Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec alarm control panel beeping

Options
  • 04-03-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi, moved into an old house and there is an Astec alarm. “Fault” has always been flashing on the control panel but the control panel is now beeping. Two beeps every couple of minutes.

We are able to set the alarm and it comes on no problem.

Any ideas before I call someone out??I’ve read the previous threads that say they’ve discontinued.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

On top of the display it will have a number - what is it?

The beep every couple of minutes is more than likely not the burglar alarm but your smoke alarm.

Edit: just saw the picture. That a service interval indicator which will come after a preprogrammed period of time. Nothing g to worry about but might be a good idea to get it serviced anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

On top of the display it will have a number - what is it?

The beep every couple of minutes is more than likely not the burglar alarm but your smoke alarm.

Edit: just saw the picture. That a service interval indicator which will come after a preprogrammed period of time. Nothing g to worry about but might be a good idea to get it serviced anyway.

I didn’t think there is a smoke alarm attached to the system but I’ll have another look. The beeping is driving us mad!

You got me wrong. The beeping could be coming from your mains fed smoke alarms that aren't connected to the burglar alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

You got me wrong. The beeping could be coming from your mains fed smoke alarms that aren't connected to the burglar alarm.

Ah right. There’s no mains wired smoke alarm. The beeping is coming from the control alarm.

Ah right. There’s no mains wired smoke alarm. The beeping is coming from the control alarm.

That system doesn't ever beep twice every few minutes as an indication of anything. I'd be nearly certain it's a smoke detector somewhere looking for a new battery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement