Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIDL Air Fryer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Lidl air fryer back in from today
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/special-offer...rticleId=12767

Anyone get 1 of these previously? Any use?
    Is a 3.2 litre basket big enough for say 2 + 3?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

says 3.2 lts but actually cant put much food in it compaired to Philips fryer of simular size

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AdrianLM

Did anyone try one of these out, is it any good?

So the chips out of these aren't the holy grail everyone talks about?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I bought one of the Lidl ones last year. As above, you'll do two adult portions of chips in one go. The chips out of them are lovely, the kids here go mad for them... But it took a few goes to get them right! Fresh home made chips need a very light spray of squirty oil on them as well as the oil in the fryer pan itself.
    I've also cooked steak in it, which was surprisingly good! Also home made chicken nuggets, roast potatoes. All good.

• Advertisement

DBB wrote: »
    I bought one of the Lidl ones last year. As above, you'll do two adult portions of chips in one go. The chips out of them are lovely, the kids here go mad for them... But it took a few goes to get them right! Fresh home made chips need a very light spray of squirty oil on them as well as the oil in the fryer pan itself.
    I've also cooked steak in it, which was surprisingly good! Also home made chicken nuggets, roast potatoes. All good.

And what about frozen chips..have you cracked them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Mine is mainly a meat cooker which it excels at, and processed food like frozen spring rolls etc, chips out of them are better than the oven but nowhere near a deep fat frier...

jay0109 wrote: »
    And what about frozen chips..have you cracked them?

I'm not a frozen chip fan, but I have done the frozen roasties in it, and they're delish. You don't need to use squirty oil on frozen chips, and the amount of oil you put in the pan is a lot smaller than for fresh chips as far as I recall from reading the instructions ages ago.

I was only going to get this to get better tasting chips than from the oven. Sounds like it can't do that so this would just become another redundant gadget

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I have a different type of fryer and with time and effort the chips are the nuts

Soak them in water for half an hour
    Steam for 10 minutes
    Sprinkle with oil and sea salt stirring to cover them completely
    Air fry on a low heat and then on a high heat to crisp up to your liking

Ah here, leave it ouuuttt!
    Thats a lot of work

• Advertisement

jay0109 wrote: »
    I was only going to get this to get better tasting chips than from the oven. Sounds like it can't do that so this would just become another redundant gadget

Depends on your own personal taste. I don't like oven chips that much. I love fresh home-made, deep-fried chips. Fresh home-made chips done in the air fryer, after a few practice runs, are a close enough second to deep-fried, and for my tastes, infinitely nicer than any oven chips I've ever had!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Tazz T

I got one of these last time they had it and only use the oven for pizzas now.

I think it's brilliant. It takes a bit of time to getting used to. Some brands of oven chips work better than others. The Lidl Homestyle chips are fab in it. Home made chips not so good. Where it works great is on chicken nuggets battered fish and the like.

Probably only big enough for two people. It makes cooking a lot quicker as you don't have to wait for it to heat up like the oven (and probably cooks stuff faster too). I use it most days.

Advertisement