuck to me like Velcro. It’s really getting hard now, all the physical discomfort is ramping up a notch and I am weak with tiredness by the time my husband gets through the door!

I did buy a nice stretchy wrap and a wallaboo footmuff for the car seat. This is my first winter baby, my other two were spring/summer babies so my newborn seasons have switched and I’m really not sure if there’s anything in particular a winter newborn needs!! The other ladies spent the first months of their lives in vests!

Well I actually got signed off today till Monday my bp was low have to go back Monday for a recheck and will go from there somehow I don't think I'll be back to work again x

I know it have had all summer babies before like you said spent most of the time in vests etc I don't know what extra I need to get for a winter baby X

My kids are exhausted from school/preschool not used to it at all, after the summer holidays, they will get used to it soon no choice :D:D:D

Haha mine better get used to it soon or she’ll drive me insane. Ah you know one of those days where you get to the end of it and you think no bloody way can I do that again, but you get up the next day and do it! That’s life.

I can’t imagine low BP is a good idea if you’re on your feet all day. I had a very short dose of it early on and I fainted twice, very scary. Mind yourself, although it sounds like home is the best place for you.

The winter baby is why I was cracked to get long sleeved vests a while back. When my husband emptied the attic of all the clothes stored I am ashamed to admit exactly how many unworn long sleeved vests I discovered (obviously not necessary for the June baby). Boy or girl this child has more then enough clothes for 0-3 months.

I re gifted alot of my winter clothes I got as gifts so I still have nothing left :):)

I could give you half and still have too much :O

You just cannot beat Next babygros though. I have some that I used on my first, second and now possibly a third and they are absolutely perfect.

How are you getting on with names? I have two boys names I’d be happy with and just one girl name, my husband loves it. I’m afraid it creates a theme though. Both my daughters names end in an A sound (inadvertently!) and so does this one that we like :(

We are set on a boys name not a clue of a girls name, anything either of us suggests we both don't seem to like it, I have a feeling she will be like Ross and Rachels baby, "baby girl gelleher green"

• Advertisement

If you’re like us then guaranteed it’s a girl! We’ve always come up with a boys name but find girls hard, I like so few of them so Murphy’s law this one is a girl too. We’ll prob go with the one we like, I absolutely love my daughters names so don’t want to drop the ball on our third. My brother and his wife are due a few weeks before us and we’ve very similar taste so it might end up being robbed on us anyway :D

My hubby has made the final decision on names for all ours and I tend to keep up that tradition :):):) it's such a hard decision and I figure I have come all the hard work is his turn .... :D

My OH gives in to whatever name I want post-delivery!!!!
    But we usually have two chosen anyway that we agree on.

I could never give such a task to my husband! We do always agree in the end (80% of that is me laying the ground work for the previous 9 months and making him think it was his idea!). Left to his own devices though he’d be far too adventurous, we’d end up with a girl named Rory or something.

Back to school bliss in full session in this house. Two nights of a tummy bug, just recovered. There’s a special kind of hell being pregnant and minding not only yourself but two small children mid vomits. One particular night at 3am in the loo I consoled myself with the thought I am never ever ever doing this again. I love the newborn stage, the third trimester however can go and sh**e, things are getting bloody hard now. So breathless, no energy, tired, stiff and sore...... yadi yada yada. I will forever be grateful for being able to have these three children (I have pcos!) but am 100% looking forward to reclaiming my body back and never having to suffer SPD in particular again. I am looking forward to spending the rest of my life rolling around my bed at my leisure and sleeping on my belly.

Miserable self indulgent rant over!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭babymakesthree

shesty wrote: »
    My OH gives in to whatever name I want post-delivery!!!!
    But we usually have two chosen anyway that we agree on.

Same here Shesty, we have 3 possible names that we agree on but I definitely have a front runner!

How is everyone doing? I'm signed off work for at the moment BP is low I'm exhausted and sometimes get little dizzy spells nothing major but my GP would prefer me to be at home, 8weeks left can you believe it

Oh Digs ,i hear you.We are done.DONE.

I’m like a broken record but so so done and so unbelievably relieved to have made the realisation! Definitley never felt this on my other two.

Had the worst night, everytime I lay down reflux made me puke everywhere, sorest stomach with trapped gas and not to mention the toilet issues :( absolutely and totally miserable.
    Last I looked at the clock before I finally dropped off it was 4:30am, back up with the girls at 7am as my husband is away. Hanging on for the 2yr olds nap time so I can distract the older one with Netflix while I try and snooze.

