Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 a side

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

Just googled Delta. I'm out if that's the venue anyway. I'd be traveling a fair bit from east of county already

Sorry, is Delta in castletroy? It's mungret that's too far for me. Would love a game this week if at all possible

Delta sports dome is off the old Tipperary road, ballysimon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Delta is booked up all week the only available hours are 5 o clock and 10 o clock and I don't think that suits anyone.

Friday is the only day they have available decent hours on the 3g pitches, we can play 7, 8 or 9 o clock on Friday. How does 8 suit people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Delta is booked up all week the only available hours are 5 o clock and 10 o clock and I don't think that suits anyone.

Friday is the only day they have available decent hours on the 3g pitches, we can play 7, 8 or 9 o clock on Friday. How does 8 suit people?

Any one those times suits me.

We are booked for Detla 8-9 on a 3g pitch, anyone play there before is it studs or astro boots?

6 confirmed so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

PM sent, stick my name down

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

We are booked for Detla 8-9 on a 3g pitch, anyone play there before is it studs or astro boots?

6 confirmed so far.

Nope, never played there. Would be amazed if studs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Paulmee

Delta is astro boots mainly, but I have seen some players in mouldies/studs, its more suited to astro boots

Potato Man wrote: »
    Delta is astro boots mainly, but I have seen some players in mouldies/studs, its more suited to astro boots

This! Astro boots are best. You can get away with moulds or studs.. but god help someone if they get stood on or skinned by accident. I've been there! Ouch

I'm off to the UK on Friday with some mates but will fall in next week

Hooked wrote: »
    I'm off to the UK on Friday with some mates but will fall in next week

On Good Friday, they open then?

Yeah it's booked.

I think there's 14 in the group, well halt it there for the minute. I'll send a message around on Thursday confirming who wants to play.

• Advertisement

This Friday isn't good Friday!!!

And isn't that stupid closing of the pubs only a Catholic Church thing?

I'll be grand! ;P

Jaysus lads I haven't astro boots, just a pair of trainers will I be alright in them, I'm usually ok in em.

Hooked wrote: »
    This Friday isn't good Friday!!!

No, but I thought you meant... ah never mind. :D

Jaysus lads I haven't astro boots, just a pair of trainers will I be alright in them, I'm usually ok in em.

Get onto sports direct.com
    I usually pick up a decent pair for a little over 20 quid.

Runners will be fine. Far better grip in a pair of Astro's

Wear whatever footwear you like but don't turn up in a Man City or Chelsea shirt, they're banned :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Last call I reckon for this lads as its going ahead tommorow night in delta

Last call I reckon for this lads as its going ahead tommorow night in delta

Only one confirmed on group chat, where's everyone gone? I need a thumbs up or down or I'll be cancelling it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I can only do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday

Only one confirmed on group chat, where's everyone gone? I need a thumbs up or down or I'll be cancelling it.

I think we're up to 7 - how much does that work out per person? Could always play one goal, 3 defenders and 3 attackers (rotating goalie) - might not be terrible for the first night?

Not looking good so .

• Advertisement

Not looking good so .

Hi guys, I'm in meetings for most of the day, so not going to be keeping much of an eye on this.

I've fingers crossed. But, it it's going to be cancelled give us the heads up.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jimmaaay_96

I think we're up to 7 - how much does that work out per person? Could always play one goal, 3 defenders and 3 attackers (rotating goalie) - might not be terrible for the first night?

In my honest opinion dont think that idea would be worth the money and time as it comes to over €8:50 per person just for a game of ball. Should try push for 5 a side if not cal it off id say

Yeah it's €50 so only €5 each for 5 a side.

It's hard to say how many are actually turning up to it tonight, people must have their notifications turned off. I'm gonna give it til 3 o clock to get 10.

Tonight is cancelled.

Only 6 lads confirmed, I'll make it a priority to get another venue on a time that suits people better for next week done.

Again, if ye know anyone looking for a game please message myself or Brian Regan either here or on WhatsApp and let's get them added to the group so we can 10-12 every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Was on to Jimmayyy on PM but there's a game of outdoor I play on the astro in Aisling Annacotty on Monday evenings from 8pm - we're always looking for more bodies if ye're up for it - tis usually 8 a side. Mixed standard, good laugh. We keep extra money from the kitty for nights out a couple of times a year too.

Let me know if you're interested in playing tomorrow and I'll text the lads running it

I've a game booked in UL tomorrow night Tuesday from 8-9. If anyone's interested in playing who isn't already in the WhatsApp group please send me a PM with your name and phone number and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group thanks.

I've a game booked in UL tomorrow night Tuesday from 8-9. If anyone's interested in playing who isn't already in the WhatsApp group please send me a PM with your name and phone number and I'll add you to the WhatsApp group thanks.

Is that indoor/in the arena?

The outdoor UL Astro is a great surface but you'd need 8v8 as it's much bigger than delta.

Tonight is cancelled.

Tonight is cancelled.

:eek:

:p

• Advertisement

:eek:

:p

And this is why I hate organising 5 a side :mad:

We've about 5 willing people and the rest just ignore the messages.

Advertisement