If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundbar recomendaton

Options
  • 04-03-2018 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, 
    I'm looking for a recommendation for a soundbar for my parents television. My father is hard of hearing and recent bought wireless rf headphones for use with the tv, however these plug into the headphone jack and so it means no one else can listen with him. 

I suggested a soundbar that they could connect to the digital output of the TV, allowing both the headphones and soundbar to transmit sound. checking the back of their set i can see they have digital audio out, but not optical. This should still work right? Sound quality is not really important, but it should it really work with a standard SKY remote.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi guys, 
    I'm looking for a recommendation for a soundbar for my parents television. My father is hard of hearing and recent bought wireless rf headphones for use with the tv, however these plug into the headphone jack and so it means no one else can listen with him. 

I suggested a soundbar that they could connect to the digital output of the TV, allowing both the headphones and soundbar to transmit sound. checking the back of their set i can see they have digital audio out, but not optical. This should still work right? Sound quality is not really important, but it should it really work with a standard SKY remote.

Any suggestions?
    Hi CrookedJack.

Thanks for the post.

What TV is it that your father has?

I would need to check that it would still output audio via co-ax if the headphones are connected.

Some override the TV speakers but some can override all audio including optical and Co-Ax outputs.

Do you have a budget in mind?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.