Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

November 2018 Babies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

In with the midwife today, all very uneventful which is nice, baby is even head down for now which is lovely of them. I love having the chats with the midwife though, she is so lovely and reassuring. I had to bring the two small ladies with me which was less than ideal but she let them “help” her find the heartbeat with the Doppler and showed them where the baby was lying etc they were so excited. It would make your heart burst!!
    The GP has to come in at the end and just check me over. She’s been my GP since my first pregnancy and seen me through all my kids before and after. She was just saying “my god look at you now!!”. Some days I can’t quite believe I’m having my 3rd baby myself. Time just flies by.

About to watch The Rotunda. Last week had me in floods of tears so I’m not sure why I’m watching it again!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I'm not watching it yet....I'm afraid it will make me too upset that I won't have another one!!!I might catch it on the RTE player later...it was being filmed while I was there.
    Alongside that though, it's exactly what you said Digs....ready to get my life back now!

I cry at every birth, happy and sad!! Last night was no different. Loved the last couple, her birth reminded me of a lengthened version of my last one. I gave birth kneeling up over the back of the bed like she did and I felt like I could read every emotion on her face!! How women are able to labour on their backs blows my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

Digs they tiny 25weeker I wasn't able how that poor woman has gone through the same thing over and over is beyond me xx

Oh Betsie I know! That poor Mam and Dad. And the little mite, he was so tiny. The doctors were so compassionate too. You could tell by their faces when he was born. Would certainly make you count your blessings.
    I thought the male midwife was pure gas. I had seen him on the Late late show, you can tell he loves babies!

Oh he was way too funny, I'd say he would be great craic during labour, hubby world enjoy him anyway I'd say

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Ah I must watch to see him! i had a male midwife on my second and he was super.Absolutely brilliant, so good at his job and good fun.

His name was Sean! 50s, greying with glasses. I wish I could remember my midwives names, my time with them was all too brief everything is a blur but they were fabulous.

Beached on the couch after roast chicken, roast potatoes,, veg, gravy followed by berry crumble and cream :D Nirvana! I have had a full on day of Braxton Hicks, cramps, aches and all sorts. Nothing worth worrying about but I’m bushed.

I'm like that today I'm withered from braxton Hicks all day and hubby, kids are the dog are all withering me too, had a row with hubby then coz I asked him just for once to cook the dinner for me, his reply was he couldn't do that and mind the kids at the same time, wtf do I do every day of the bloody week, I'm just withered from cooking all the time, for once is just like it to be handed up to me without having to do anything

Sorry that turned into slight rant X

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

I'm like that today I'm withered from braxton Hicks all day and hubby, kids are the dog are all withering me too, had a row with hubby then coz I asked him just for once to cook the dinner for me, his reply was he couldn't do that and mind the kids at the same time, wtf do I do every day of the bloody week, I'm just withered from cooking all the time, for once is just like it to be handed up to me without having to do anything

Omg what is it with husbands being unable (or is it unwilling) to mind kids and cook at the same time? Mine is exactly the same. I cook every day and yes, it's really annoying having a toddler repeatedly crawl between your legs while you chop veg, but if the alternative is not to eat then you manage!

• Advertisement

Smartest move I made from day 1 on my first was take myself off from time to time and leave him to get on with things. Hen weekends, away with my Mam/sisters etc so he knew from day 1 exactly how it was. He doesn’t open his gob now and gets on with it. I’m heading away next weekend with my Mam/Aunties etc. Works both ways and he gets away with work or with friends. Not regularly but enough to keep us both going!
    Ladies I suggest if ye get the chance take yourselves off even for the day sometime and leave them to it, they’ll soon learn what the craic is being at home keeping young kids alive alone!!

Betsie I hope you get a nice dinner! I even love having a Chinese take away handed to me :D
    I had another rotten night last night. I have the acid reflux under better control but I have such bad gas pains at night I was seriously wondering if they were contractions. Not to mention diarrhoea (sorry!!!!! Sorry!) but it’s a symptom of the 3rd trimester on all 3 for me it seems. Totally rotten but my digestive system goes to crap..... literally :( everything runs through me.
    I wouldn’t mind but last thing I ate was about 6pm and I was still up all night back and forth to the bathroom.

