Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platinum Trophy

Options
  • 05-03-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not bothered about these but with the snow day and having no plans decided to do the final collectibles and platinum The Division. I now have six.
    The Division
    Battlefield 4
    Far Cry 3
    The Walking Dead (1)
    Destiny
    Can't remember the last one

Remember a friend who has hundreds of these saying about my far cry one. "No offence Gimli but when I heard you platinumed it, I knew it was pretty easy"

The one I'd really like is The Last of Us but it had a really annoying multiplayer one that really annoyed me and I gave up on it. Never got the MW2 one either for some reason, not through lack of playing it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Destiny 1 or 2?

I platinumed Far Cry 4 cause when I finished the main game I only had like 8 trophies left. I didn't even like the game that much tbh, 3 was much better imho

Pretty much all Telltale Games are guaranteed platinum trophies if you finish them

I platinumed Bloodborne recently and was well chuffed with myself, despite there being 1 trophy that was a bit of a grind

One of my mates recently went over 100 platinum trophies, one of which was Overwatch (all the original characters trophies, not the added ones).
    F**cking lunatic :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Feck I could have got Far Cry 4 but you told me not to bother with it. I must finish that off.

Wonder why I never platinumed TWD 2? Now that you mention those type of games I'm pretty sure my missing plat is Until Dawn. Those games would be tough to go through again just for a missed platinum.

Destiny 2 is not getting platinumed. I know people like the Raids but I'm totally against them and jumping puzzles. Nothing to do with the boards clan this was pre-boards stuff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Feck I could have got Far Cry 4 but you told me not to bother with it. I must finish that off.

Wonder why I never platinumed TWD 2? Now that you mention those type of games I'm pretty sure my missing plat is Until Dawn. Those games would be tough to go through again just for a missed platinum.

Destiny 2 is not getting platinumed. I know people like the Raids but I'm totally against them and jumping puzzles. Nothing to do with the boards clan this was pre-boards stuff.

Gimli, do the raid layer. Its like Crota but its really good as a raid in fairness :D

I have feck all platinums but I dont chase them so I aint really bothered. I am playing Ni-oh and I know that will never get one in fairness, as much as I am enjoying the game its frustrating haha

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Ive got more than any one of my friends ..........6 :o
    I just cant commit the time to go for them, so im always impressed with those who can
    Just a side question, would most of ye have gaming as your no.1 hobbie over say reading/gym/etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,182 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Horizon Zero Dawn and Bloodborne are the only two I went out of my way to platinum. Bloodborne is a cool achievement since the later chalice dungeons can get bastard hard.

Apparently I also platinumed Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. Telltale must like handing out trophies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

J. Marston wrote: »
    Horizon Zero Dawn and Bloodborne are the only two I went out of my way to platinum. Bloodborne is a cool achievement since the later chalice dungeons can get bastard hard.

Apparently I also platinumed Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead. Telltale must like handing out trophies.

The wolf one made you do stuff twice, it was annoying
    GOT and Borderlands was a finish it trophy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've got 15, my last one was fifa 15 for the vita. before that it was mayo and before Assassins creed origins, I go for them if there easy to get,playing rise of the tombraider atm and saw the score attack trophies and what was involved and I couldn't be arsed going for it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I've 16 plats. A few are some of the Telltale ones. Normally if I'm playing a game, finished the main story and still enjoying it, I'll check out the trophy list and use going for them as a reason/objective to keep playing the game.

Sometimes I realise I'm close to the platinum anyway, sometimes some of the trophies are for things I wouldn't have naturally done so the trophies help me aim to play the game differently or do new things, but sometimes the trophies are either insanely grindy or unnecessarily difficult and I'll just not bother. Or if they're too multiplayer focused.

I can't see the joy in trophy hunting for the sake of it, but sometimes it can give you something to aim for if you want to keep playing the game but are losing focus on what to do.

Just got number 11 from 16 games played but I only got a PS4 this time last year, I could probably add 3 or 4 more if I played the ps+ Tell Tales ones. My Xbox completions would be around the 300 mark.

I thought I liked achievements and trophies but this guy takes the pie

https://www.truetrophies.com/gamer/Roughdawg4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

I got the FIFA 18 platinum last night. Not something I go for necessarily but if I like a game I will do all the collectibles etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

The last of us MP is incredible, so I wouldn’t let that stop you getting the platinum. Actually, screw the platinum, just play the last of us multiplayer :)

The last of us MP is incredible, so I wouldn’t let that stop you getting the platinum. Actually, screw the platinum, just play the last of us multiplayer :)

I was genuinely surprised by how good the multiplayer in The Last of Us was. Didn't fully get the whole thing about how many people are in your camp and are sick and all that jazz, but the way the actual gameplay translated into PvP was just so well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Penn wrote: »
    I was genuinely surprised by how good the multiplayer in The Last of Us was. Didn't fully get the whole thing about how many people are in your camp and are sick and all that jazz, but the way the actual gameplay translated into PvP was just so well done.

