Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Transformer Blown

Options
  • 04-03-2018 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi, courtesy of an ESB overvoltage problem in my area over a period of two days during the recent storms, my alarm's transformer has overheated and is now inoperative. I know it's definitely the transformer as I've done continuity checks on the windings. The part number is HKC CCT-1001. Could someone help me find one of these transformers, new or secondhand, in the North Dublin area please?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most suppliers would sort you out with something new.
    I have some lying around if your happy with a secondhand one your more than welcome to one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paudie45

Thanks a million CoolKid. Id be more than happy with a secondhand Traffo. Can I pm you to arrange collection and payment?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Wont be wanting payment.:) I'll PM you my number & we can arrange something tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paudie45

Very kind of you, thanks. I got the pm and will contact you on your mobile no. tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Shadow-Lord

Hi Koolkid,

Would you have another one of these second hand transformers please.

• Advertisement

Might no have a HKC one but certainly something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Shadow-Lord

KoolKid wrote: »

Great thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bmrenr

KoolKid wrote: »

Hi the transformer has blown on my HKC alarm would you be able to direct as to where I would get a new transformer or a part no for something similar it's part no is HKC cct-1001.
    Regards,
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Bmrenr wrote: »
    Hi the transformer has blown on my HKC alarm would you be able to direct as to where I would get a new transformer or a part no for something similar it's part no is HKC cct-1001.
    Regards,
    Tom.

Try some of the suppliers on the list here.
    That panel is obsolete now but you may get one or try adverts for a second hand one.

Advertisement