Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debra Wicklow Mountains Half Marathon & 10K

Options
  • 05-03-2018 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can't find a thread for this one for this year. On next weekend so hopefully there will be a good thaw this week up there.

First time doing it and really looking forward to it.

I'm signed up for the half.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 james quinn

Have signed up for the half again too and is probably my favorite race of the year. Route is great, has everything and definitely challenges. Don't think the weather of the last few days will effect it too much as it was cold last year and wet the year before and didn't cause too many issues. It is a mountain race so it will be messy in areas regardless!!

There is one point where you cross a river which is normally more like a stream this time of year. However with the snow melting this might add to the water flow and raise the level which is the only issue i could see the snow really effecting the route.

This has been unfortunately postponed :-( but given safety nothing that can be helped

So after the snow is at the back of our memories thankfully, its come around to race time for the Debra. Whos racing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

So after the snow is at the back of our memories thankfully, its come around to race time for the Debra. Whos racing?

I'm in again. Should be good. It will probaly still be soft and muddy on the grassy sections though given winter rain etc.

Agree most likely, especially that nice uphil section at about 7-8km is always soft, most of the route should be fine and plenty of downhills to enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

Just wondering is this going ahead again in 2019? I don't see a date or anything posted. Just trying to plan out my events for next year

Just wondering is this going ahead again in 2019? I don't see a date or anything posted. Just trying to plan out my events for next year

''We are delighted to announce we have a provisional date for 2019. Subject to permit approval please put Sunday 10th March 2019 in your diary. We will be in touch to confirm when registration will open - hopefully towards the end of this year.''

I received the above during the Summer. Looks like a similar time to the past few years. Not confirmed yet but if happening, and i expect it will, this looks like the date , March 10th.

Advertisement