The thing that pissed me off the most is he is well Able to cook and fend for himself believe me they have never starved when I haven't been here, I just didn't want to cook on a plus though don't was savage and because I cooked or we had stuffing and garlic bread which he wouldn't think of doing ...

Digs I hope you have a better night tonight X the end of pregnancy is awful so many unpleasant side effects x

I’m laughing here Betsie because that’s exactly how I shoot myself in the foot! I love cooking and am a much better cook then he is. So we all know it’s better when I do it, you get the gravy and the stuffing with my dinners :D
    So he’ll do it if needs be but the control freak in me wants to do it myself! Although there are definitley evenings I leave it for him. Dinner is dinner!

I think re my stomach I have to accept I can’t eat my usual portions. It just leaves me feeling rotten come the evening!

Oh I love cooking too digs

My stomach is at me today in after been to the toilet s good few times I don't feel like I have a tummy bug but I was out for breakfast yesterday morning and this morning it could be all the fried foods I'm not really used to that, I'm hoping that's all it is anyway xx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭BABYDOLL

Anyone planning on getting the Flu jab? Or had it on previous pregnancies?

BABYDOLL wrote: »
    Anyone planning on getting the Flu jab? Or had it on previous pregnancies?

Never gotten it before babydoll but I'm getting it next week, I got the worst flu of my life last November I was so so sick I really don't want a repeat this year

I’ll be getting it too. I unfortunately got the flu on my last pregnancy in 2016, which involved hospital, drips, anti viral drugs etc and was the worst experience that I most certainly would not like to repeat pregnant! Any protection I can get I’ll take.

I could have gotten it yesterday when I was in with the midwife but I always feel like crap after every injection I get for some reason (AntiD, whooping cough etc) and I’m going away this weekend so wanted to be in good form. Will go back next week for it.

I should add they gave it to me after I had the flu on my last pregnancy. So I have had it and had no adverse side effects.

Thanks for the replies ladies, i'm going to ring and book it tomorrow, it's taken me 2 weeks to get over a cold so I don't fancy the flu!!

• Advertisement

Do babydoll can't imagine being so sick either heavily pregnant or with a new born x

So, so glad it's not just me.I hand him the baby at any time, and shortly after he's walking round the house after me saying 'can you take him, I have to shower/go to the loo/have something to eat".

Yes, and???how the f%&k do you think I manage all day everyday?Bring him with you, I'm busy!!!!

If it's not that, it's serving the kids food but for some reason not eating at the same time himself and then when I appear and ask him to do something it's "but I haven't eaten my breakfast/lunch/dinner yet"....once more, how the f&%k do you think I manage everyday??He wants to be left sitting in silence at the table for a good 30mins to eat and read his kindle/mess with his phone in peace.The part where those days are long gone seems to go totally over his head. (As I try to walk an overtired baby to sleep in the sling while cooking dinner-for all of us).

Men.And I'm not even pregnant.
    Also a slight rant.Sorry.There are a number of builders in our house (more men) and the cot hasn't been accessible today so I have a whingy overtired baby hanging out of me all day long and I'm exhausted and sore all over.

Ah Jesus Shesty I hope you get a break this evening. That is tough going I hate having workmen in my house, especially with a small baby. I genuinely can’t complain about my husband, I’d be lying, when it comes to the kids he is seriously hands on and totally 50/50 when he’s home but that’s been an evolution from first kid to now. He’s a bit more clueless when there’s a newborn on the scene but never selfish with his time, I wouldn’t have married him though if he were! A friend of mine is due her first baby after me and we are all intrigued to see how her husband will handle it, you wouldn’t believe me if I told you all the lads holidays, golfing days etc he goes on and he’s the type of man who’s under the impression this won’t change! She’s nervous herself though.