Hope everyone else is well, glad you got work sorted Betsie. November cannot come quick enough in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I’m like a broken record but so so done and so unbelievably relieved to have made the realisation! Definitley never felt this on my other two.

Had the worst night, everytime I lay down reflux made me puke everywhere, sorest stomach with trapped gas and not to mention the toilet issues :( absolutely and totally miserable.
    Last I looked at the clock before I finally dropped off it was 4:30am, back up with the girls at 7am as my husband is away. Hanging on for the 2yr olds nap time so I can distract the older one with Netflix while I try and snooze.

Hope everyone else is well, glad you got work sorted Betsie. November cannot come quick enough in my book.

Digs, just jumping in from October. Are you on medication for the reflux? It’s sounds like you need it or need to up dosage

• Advertisement

Digs, just jumping in from October. Are you on medication for the reflux? It’s sounds like you need it or need to up dosage

I think you’re right thanks Mirrorwall! Acidex has been treating it more or less until the last few days, last night was unreal. I have a heap of Zantac 150mg I got OTC in the States but cannot remember the doseage from last time. I’m in with the midwife next week in any case.

I have a horrible feeling anyway that pizza is most definitley off the menu from now on.... to add insult to injury :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I think you’re right thanks Mirrorwall! Acidex has been treating it more or less until the last few days, last night was unreal. I have a heap of Zantac 150mg I got OTC in the States but cannot remember the doseage from last time. I’m in with the midwife next week in any case.

I have a horrible feeling anyway that pizza is most definitley off the menu from now on.... to add insult to injury :(

Oh yeah pizza is horrific!! Zantac 150mg I was on one a day until it stopped working then two a day. I’m on lanzoprazole now once that stopped working lol

Great thanks a mill! I’ll start with the one which I took this morning and see how I go tonight. If there’s a repeat I’ll eat the bloody box!!
    It must be the tomato sauce, such a magical time..... :(

K think I saw every hour on the clock lady night could not sleep or get comfortable, hubby took the kids downstairs at 7 now I still can't sleep coz they are all killing each other down.......

Last week vomits, this week barking coughs, throats and head colds. Joy oh joy oh joy. I wouldn’t mind but at least the other 3 in the house can dose themselves up. I can only medicate with jelly beans :(

Musical beds ensued last night, someone I ended up with two small ladies in with me and the husband ended up in their room!! I will look back in 10 years time and miss this???? Yes??

I am having really bad Braxton hicks though, quite painful. New experience for me. Glad to have a midwife apt this week.

I keep telling myself that I'll miss the bed cuddles but my god I'd bloody well love a night without one of them getting in with me ....

Im killed with Braxton Hicks too nurse at my gps told me I was doing too much that's why they are so bad, I have hospital appointment tomorrow feels like ages since I was there xx

• Advertisement

I was at a wedding at the weekend Digs, reconnecting with good friends I haven't seen in an age.It was great and just reinforced the feeling that this is it, I want my life back now....and I am slowly going to claw it back!!
    I can see myself missing the little person cuddles but a lot of the rest of it, no.I'm dying for the day they can get up and make their own breakfasts!!!

Totally totally on your wavelength Shesty! I find myself daydreaming about all these plans I have for the future lately. Hard to decribe but I just feel ready for the next stage of my life to begin. Although I’m not settled until I have a healthy baby in my arms.

That’s a bummer about the Braxton hicks Betsie although it had crossed my mind. I haven’t a clue how to slow down these days, there are just too many mouths to feed and tooing and froing to do. Although I really feel like my body is roaring at me to give it a break. I just keep repeating to myself nearly there and this too shall pass!! My husband got my gym ball out this evening and I had a nice bounce on it, that is when the other two weren’t using it as a bowling ball in the flippin hallway!!!

Hope the appointment goes well tomorrow. We’re on the home strait now, even if it is all uphill :O

Well 32+5 baby which was head down is now transverse...... On a plus everything else is good, BP is good , bloods are good so can't complain too much, back in 4werks to see did baby move x

Little monkey Betsie! Hopefully they move soon. My first was breech until 36+5 when she finally moved but that’s her in a nutshell.

My yoga teacher was saying no squats or bouncing on the ball (if you were so inclined!) for breech or transverse babies. Loads of exercises on spinningbabies.com if you have any interest in encouraging them down.

Oh that's interesting no bouncing, I'll look up some of them exercises thanks digs x

• Advertisement
Advertisement