Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which eircom/eir incoming server?

Options
  • 04-03-2018 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Email’s working - I just need the mail server names for setting Gmail as a POP client.  (I’m helping my husband (D) to get upgraded from the old version of eircom/eir webmail to the new one, and he just needs first to still get his messages in the downtime between).

I can’t look in the computer (out of action, so using my phone).  A lot of searching of eir’s website & forums, still hasn’t confirmed the correct incoming server for either D or myself.  (And it doesn’t seem to be in email headers).

We’re both former Eircom/eir customers, both still using our eircom.net addresses (but not on the same webmail version).  In what circumstances are webmail.eircom.net or webmail.eir.ie (or something else) the correct server?  My only relevant result was a link given in one forum to a FAQ, “What are the eir email settings”  but I got ‘Page not found, and the link was dead.  (And several pages into the results for what seemed the best keywords).

I’m still also confused about the differences between the 2 webmail versions - do they have different incoming servers?  And I’ve got the vague impression that the old webmail version is POP only, and the new one IMAP only - is that correct?  

The answer’s the last bit of the jigsaw before D sends the email that sets off the migration process.  And the sooner the better (so D can log into his webmail and hopefully avoid losing his eircom.net address!).  So I’m posting before the Reps are back in case someone else out there has the answers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Fogmatic wrote: »
    Email’s working - I just need the mail server names for setting Gmail as a POP client.  (I’m helping my husband (D) to get upgraded from the old version of eircom/eir webmail to the new one, and he just needs first to still get his messages in the downtime between).

I can’t look in the computer (out of action, so using my phone).  A lot of searching of eir’s website & forums, still hasn’t confirmed the correct incoming server for either D or myself.  (And it doesn’t seem to be in email headers).

We’re both former Eircom/eir customers, both still using our eircom.net addresses (but not on the same webmail version).  In what circumstances are webmail.eircom.net or webmail.eir.ie (or something else) the correct server?  My only relevant result was a link given in one forum to a FAQ, “What are the eir email settings”  but I got ‘Page not found, and the link was dead.  (And several pages into the results for what seemed the best keywords).

I’m still also confused about the differences between the 2 webmail versions - do they have different incoming servers?  And I’ve got the vague impression that the old webmail version is POP only, and the new one IMAP only - is that correct?  

The answer’s the last bit of the jigsaw before D sends the email that sets off the migration process.  And the sooner the better (so D can log into his webmail and hopefully avoid losing his eircom.net address!).  So I’m posting before the Reps are back in case someone else out there has the answers.
    Hi Fogmatic, 

I've responded to you on your other thread there now. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

Thanks for your response to the other thread, Tracey.  I'm a bit confused though - not sure which info you mean that you wouldn’t be aware of from your department.  And I thought 1890260260 was for existing Eircom broadband customers?  (Broadband was never a possibility via our phone line).

Anyway, all I need now is that info re eircom/eir’s incoming servers.

Thanks!

Fogmatic wrote: »
    Thanks for your response to the other thread, Tracey.  I'm a bit confused though - not sure which info you mean that you wouldn’t be aware of from your department.  And I thought 1890260260 was for existing Eircom broadband customers?  (Broadband was never a possibility via our phone line).

Anyway, all I need now is that info re eircom/eir’s incoming servers.

Thanks!

In relation to email queries, I'm afraid we are not technician support through here.

The support team have provided these incoming server details to me.

The old one is - Incoming: webmail.eircom.net

outgoing: mail1.eircom.net
    ports incoming: 110
    ports outgoing: 25
    SSL not enabled

The new one is - zimbra enable

Incoming: webmail.eircom.net
    outgoing: mail1.eircom.net
    ports incoming: 110
    SMTPports outgoing:25

They have also advised the incoming settings depend on what protocol the user wants to use and whether they want to use SSL for mail retrieval.

POP SSL
    Server: webmail.eircom.net
    Port: 995

IMAP
    Server: webmail.eircom.net
    Port: 143

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Tracey

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

That was just the ticket, Tracey - thanks