I will however complain about my children. I’m hiding from them at the moment. I just want five minutes silence!! Although the one inside me feels like he or she is beating a very large tunnel out my side. I am also totally twisted in my pelvis. Heading away for the weekend tomorrow without my kids and husband, delighted with myself is an understatement!!!

Oh you lucky thing!!
    Ah my husband is not the worst at all (he's currently putting the kids to bed) and is quite hands on but he needs a lot of direction!!!He has no brothers or sisters himself, so the chaos of siblings can overtake him at times.There are just a few habits he has that are particarly annoying.Yes I just feel I have builders all over the house and no privacy or space all day, it's tough at the moment.

Don’t get me wrong, he drives me up the walls a lot!! Not when it comes to the kids though, he lost his parents young and his Dad was very hands off so I think it made him determined to do the opposite, after plenty direction from me ;)
    Your husband certainly does not sound like the worst by a long shot! I can imagine going from an only child to a father of 3 young kids is some game changer for the brain. Will the builders be about long? I’m never good with sharing my space with strangers. I won’t even open the door to the takeaway guy haha!

Some little brat in my daughters class keeps filling her head with nonsense about a monster man who comes into your room at night and giving you nightmares. We are on night two of tears. Give. Me. Strength.

I have gone on strike this weekend, I'm not cooking or cleaning, I have already done the ballet runs today and I have to take my 4year old to a party tomorrow woohoo so I think that's enough ......

• Advertisement

Betsie I hope you had a good relaxing weekend!! I was away without my husband and kids and it was totally enjoyable, such a laugh but between sitting on bar stools and uncomfortable snugs in pubs I’m in a heap haha! Couldn’t manage walking the beach so plonked myself in the cafe and drank coffee!! Was such a nice break but the welcome home was just lovely. My 2 year old especially is never ever without me so she was beyond excited.

Picked up a few bits for the hospital bag which I must stop ignoring. Cannot wrap my head around the fact next month in November. I have a feeling October will be quick!

I packed my bags today all done only last minute bits to be put in like chargers etc

Weekend was grand kinda busy didn't get to relax like I thought I would but sure I can always hope for next weekend haha

Sounds like ye had a lovely little break away and well deserved too xx

I was admitted today, 35 weeks fluid around the baby is low and doppler resistance has increased!
    On the theatre list for tomorrow (baby is transverse) have a final scan at 7.30am to check if issues have resolved themselves but if everything is not perfect I will have my baby tomorrow night.. all a bit surreal 😰🙄🀞

Aw best of luck BABYDOLL keep up posted X

Hope you are doing ok yourself

Holy moly babydoll, the very best of luck!! Let us know how you get on!

• Advertisement

I packed my bags today all done only last minute bits to be put in like chargers etc

Weekend was grand kinda busy didn't get to relax like I thought I would but sure I can always hope for next weekend haha

Sounds like ye had a lovely little break away and well deserved too xx

Betsie you’re a bit ahead of me so you must be on the countdown!! Did you get anything of interest for your bag? I must head to Liffey valley alone some evening this week to get some bits, I so rarely get to a shop alone I need to make the effort before I can’t face it. We did all the Santa shopping online last night too, so relieved that’s done, I’ve a feeling I’ll be preoccupied come December!!

Definitley at the stage where I’m wondering if slippers are acceptable for a trip to the shop/chemist? People keep telling me I have a really roundy bump but it is totally getting in the way of putting shoes on. I haven’t the energy for much this week. Could sleep for a month.

Babydoll hope all is going ok!

Digs wrote: »
    Betsie you’re a bit ahead of me so you must be on the countdown!! Did you get anything of interest for your bag? I must head to Liffey valley alone some evening this week to get some bits, I so rarely get to a shop alone I need to make the effort before I can’t face it. We did all the Santa shopping online last night too, so relieved that’s done, I’ve a feeling I’ll be preoccupied come December!!

Definitley at the stage where I’m wondering if slippers are acceptable for a trip to the shop/chemist? People keep telling me I have a really roundy bump but it is totally getting in the way of putting shoes on. I haven’t the energy for much this week. Could sleep for a month.

