Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

25sqm shed - 5.3high with 1.3 below ground

• 04-03-2018 11:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭

I have a question about a shed thats under 25sqm. The way my foundation worked out, I had to dig about 1.5m below "level" ground to hit solid ground. there is about 1.3m now in solid block from foundation to level ground. insted of burring the cavity was thinking poring the floor at foundation level and making two floors in the shed. Would both floors go towards the 25sqm or only the ground floor?
    So basicly it would be a two storey shed, the total height of the shed would be 5.3 meters with 1.3 meters of it below ground. bottom floor would be 25sqm and second floor probaly 20ish....id say

would the council have any problem with this if they ever looked at it?

If i did have the floor at ground level, any objections from council to a 1m high cellar below it?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have a question about a shed thats under 25sqm. The way my foundation worked out, I had to dig about 1.5m below "level" ground to hit solid ground. there is about 1.3m now in solid block from foundation to level ground. insted of burring the cavity was thinking poring the floor at foundation level and making two floors in the shed. Would both floors go towards the 25sqm or only the ground floor?
    So basicly it would be a two storey shed, the total height of the shed would be 5.3 meters with 1.3 meters of it below ground. bottom floor would be 25sqm and second floor probaly 20ish....id say

would the council have any problem with this if they ever looked at it?

If i did have the floor at ground level, any objections from council to a 1m high cellar below it?

Don’t think the council will have a problem, but it may require planning permission for them not to have a problem.

You now may have :

Shed higher than the exempted limits
    Change of ground level above the exempted limits
    Floor area of the shed more than the exempted limits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭howyegettinon1

thanks kceire, only the foundation is in and the blocks are up to ground level. so if planning permission will be required, im probably better of apllying for it now and get plannig permission for a 6m high shed from ground level.

If i go down the route of PP, what are the costs? I read drawings and application is about 650ish. Is there any other cost down the line i.e inspections or anything like that?? or is that it?

another question regarding PP - is there any limitations to how close the shed can be to the boundry or power lines?
    Im about 1m from the boundry hedge - and about 2.5m to the neighbours lane
    the power lines at the closest point to the shed are about 20-30 meters away

house is down the counry btw and my neighbour closest to the shed is about 5 acres away

€650 is extremely cheap for s planning application, even for a shed.
    The drawings required, newspaper notice, maps and printing.

No commencement notice required as it’s a shed.
    You may nenes certification to confirm the shed is built as per the planning (best to get this now instead of later imo)

Power lines should be ok but your agent doing the planning would have to check if there’s any way leaves etc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,143 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

I read drawings and application is about 650ish. y

May I ask where you read this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,608 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

BryanF wrote: »
    May I ask where you read this?

Probably read one of the Eastern European sites that provide this service, based on a standard house design and standard planning application.
    I know there were a number of Polish folk who left here and went home offering the service for about that money to Irish folk.
    Apart from the standard design, there was no enginnering input

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Advertisement

read it on boards. but someone did say it was very cheap on that thread. Im not sure TBH i havnet rang around to price it, that why im asking ball park how much will it cost me all in going down the planning route

read it on boards. but someone did say it was very cheap on that thread. Im not sure TBH i havnet rang around to price it, that why im asking ball park how much will it cost me all in going down the planning route

My opinion is that it depend son who/what professional you use but id imagine €1k plus to include all external costs such as newspaper, OSi Maps, Site notice, Application fee etc

kceire wrote: »
    My opinion is that it depend son who/what professional you use but id imagine €1k plus to include all external costs such as newspaper, OSi Maps, Site notice, Application fee etc

got a few prices today. about 1000-1200 plus vat then you external costs
    so realisticly all in it would be around 1200-1600euro

got a few prices today. about 1000-1200 plus vat then you external costs
    so realisticly all in it would be around 1200-1600euro

How is the lowest price only added 200 but the highest price added 400?

Take the lowest price you got :

€1000 plus 23% VAT = 1230
    Newspaper Notice = 200
    OSi Maps = 80
    App Fee = 34
    Printing and Site Notice Costs = 100ish (unless included in the initial figure)

Id say the minimum will be about €1650ish based on your figures you were quoted

kceire wrote: »
    How is the lowest price only added 200 but the highest price added 400?

Take the lowest price you got :

€1000 plus 23% VAT = 1230
    Newspaper Notice = 200
    OSi Maps = 80
    App Fee = 34
    Printing and Site Notice Costs = 100ish (unless included in the initial figure)

Id say the minimum will be about €1650ish based on your figures you were quoted

My prices were very rough, over 1.2k wasnt worth it for me,(ill get the walls to roof level with that and probably half of the concrete floor poured) so i didnt calculate with accuracy

Thanks for specifing the correct details and costs for everytrhing
    Hopefully this comes in handy for any one else looking for shed planning permsion costs/prices

I would not have thought 200 for newspaper notice either - thought that would have been about 30ish

• Advertisement
Advertisement