Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus and Ryanair plan agree to offer flight connections

Options
  • 04-03-2018 11:10pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I thought that this was enough to warrant its own discussion seperate from the ASL thread.

Ryanair and Aer Lingus are ploughing ahead with an agreement to feed Aer Lingus' long haul operations at Dublin, with connecting flights to be offered to destinations on Ryanair's European network.

This has been coming for sometime with the lack of EI short haul expansion in comparison to it's widescale long haul expansion seen as of late.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/aer-lingus-and-ryanair-aim-high-with-ticket-tie-up-5jnnwrmdr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭plodder

RyanAer
    very good :)

The details should be interesting though, like will it include baggage transfer?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

plodder wrote: »
    RyanAer
    very good :)

The details should be interesting though, like will it include baggage transfer?

It would be pointless if it didn’t

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭plodder

Locker10a wrote: »
    I wouldn't say entirely pointless, but baggage interlining is one of the major benefits, without a doubt. It's just the impression you get from the article is that it's being done at arm's length through a third party, maybe a bit like what skyscanner and the like does. But, I agree it should be more than that to really unlock the potential.

plodder wrote: »
    Locker10a wrote: »
    I wouldn't say entirely pointless, but baggage interlining is one of the major benefits, without a doubt. It's just the impression you get from the article is that it's being done at arm's length through a third party, maybe a bit like what skyscanner and the like does. But, I agree it should be more than that to really unlock the potential.
    What will be interesting is how connecting passengers hand luggage is treated? Will they get “priority boarding” to be allowed bring a case onboard ? Or will they have to check in any hand luggage like everyone else and collect it before they get their connection flight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Protected transfers would be a big deal.

Protected transfers would be a big deal.
    Yeah I believe that’s why it took months to iron out, so the transfers will be seamless and protected and attractive option to passengers

Advertisement