Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 a side

• 05-03-2018 1:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hiya,

Will be moving upto Limerick for a couple of months for work. Just wondering if theres any astro football i could get involved with for the time im up there. Nothing too serious just for a run around keep the fitness up. Any response is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Hiya,

Will be moving upto Limerick for a couple of months for work. Just wondering if theres any astro football i could get involved with for the time im up there. Nothing too serious just for a run around keep the fitness up. Any response is appreciated!

Hey Jimmaaaay. Drop me a PM when you're settled in. I'm involved in 2 or 3 games per week. Always looking for a few more regulars.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimmaaay_96

Hi man,

Thanks for the response i sure will. I will be doing nothing after work so a bit of astro football is always something good to look forward to :) Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Hey I think you tried to send me a pm but my inbox was full. Can you send again? Sorry!

callaway92 wrote: »
    Hey I think you tried to send me a pm but my inbox was full. Can you send again? Sorry!

I did. And I will. ;P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭vangough

Just wondering where you play astro usually? Also what is the standard like, I like playing ball but probably wouldnt be the fittest these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Hooked wrote: »
    Hey Jimmaaaay. Drop me a PM when you're settled in. I'm involved in 2 or 3 games per week. Always looking for a few more regulars.

Hey...I'd be very interested too, I'm Living in Limerick but still travelling to Tipperary three times a week for games, a local game would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Shox2711

Feel free to drop me a PM if yer interested. Thursday's in Delta. Nothing serious at all, out of the 10-12 of us that go, maybe 2-3 are actually fit haha.

vangough wrote: »
    Just wondering where you play astro usually? Also what is the standard like, I like playing ball but probably wouldnt be the fittest these days!

Either in delta sports dome or UL Astro. Standard is similar in most games I play. Most have decent skill and are fairly fit.

But those who are not as skilled (like me) make up for it with pace and passing. I never played as a young fella. And the 'out of shape' lads do just fine as they usually have great feet.

In short, no one stands out - or is out of their depth. It's just for fitness / bit of craic after all. Nothing too serious

This morning the ages ranged from 18 right up to late fifties/60. Everyone was equally involved.

Cheers lads....something I might at in the Summer once I am back but sounds good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Would be interested aswell I'm 33 have no fitness but would love to get back at a bit of football

• Advertisement

Would be interested aswell I'm 33 have no fitness but would love to get back at a bit of football

At this rate we could start our own 5 a side! I've another lad who wants a game too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I'll pm one of ye during the week. Back in Limerick Monday eve. Most weeks I can play any day instead of gym!

Hooked wrote: »

Hiya, I sent you a message there last night not sure if you received it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Seen as there is so many interested, me included, why don't we just start our on 5 a side ??

Seen as there is so many interested, me included, why don't we just start our on 5 a side ??

Hi lads can anyone interested in a game please pm me your number. I recruited 6 lads from the pub the other night who are also mad to start a game. We're all out in patrickswell so either the pitch in Mungret or Delta sports some suits us. We're also thinking Wednesday night. Could people interested in a game just send their number and I'll create a WhatsApp group.

Hi lads can anyone interested in a game please pm me your number. I recruited 6 lads from the pub the other night who are also mad to start a game. We're all out in patrickswell so either the pitch in Mungret or Delta sports some suits us. We're also thinking Wednesday night. Could people interested in a game just send their number and I'll create a WhatsApp group.

PM sent. Am available any night . Any idea when you plan on starting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

What's the latest on this?

Over 40 and will fight anyone for the goal (after 90 seconds of being outfield!) :pac:

PM Sent too. Thanks

Pm sent aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Might have enough for two nights.

Night one - Young bucks

Night two - Just above walking football level :D

• Advertisement

Might have enough for two nights.

Night one - Young bucks

Night two - Just above walking football level :D

Night two for me :D

Hey lads 5 of ye have messaged me, great start!
    Thats 11 so far, I'll set up the whatsapp group when theres a few more so we've a choice of 5, 6 or 7 a side or at least a pool of lads as some won't be able to make it etc, we'll know where to book then.

This is going to be a completely new game, I've no idea of fitness levels or skill of anyone but if ye're anything like me the standard will be fairly atrocious :D

Make that 12 I've a mate up for it aswell . He's not using WhatsApp

Hey lads 5 of ye have messaged me, great start!
    Thats 11 so far, I'll set up the whatsapp group when theres a few more so we've a choice of 5, 6 or 7 a side or at least a pool of lads as some won't be able to make it etc, we'll know where to book then.

This is going to be a completely new game, I've no idea of fitness levels or skill of anyone but if ye're anything like me the standard will be fairly atrocious :D

Not much use to ye now but I'll definitely be up for playing in July when I am back in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

I would be interested in this, preferably in the Delta, as I am based out that side of town

Potato Man wrote: »
    I would be interested in this, preferably in the Delta, as I am based out that side of town

Me too. I already play wed night there so available most other days.

Have ye a fixed time slot and location?

Just googled Delta. I'm out if that's the venue anyway. I'd be traveling a fair bit from east of county already

Sorry, is Delta in castletroy? It's mungret that's too far for me. Would love a game this week if at all possible

Would be delta for me aswell

OK lads, if Delta would ever pick their phone up I'd have this booked by now, I've 10 numbers so far including myself, just waiting to find out what times are available with Delta on Wednesday nights. I'll fire the whatsapp group up once that's confirmed, we'll aim for 8pm that gives everyone a chance to get home from work and have a bit of dinner before battle.

If anyone else is interested just PM me your number and I'll add you or if you know of anyone else wanting a game, usually I find you need a pool of about 15 lads to make up a 5-a-side every week anyway.

• Advertisement

OK lads, if Delta would ever pick their phone up I'd have this booked by now, I've 10 numbers so far including myself, just waiting to find out what times are available with Delta on Wednesday nights. I'll fire the whatsapp group up once that's confirmed, we'll aim for 8pm that gives everyone a chance to get home from work and have a bit of dinner before battle.

If anyone else is interested just PM me your number and I'll add you or if you know of anyone else wanting a game, usually I find you need a pool of about 15 lads to make up a 5-a-side every week anyway.

We've a pool of 20+ and still struggle to get 10.

Be sure Delta don't stick ye in the rubbish sandy tennis courts - the surface is crap. And like concrete. The 3 Astro pitches are best.

I play 7-8 there on Wed and i think all other Astro pitches are in use from 8-9 but can't be sure.

Advertisement