Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage query

• 04-03-2018 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks.

Hoping yea can advise me on the following:

I'm mortgage approved with AIB and KBC and currently looking for a property. I've just been headhunted for a new job and accepted the position. The salary is higher, it's a permanent position and there is no probation.

1/ Will taking this job affect my current mortgage offers?

2/ Can I go back to the banks to request a higher mortgage (based on higher salary) or do I have to wait until I've been in the new job for a set amount of time?

I'm nervous about this as I know the banks have recently changed the requirements on mortgage exceptions and I might not meet them now, even though new job is a higher salary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

If it's the same type of work and your not on probation it should make no difference to your approval and if you require a higher amount you need to get a new salary cert. completed and your first payslip..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Trish56 wrote: »
    If it's the same type of work and your not on probation it should make no difference to your approval and if you require a higher amount you need to get a new salary cert. completed and your first payslip..

It's the same position, just a different company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Will be no problem so they just probably need a payslip from new Company.

Advertisement