Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEPA rules

Options
  • 05-03-2018 12:53pm

Hello,

Can you please advise what is the correct way to proceed.

I have recently been debited over €350 from my account from a service provider with which I had cancelled my service.

I was informed over the phone that there would be no cancellation fee and that my cancellation would be processed.

I moved provider and was shocked to find that a cancellation fee was enforced last week and withdrawn from my account with no notice given.

I have been in contact with the service provider and am getting nowhere fast (left hanging on the telephone, no response to mails etc).

Where do I stand with regards recovering this money?  It is a substantial amount (for me anyway) and I can't wait for this company to respond as I have heard examples of their lack of contact.

Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hello,

Can you please advise what is the correct way to proceed.

I have recently been debited over €350 from my account from a service provider with which I had cancelled my service.

I was informed over the phone that there would be no cancellation fee and that my cancellation would be processed.

I moved provider and was shocked to find that a cancellation fee was enforced last week and withdrawn from my account with no notice given.

I have been in contact with the service provider and am getting nowhere fast (left hanging on the telephone, no response to mails etc).

Where do I stand with regards recovering this money?  It is a substantial amount (for me anyway) and I can't wait for this company to respond as I have heard examples of their lack of contact.

Thank you.
    Hi the dunne,

Thanks for your post.

You can request a refund for this if it was a SEPA Direct Debit payment. To do this, please log into 365 Online then select the Service Desk followed by SEPA Direct Debit Services. Here you will see the form to request a refund.

If the transaction came out through your Visa Debit card we would advise you to contact the company directly first to request the refund. If they are unable to issie you one, you can fill in a Transaction Dispute form which you can find on our website here.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Hi again,

I have downloaded the form required for the refund but I see that I must send proof that I cancelled my contract with my old service provider prior to the direct debit.

This was done over the phone.  What proof can I show?

I still haven't heard from the service provider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi again,

I have downloaded the form required for the refund but I see that I must send proof that I cancelled my contract with my old service provider prior to the direct debit.

This was done over the phone.  What proof can I show?

I still haven't heard from the service provider.

Hi the dunne,

Thanks for your reply.

If you have cancelled this over the phone, please include a letter with the form explaining the situation and that you have yet to hear back from the company.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement