Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Navy suit with grey waistcoat

• 05-03-2018 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a nice navy 3 piece suit. I’ve a wedding on Friday and was thinking of pairing it with light grey waistcoat to change it up a bit. Would this look a bit ott as a guest, as in is it more a thing for the bridal party? Something like the image attached.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Hi Guys,

I have a nice navy 3 piece suit. I’ve a wedding on Friday and was thinking of pairing it with light grey waistcoat to change it up a bit. Would this look a bit ott as a guest, as in is it more a thing for the bridal party? Something like the image attached.

Thanks in advance

I love this look, but like you said at a wedding it might read a bit more "bridal party".

If you do it I'd recommend keeping the rest (shirt, tie etc) fairly plain, or if you know them, maybe check in with the groom or one of the groomsmen to make sure that it won't look odd with what they're wearing.

If you want to mix it up you could try a bowtie or a patterned shirt with the navy 3-piece, it'll still stand out a bit (almost all guys wear plain shirts to weddings) but still look like a guest rather than wannabe groomsman. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

That’s a good idea regarding the patterned shirt. I may try that instead. Thanks

Advertisement