Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut off again while abroad

Options
  • 05-03-2018 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭

Hi.

I have a bill pay phone with Eir. I pay approx €55 a month for my service.

Several months ago I travelled abroad to Asia. Because I used my phone abroad, Eir cut me off as my bill was “unusually high”

For 5 days there, I was unable to use my phone, and I ended up having an extremely difficult business trip.
    No access to email, calls, texts.

When I returned to Ireland, I called Eir, and they suspended me account because I was €75 over my “expected” bill amount.

I’m now abroad again. And I’ve just received a text saying my account needs a “pre payment” to continue using the service.

This is absolutely impossible for me to accept.

If I want to go abroad, and use €1,000 extra charges on my account, then that’s my decision.
    Eir have no right to cut me off at their discretion.

I would like this restriction removed, and when my billing date is due, eir can collect full payment as I would expect it to happen.

Let me know who to PM with my details.

As im abroad, I cannot call Eir since my phone service is disabled now.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi.

I have a bill pay phone with Eir. I pay approx €55 a month for my service.

Several months ago I travelled abroad to Asia. Because I used my phone abroad, Eir cut me off as my bill was “unusually high”

For 5 days there, I was unable to use my phone, and I ended up having an extremely difficult business trip.
    No access to email, calls, texts.

When I returned to Ireland, I called Eir, and they suspended me account because I was €75 over my “expected” bill amount.

I’m now abroad again. And I’ve just received a text saying my account needs a “pre payment” to continue using the service.

This is absolutely impossible for me to accept.

If I want to go abroad, and use €1,000 extra charges on my account, then that’s my decision.
    Eir have no right to cut me off at their discretion.

I would like this restriction removed, and when my billing date is due, eir can collect full payment as I would expect it to happen.

Let me know who to PM with my details.

As im abroad, I cannot call Eir since my phone service is disabled now.
    Hi h0neybadger ,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

Advertisement