Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

02 Astra all lights on dash lit even without key, won't start

Options
  • 05-03-2018 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,
    02 Astra was running perfect until I pulled in for petrol. After paying for petrol it wouldnt start no click at all but all lights stay on on the dash. Took out key ALL DASH LIGHTS STAY ON ! Have to disconnect at the battery to turn off lights. Im confused - what could it be an immobilizer ? Or ignition switch ? starter motor ? anyone seen this before ?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Ignition switch id say, you sure all the key came out and not snapped at the end in barrel, if not ignition barrel snapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭dieselbug

Could be a number of things really. I would disconnect things one by one starting with the alternator. Something is feeding back in to the circuits in reverse if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ZenV

Thanks guys - all sorted - The barrel had snapped as SCOOP suggested. Got a local guy who fixes Opel to pop in a second-hand barrel , 60 quid, job done.
    Now I have 2 keys one to open doors another to start but I'm happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Thats good,cheap fix too.

Advertisement