Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any affordable musicians for pagan wedding ceremony?

Options
  • 04-03-2018 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have for almost 6 months been looking for someone, or a duo, that would help me getting some pagan and nordic folk sounds for my wedding ceremony. It seem to be IMPOSSIBLE unless I can pay €500 or more (for only 1.5 hours maximum).

I am from Sweden and we are going to have a civil ceremony, really short, with over 100 guests from all over the world, outdoors, with a fun maypole dance to follow. I have 1 or 2 Swedish songs I would like to be played, plus songs from Enya, Ed Sheeran and happy pagan and folk beats for the maypole dance itself.

What bugs me is that I found a really nice lad that is a student, non-professional, who's sister also plays violin, that said he would do it for me for like €100-€150. I was so happy and knew that I couldn't expect any amazing professional music for those money but thought it was a great deal and an opportunity for him to start as a busker (as he claimed he wanted to do). 2 months later, when I tried to make the final arrangements for the wedding to come, he suddenly say it is too much work for him to learn any new songs and that he wanted at least triple the amount. So now I don't have anyone but am looking like crazy.

The wedding is on 26th of May and the ceremony starts at 4pm. Do anybody have any advice, tips or ideas on any affordable band, musician, violinist, orchestra either in Dublin area or that would travel, that would love to and could help me with live pagan, nordic, folk, trad-like, celtic music? I would take someone just starting out and need some experience, portfolio, extra cash that is necessarily not a pro, but still knows how to play and is willing to learn some new songs. I would be willing to pay €200.

I am hoping someone is able to help.

Cheers!

Comments

Advertisement