Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humidifier Help - Not Sure Which One to Get

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I have the vicks cool mist one. I found the vicks warm mist one better but too dangerous if small hands got their hands on it. It will also leave lots of condensation on your windows the cool mist one doesn’t;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I was actually researching this last week. I’m going to get the Vicks cool mist one as well. The warm mist one needs to be cleaned very regularly because mould can grow in it which is not something I want to risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,006 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I was considering the Vicks one but the below had excellent reviews on Amazon (I ordered it) so now I'm in two minds:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01C5YHFWO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

bee06 wrote: »
    I was actually researching this last week. I’m going to get the Vicks cool mist one as well. The warm mist one needs to be cleaned very regularly because mould can grow in it which is not something I want to risk.

tbh both would need to be cleaned. The warm mist one is actually easier to clean as you just clean it yourself with no special products. You are meant to by special “fish” to clean the cool mist one which is an extra expense.
    imho the warm one is more effective but I just couldnt risk it in case my older boy got his hands on it! I borrowed one for a few days.
    With both you can buy these pod/pad things to make it easier to breath. With the warm mist one you can just put your own drops into water part....you can’t really do it with the cool one (it has no effect).

Either way buy off amazon or ebay.co.uk and use addresspal as it’s much cheaper.

Good to know, thanks Millem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,102 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Like someone living in Perth or Adelaide buying a dehumidifier.

cnocbui wrote: »
    Like someone living in Perth or Adelaide buying a dehumidifier.

Our house has incredibly dry air because it’s so airtight. Our little boy has really been suffering with nasal congestion since the weather got cold because the humidity in our bedroom dropped about 10%.

From my own experience they have helped my little baby alot and has used his inhaler less since we bought humidifier.
    We are getting him an air purifier too.

Advertisement