No noting out of the ordinary digs certain things I won't go without like flip flops for the shower and my own pillow other then that it's just the basics I have packed X

My bump is totally in the way now of doing everything, cooking, getting dressed, drying my girls hair squeezing into their beds for cuddles and stories it's all getting too much X

BABYDOLL hope all is ok xx

Have to say flip flops are top priority for me. I hope I have a pair somewhere as I can’t imagine it’s the season for them in the shops? I got home within hours last time so could shower at home but if for some reason I amn’t out as quick this time nothing would convince me to shower in the hospital without something on my feet.

I’m really really feeling it too. So sore and stiff and uncomfortable, the cracking out of my pelvis is nauseating. Not to mention tired physically and so so breathless. The cursing out of me when I drop something onto the floors these days!!! I said to my husband last night I am exhausted in advance of the next few weeks, knowing what’s ahead of you has it’s pros and cons!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Just a heads up on the flip flops/hospital bag. I’m here in the Coombe at 38 weeks and the slippers I had bought for the hopsital bag don’t fit-I’m a full two sizes up with swelling! Just something to bear in mind for packing. Flip flops wouldn’t go near them right now

God yeah good point mirrowall, thanks! Now I think of it I vaguely remember squashing feet resembling trotters into flip flops on my first. Might raid my husbands collection if the shops have none. I did have the sense to buy bigger slippers at the weekend, the bloating has started already, I tend to get very bad in the last trimester, my rings are long gone.

I hope your hospital stay is comfortable and not too noisy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

God yeah good point mirrowall, thanks! Now I think of it I vaguely remember squashing feet resembling trotters into flip flops on my first. Might raid my husbands collection if the shops have none. I did have the sense to buy bigger slippers at the weekend, the bloating has started already, I tend to get very bad in the last trimester, my rings are long gone.

I hope your hospital stay is comfortable and not too noisy!!

My rings are long gone now too! Ladies are lovely and hopefully they’ll either release me or induce so it shouldn’t be too long either way

I always bring flip flops and slipper in bigger sizes they end up in the bin once I'm home anyway

Made it to Liffey valley, got most of the bits for my bag. It wasn’t pretty, plenty sitting down, waddling and breathing through the pain in my pelvis. I am feeling extremely pregnant lately!!

Bought newborn Nappies and am here yet again amazed I am going to have a little person small enough to fit in them. I’m not able!
    They have to be hidden or the other pair will rob them for their dolls.

They will LOVE the baby Digs-if my pair are anything to go by.See they still have each other, and now this "cuuuuttttte little brudder" (paraphrasing my two year old).
    Ah I am sure they will be delighted with it. :-)

I know very soon we will have little bundles tiny little people to look after again and wild ones too that need us it's crazy X

I have already had to get nappies off the girls that they opened and were on teddies and dolls :):):)

• Advertisement

I have no doubt they will! The older girl is absolutely dying to get her hands on the baby, great plans to change nappies, mind it and cuddle it. I fear a case of cuckoo syndrome haha! Younger lady is mad to peep into prams, loves kissing the bump and is very gentle with her dolls but I’m interested to see how the reality of Mammy with a baby hits her. I should have a new niece or nephew by the end of next week so a few cuddles with that baby should tell a tale!

I packed my hospital bag anyway! Couldn’t tell you for the life of me what’s in there but it’s done anyway. Hoping to god I’m out quick smart again and barely have to open it.

My shortest stay was 2nights I'd love to be in and out quick but in the other hand I don't mind staying too much, at least your packed and ready to go now X

I collected the crib from my mother's today and got a new mattress for it so I'm all ready now baby can come any day I'm ready haha XX except baby is still lying with its head hurried into my hip :-(:-(:-(

Oh flip does that mean baby is transverse? Or just making you really uncomfortable? Either way hopefully they move soon!! I’m back in the hospital tomorrow myself and will be interested to see what position mine is in, the acrobatics the last day are another level.