Me too, I expected it to be tacked on but it’s my favourite MP ever and I’m playing it as much today as I was in the beginning. I actually think I’m more excited for the MP in TLOU2 than I am for the SP!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think I have about 56 platinums. I enjoy going for them as long as there is no multiplayer grind, a requirement to do more than one full playthrough or a huge amount of collectibles that requires a guide. I think they add more playtime to a game but I must admit that I have been going for them less lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm on 16 plats, only missing the MP trophies in the last of us, looking to pick it up again just to get it but like above, agreed the MP in it is absolutely brilliant.

Fwiw, you guys should check out:

https://psnprofiles.com/

You can set up an account, link your PSN and it's really handy for filtering your earned/unearned trophies.
    It also flags "missable" trophies (this was handy for Bloodborne recently) and shows any Hidden trophies you may be missing.
    And it also links you to a video and text guide of how to get the trophy (once the game has been out long enough for these things to exist) if you click on it.

Overall a super service.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Next two plats for me are Far cry 5 and FF 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I've got 134 Platinum's, I'm a bit strange :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

van_beano wrote: »
    I've got 134 Platinum's, I'm a bit strange :confused:

Yes, you're winning by quite a wide margin You obviously need help. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Big fat 0 platinums for me,in and out kinda guy,i did have 100% of available trophies for warframe for ages,theres no plat though as more trophies get added with each update,can i count that though? Please:P

• Advertisement

I've noticed the amount you need to go up a level significantly ramps up when you hit level 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

A friend of mine solely plays games on the PS4 or Vita to get platinum trophies. He only games to platinum, and won’t play anything if it’s too difficult to get the trophy. It’s something I can’t get my head around. You’d hand him the world’s greatest game, but if one of the trophies is too tough to ping, he won’t even put it in his console. Hates seeing anything less than 100% on his trophy list. Madness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Notorious wrote: »
    A friend of mine solely plays games on the PS4 or Vita to get platinum trophies. He only games to platinum, and won’t play anything if it’s too difficult to get the trophy. It’s something I can’t get my head around. You’d hand him the world’s greatest game, but if one of the trophies is too tough to ping, he won’t even put it in his console. Hates seeing anything less than 100% on his trophy list. Madness.

I used to be vaguely like that, I hated seeing less than 100% as I felt like I hadn't cleared the game. DLC helped me get over that though because I wasn't going to buy every bit of DLC that came out for every game as I would usually have traded them in by that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I don't understand the whole trophies hunting craic.

I think the most I've completed a game was around 60% for Diablo 3.

I do the campaign and that's it. Pouring hours into getting something that is ultimately worthless is an alien concept.

I don't understand the whole trophies hunting craic.

I think the most I've completed a game was around 60% for Diablo 3.

I do the campaign and that's it. Pouring hours into getting something that is ultimately worthless is an alien concept.

Again though, if you're still enjoying playing the game even though you've completed the main story, going for the trophies can give you something to aim towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Made an effort to try and get away from the trophy/achievement thing with the PS4 as I found I was basing what game I'd play on the Xbox 360 on whether or not I needed an achievement in it. I was by no means anywhere near the extremes of "100% -ing" absolutely everything I picked up, I only ever actually completed a small amount of games, but I would look up achievements and how to get them and if I could get them with a bit of a grind I would.

The breaking point as it were though was when I began to stop playing games once there were no more achievements to gain. No issue with poorer games but I could be really having fun with one of the best games for the console and I'd immediately drop it i.e. somehow I was deriving more satisfaction getting all the achievements than from the actual game.

Don't have any platinums at all for the PS4 as it stands; just as well too because I don't have the same amount of time for gaming as I used to and to go after them. Closest I've come is I need one more ending on Bloodborne and more recently Assassin's Creed Origins which I really enjoyed and have everything in apart from one of the story related trophies which must've glitched on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

I have 17 platinum so far close to another 2 for tomb raider and everybody's gone to the rapture, I just like the challenge of trying to get one if they are very very hard I won't bother, my latest was FIFA 18 and assassins creed origins.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,077 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I reckon I'd be a Platinum chaser if it wasn't for online trophies. IMO, they should be separate to the rest of the trophies, and I'd have a few more Plats if it wasn't for them (one of the AC games, had all other trophies except for the online ones, but by the time I was playing it, no one was online anymore).

I think i've 6 at the moment, and none that I worked too hard for, 2 of which I got for just finishing games (BG&E HD and one of the Telltale games). Did work towards the Plats for inFamous 1 & 2, but they did trophies right, ie: finish the game with max good and max evil, collect all stuff, finish on hardest. Done with 2 playthroughs and very little messing about. Have Second Son to plat yet, but that will only require 1 more playthrough as evil on the hardest, all other trophies are sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

7 platinums, Destiny 1 & 2, Hellblade, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Walking Dead, Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Amoung Us. The only ones I had to work on were Destiny 1 and HZD so not a trophy hunter unless I'm almost there when completing a game.

I just need one more for The Divison platinum.

• Advertisement

^ What he said ^

Advertisement