Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best podcast app for Samsung?

• 04-03-2018 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭

In a phone upgrade I got a Samsung. I am happy to change (previously used iPhones mainly) and the Samsung has a much better camera and I take a lot of pictures so Im happy with that.

I also listen to a lot of podcasts and Patreon. Any idea if I can use Patreon on the Samsung?

Also what is a good podcast app for me to use, and are all podcasts available on all apps, or is it just something that depends on the provider?

I should say I don't have the new phone yet, I want to do my research before I get it in the shop. I don't know anybody who has a Samsung to ask

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Pocketcasts here too. Great app, can't fault it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭jones

Pocketcasts here too on Samsung s8+

• Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

+3 for pocketcasts

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭midger

Acast for me on my s8, really excellent layout and easy to navigate. And no paid subscription too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

FYI: replace "a Samsung" with "an android" - the same apps run on LG, Sony, HTC, Google etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭shannonman81

I used podcast republic for years. And then switched to pocketcasts, I tried it for a while but ended up going back to podcast republic. It's probably just a case of sticking to what you know but I just preferred it to pocket casts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Thank you so much. Do you know if theres anything I can do about being able to access my music stored on iCloud / iPhone or apple account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,277 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I use Podcast Addict. The tick box to use the iTunes podcast search engine is usually good for finding even those obscure niche podcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Podcast addict is perfect and free aswell

player fm is great too.

Advertisement