I’m just a very bad patient I think, to the point I don’t think even a private room would suit me. I just love my own space and my own bed. I stayed two nights on my first and absolutely hated it, didn’t sleep a wink with the noise, ate nothing and hated the lack of privacy. The midwives, while lovely were far too busy to help at all so I may aswell have been at home. Second lady I was out in hours, as soon as a paediatric doctor was about to discharge me. Nothing could have convinced me to stay unless of course there was a medical issue with myself or baby, thankfully there wasn’t. The wards were so busy they were happy to let me go anyway. Other Mams feel differently of course but that would be my choice so hoping I can do the same again.

I’m dreaming of coming home with a delicious smelling newborn and crawling into my own bed with fresh sheets. I am fortunate though that my folks are only up the road so can hold onto the two small ladies for us for a night or two. Unless of course with a new baby in the house they get upset and want to stay home but I’d be surprised, sleepovers in Granny & Grandads are high on their list of favourite things!!

Sorry for the delayed response, the fluid had dropped even further on Tuesday and my little girl was delivered on Tuesday morning, weighing 4lbs 6oz..she is in NICU & doing really well.
    Absolutely delighted she has arrived safely

Yep baby is transverse and making me feel very uncomfortable ;-)
    Sorry for the delayed response, the fluid had dropped even further on Tuesday and my little girl was delivered on Tuesday morning, weighing 4lbs 6oz..she is in NICU & doing really well.

Babydoll delighted to hear from you hopefully all is well with you and baby xx

Ah that’s super! Huge congrats, what a little dolly!! I hope she’s fit and well and out of NICU really soon :)

Baby was head down yesterday. Very low too. I advised my consultant I am having this baby by 40 weeks, I deserve at least one baby to be on time and she totally agreed and said she’d see what she could do haha! She also gave me losec so I’m like a new woman. She is my new favourite person!

She also said they’re blaming storm Emma on why the hospital is so busy next month.... guilty!!!

:D I was just before storm Emma haha X

Glad baby is head down for your digs say a prayer for me for next week that baby will have moved from transverse,

Braxton Hicks are really intensifying over the last few days really starting to get over been pregnant, j can't wait to be able to roll over in bed or be able to lie on my stomach or even get down on the floor to play with the kids X don't get me wrong, I do t mind being pregnant and I know this is my very very last I should be trying to enjoy every minute but I feel like I'm cooked now at this stage x

I will have everything crossed for you! Would be so annoying if baby didn’t turn for you. You haven’t needed a section before have you?

Totally totally commiserate with you about finding it tough. It just is!! This is most certainly my last too and if I’m brutally honest it’s that thought that’s pulling me through. I’ve been telling myself to “enjoy” it but I’ll hold my hands up, I just cannot enjoy feeing like crap and that’s ok too. The nights for me are getting really hard. Lying down is so painful, I don’t think I have restless legs but I have these constant shooting aches and pains all over my legs so between that and the SPD I just cannot get comfy.

Losec is a godsend though. I had such bad indigestion and reflux for the last few weeks it was making me so miserable. I am truly grateful for it!

• Advertisement

I will have everything crossed for you! Would be so annoying if baby didn’t turn for you. You haven’t needed a section before have you?

Totally totally commiserate with you about finding it tough. It just is!! This is most certainly my last too and if I’m brutally honest it’s that thought that’s pulling me through. I’ve been telling myself to “enjoy” it but I’ll hold my hands up, I just cannot enjoy feeing like crap and that’s ok too. The nights for me are getting really hard. Lying down is so painful, I don’t think I have restless legs but I have these constant shooting aches and pains all over my legs so between that and the SPD I just cannot get comfy.

Losec is a godsend though. I had such bad indigestion and reflux for the last few weeks it was making me so miserable. I am truly grateful for it!

No have never had a section before, the only thing if I have to have a section I will be asking for my tubes to be tied which could be a plus!!!!

Greeting comfortable just does not exist any more, I have hot water bottles to my back, hips killing me too.... Just a little over 4 weeks left for me so I'm kinda on the countdown ish X

Glad your getting done relief from the reflux at least that's something anyway xx

Advertisement